...when the official .85 is coming out? I thought it was supposed to come out a week or two ago?

Thanks,
    Tim
    01-02-09 11:36 AM
    Disregard...I see we're waiting on .86 now. LOL
    01-02-09 11:38 AM
    Which could still change, yet. Who knows. I'd try the .85 but i have not a clue how to do it, don't wana fudge it up during install.
    01-02-09 11:42 AM
    Which could still change, yet. Who knows. I'd try the .85 but i have not a clue how to do it, don't wana fudge it up during install.
    I hear ya man! All I do on a computer is surf websites, download music, process word documents and most important watch p0rn!
    01-03-09 08:04 AM
    I would wait till the new OS update is more stable.
    01-03-09 10:00 AM
    My VZW reps keep sticking to the mid-January time frame for an official update. Who knows what .xx it will be and who cares. As long as it continues to improve the phone's performance and is stable, IMHO.
    01-03-09 10:28 AM
    It'll be out when it's out, that's really about all the more anyone ever knows. RIM makes the updates, hands them off to the carriers, the carriers test them and either bless them with official status or kick them back to RIM for further development.

There are always rumors about how some update will be made official soon, and some people even seem to think that any update ending in 5 will be an official release (which isn't true BTW)... No one ever knows for sure, so either give the leaked updates a try (there are a couple of guides on how to do this, and it's really not all that different from any other update unless you choose to wipe your device beforehand) or just wait for the next official one. It will be out when it's out, and until there's an official statement from your particular carrier, everything else is rumor, speculation, and subject to change.
    01-03-09 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD