Tried to load up the new OS .85 via the app loader, but it gets stuck at the back-up of third party apps part. Has anyone encountered this, also should I just end this task and give up, or do something different. The new OS didn't erase the .75 OS yet, and this isn't my first install, so any help would be appreciated. (Windows XP)

Thanks guys...
    12-29-08 12:46 PM
    When you say "it gets stuck", how long are we talking about?

The upgrade process can last anywhere from 10 min - 1 hour.
    12-29-08 12:53 PM
    Didn't know that, I give up around 30-45 mins. Do you know why it hangs like that for so long. It seems like other people just downloaded, and installed it in 20 mins.

Thanks again.
    12-29-08 01:06 PM
    There really isnt an answer.... one of those things that "just happens".

Just install it and don't ever disco/cancel and let it do its thing.... if its past an hour, post back.
    12-29-08 01:09 PM
    well, he's getting stuck on the backing up 3rd party apps part...

have you tried clearing your browser cache? and what 3rd party apps are you running?
    12-29-08 01:11 PM
    Haven't cleared browser, and not using any of the 3rd party apps knowingly i.e. flycast, gmail. maybe I should delete them..
    12-29-08 01:14 PM
    No don't delete them. Clear the Browser Cache, and reboot your computer and try again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 01:16 PM
    No don't delete them. Clear the Browser Cache, and reboot your computer and try again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Absolutely this, plus clear out any messages and emails you don't have to have.
    12-29-08 01:23 PM
    okay guys will do that, and check back in later with the results.

Thanks for your help.
    12-29-08 01:34 PM
    So I cleared the browser cache, and messages with the reboot. Then tried again, but now I am getting the message : connect prompt "Desktop loader unable to connect to device, you may need to renter, etc...

The only thing I can think of is something inside of the storm is dropping the handshake, but I don't know why...
    12-29-08 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD