I've had my original Storm since the first day they came out (yes, I know I'm a rare bird!) I've survived the "screen-click" issue by using both the "business card" and "T-6" methods. The only thing that is killing me to the point that I have several times considered either getting another Storm, or getting an entirely different phone are the random reboots. I've been hoping that there would be an OTA upgrade that would fix it, but alas, there hasn't been one. Does anyone know of a solution for this that maybe I have overlooked? ANY help would be appreciated! I so want to love my Storm 100%, LOL!
    03-27-09 02:56 PM
    I'm in the same boat as you. It seems like it always reboots when I am typing a message in BB messenger. I am running .75. I am hoping it will be fixed when I do upgrade the OS.
    03-27-09 03:11 PM
    I am running .75 and I have been having the same problem this entire week! I am really starting to become frustrated. Today it has happened four times! Mostly when I am receiving a new SMS, but not always. I am tempted to first download one of the leaks. I have also considered talking to verizon but I don't want to risk getting a lemon from them.
    03-27-09 03:40 PM
    I'm in the same boat as you. It seems like it always reboots when I am typing a message in BB messenger. I am running .75. I am hoping it will be fixed when I do upgrade the OS.
    That's mainly when it happens to me (about 95% of the time) although I've had it happen when i'm dailing the phone! I also am running .75, I was wondering if any of the other updates has helped with this.
    03-27-09 03:42 PM
    i have run .109, .109/.114 hybrid, and now currently on .113 and have yet to have a singe reboot that I didn't plan for myself. Hope this helps you with your decision. I only ran .75 for about 2-3 hours before I loaded .109 when I bought my phone.
    03-27-09 03:45 PM
    UPGRADE UPGRADE UPGRADE. There are many new OS to choose from, .113 is working great for very many people, myself included.

I know its not an official update but wiating on that is a killer. Not one person have actually bricked their phone that I have seen because you can always wiper (format) it and reload your last OS, ie .75. But the changes and performace is mind blowing if your coming off of .75.

Check out this if your interested, I guarantee you will not be disappointed!

Storm 9530 4.7.0.113 - OS DOWNLOAD IT HERE
    03-27-09 03:46 PM
    UPGRADE UPGRADE UPGRADE. There are many new OS to choose from, .113 is working great for very many people, myself included.

I know its not an official update but wiating on that is a killer. Not one person have actually bricked their phone that I have seen because you can always wiper (format) it and reload your last OS, ie .75. But the changes and performace is mind blowing if your coming off of .75.

Check out this if your interested, I guarantee you will not be disappointed!

Storm 9530 4.7.0.113 - OS DOWNLOAD IT HERE
    Thanks! This is the reason why I am so crazy about this site! If this actually works, I dont know what im gonna do!! (I DO know I WON'T be getting a different phone! lol!)
    03-27-09 03:53 PM
    I honestly believe the reboots are hardware and not software issue's. I have had 3 storms and my fourth will be here today. So far only 2 of them have has this problem. On this particular storm I have loaded 4 different leaks... Some I have wiped the phone some I have added over a previous os. No matter what I do I can't fix the rebbot issue. My previous storm never rebooted and I loaded the same 4 os on. The only problem with that storm was the click issue and the dust issue. I'm hoping my new storm is finally my final storm. I would suggest getting another storm or see if the rebooting is something you can live with.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 04:05 PM
    not sure what i did earlier, but i am running the new .113 os, plugged my ipod headphones in, and phone rebooted... I guess the storm didn't like that
    03-27-09 04:08 PM
    I've had my storm running .113 reboot about once daily. When i was running .109 i didn't have nearly as many reboots, probably once every 4 or 5 days.
    03-27-09 04:24 PM
    I too have an original Storm, from 5th Dec 2008... but you have to UPGRADE I haven't had a random reboot since .75 I now use .113 and it pretty stable and a great deal better the .75
    03-27-09 04:32 PM
    I ran .75 for just a couple of days with the same problem. I upgraded to a beta OS and have had very few problems with only one random reboot. That was because the app. mem. was too low. I do a battery pull once every three or four days and have had no more problems.
    03-27-09 04:40 PM
    I've had two phones, replacement was from talk button falling off, lmao. But both have acted the same, I guess I've been lucky but in .90 and .99 I had the random reboots and since going to .103 and up I have not had any issues just gaining speed and functianality as the OS has gone up...

Let's hope that trend continues for the next official OS
    03-27-09 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD