I'm new to blackberry, and the storm is my first...
    But a lot of the apps (vlingo and viigo for example) don't yet work on the storm. Are there any that you guys have found that I need?

Thanks.
    11-22-08 01:40 PM
    Opera mini (internet browser) works well on the Storm.

I also downloaded Google Maps last night. Google's website said the software would work on the Storm... and it does!
    11-22-08 01:42 PM
    The "killer app" still doesn't exist on the Storm. Yet. It'll happen eventually though. I miss Viigo like the plague right now. But the plus is the browser actually works pretty good so I don't completely feel like I'm out of touch with the world with my Storm.
    11-22-08 01:42 PM
    Thanks... I got google maps too... and i'll check out opera mini
    11-22-08 01:53 PM
    Thanks... I got google maps too... and i'll check out opera mini
    google maps is great, However, it does not use the GPS. Still unclear if that is because google hasnt updated or changed their software or if verizon is blocking it
    11-22-08 01:54 PM
    google maps is great, However, it does not use the GPS. Still unclear if that is because google hasnt updated or changed their software or if verizon is blocking it
    I heard, but am not sure, that it takes like 30 min before the gps starts working cuz it has to hook up to the satellites.
    11-22-08 01:57 PM
    how does blackberry maps compare to google maps? why not just use bb maps? many have stated that it works fine
    11-22-08 01:59 PM
    Google maps is definitely better than bb maps. I am willing to bet that google releases a new version thayw works with the storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 02:03 PM
    First here too and Orb was a suggestion. AWESOME program for streaming media from your PC and free.
    11-22-08 02:05 PM
    I currently have CNN "shortcut" and the weather channel "shortcut" installed and working fine.
    11-22-08 02:08 PM
    I heard, but am not sure, that it takes like 30 min before the gps starts working cuz it has to hook up to the satellites.
    no that doesnt work. While it does take a while to connect to the sats it won't work in google maps. Click the little blue button in the lower right and it will say waiting for sats and then it will say gps unavailable
    11-22-08 02:12 PM
    does anyone know on opera mini how to type in the web browser???
    11-22-08 02:12 PM
    Congratulations on your new device.

The CB launcher & CB App store are a must!

11-22-08 02:16 PM
    Hit menu button, scroll down to "open keyboard"
    11-22-08 02:27 PM
    does anyone know on opera mini how to type in the web browser???
    Hit menu button, scroll down to "Open Keyboard".

Someone else suggested you reprogram your rightside button to "Virtual Keyboard". I did that yet it did not work in Opera.

I also tried to visit an ASP webpage (that I developed) and it won't appear in opera or BB browser. I am sad.
    11-22-08 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD