I have a Bracketron Grip-It mounted on my vehicle's AC vent. Now that the warm weather is here, I'm wondering if the cold air will have any negative effects on the Storm. I had the AC running for about 15-20 mins today and could feel the edge of the Storm getting cold.

The Bracketron is mounted dead center on the vent... the top rung of the vent broke due to theft of the previous Bracketron, when the scum who broke in ripped it right off the vent. They thought it was a GPS unit or something. (The phone was with me, of course!) So now it has to sit dead center instead of slightly above the vent.

Anybody experience effects of AC on their mounted Storms?
    04-21-09 01:37 AM
    battery will last longer...
    04-21-09 01:37 AM
    only thing i could think of is condensation forming..
    04-21-09 01:42 AM
    only thing i could think of is condensation forming..
    Don't think the temperature differences will be great enough to cause condensation...
    Also the air will be dryer in the car with the AC on then not...
    It's how your defroster works. It turns the AC on and removes the moisture from the air...
    04-21-09 01:47 AM
    i could see it happening...if your phone has been in your pocket or you have been outside for a while then its gonna be relatively warm(and humid)
    so when you put the a/c on it the humidity will turn in to condensation,
    which is exactly what your a/c does, but it has a drip pan

i guess it may be different everywhere, but here in the south we get crazy humidity. LA may be different
    04-21-09 01:57 AM
    Luckily we have dry heat, and a small percentage of humidity. (Nothing like the East Coast!)

I was reading some past threads mentioning the phone not working well (unresponsive, etc) during the cold winter months, so I guess I'll experience the same.

Maybe I can Jerry-rig some insulation behind it...
    04-21-09 02:03 AM
    its just going to be the screen that is unresponsive(as far as i can remmeber),
    i think i read that it responds to heat or somethign..may just have to tap it a few times
    04-21-09 02:12 AM
    I use mine all the time since we have to be handsfree on post, and I have never had an issue with it. Has also worked excellent on 6+ hour drives that I have done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 02:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD