I have .75, and I know that a new one is due out in a few weeks to a month.. or however long.... but is there an OS out there that nearly everybody agrees is worth installing, that doesn't replace problem X with problem Y so you are no better off... etc?
    02-12-09 05:50 PM
    I have .75, and I know that a new one is due out in a few weeks to a month.. or however long.... but is there an OS out there that nearly everybody agrees is worth installing, that doesn't replace problem X with problem Y so you are no better off... etc?
    .103 is definitely worth it. its fast and i have not noticed any flaws in it.
    02-12-09 05:54 PM
    how about this type lag I keep hearing about? I am anxious to see what this thing will do when some of the lag issues are resolved.
    02-12-09 06:00 PM
    Agree .103 is good. You can always revert back but I doubt you would want too. If you wait for an
    'official' release it will just be one of the previous beta releases, and you may be waiting awhile.

.103 tons beter than .75 in my opinion
    02-12-09 06:06 PM
    I'm wondering the same thing. I've seen something like 3 updates in 2 weeks leaked and everyone say's this one is awesome....but....

I know beta is exactly that, beta. I just don't want to screw up my Blackberry. I haven't even paid for it yet.
    02-12-09 06:08 PM
    .103 is outstanding.

Unless you want BT stereo with your videos...
    02-12-09 06:08 PM
    It's only a beta until Verizon tags it official.
    02-12-09 06:17 PM
    Im in the midst of unlocking my Storm so I can use AT&T, will a OS change remove all the verizon stuff off my phone? I know its a newb question please dont shoot me!
    02-12-09 06:25 PM
    I just went to .103 from .75 and I don't regret it one bit so far.

I also wanted to wait for an official release but I was tempted to try doing a beta os for the first time.

So far I'm pretty happy with it.
    02-12-09 06:26 PM
    Im in the midst of unlocking my Storm so I can use AT&T, will a OS change remove all the verizon stuff off my phone? I know its a newb question please dont shoot me!
    No my phone is unlocked and I did it while I was still on .75, I have my att sim in it as well as my verizon number.

After installing the new os last night I didn't notice any problems so far with the sim card.

The device is what is unlocked not the operating system so it shouldn't make a difference.
    02-12-09 06:28 PM
    Yah, I didnt really think that through. The updates are coming from Verizon so....
    02-12-09 06:33 PM
    .103 is definitely worth it. its fast and i have not noticed any flaws in it.
    x2. The keyboard lag that was present in .99 has been solved. The switch between portrait and landscape is very fast now too. Browser speed is decent. I haven't noticed any problems yet. The lock feature has a little delay but the unlock is immediate. So I would say .103 is a good solid build and worth installing.
    02-12-09 06:41 PM
    I have a newbie question I am trying to get the answer to. If I install a beta will it void the warranty on the phone? Can't verizon tell if you have a diff OS installed over the network like if you *228. Also does it void your insurance? I am just worried to install the beta I did it all the time on my 8830 but I bought that used for 60 bucks my storm I just got monday well sunday and returned my first one cause it restarted itself all the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 10:45 PM
    you can never get enough betas!!!
    02-12-09 10:54 PM
    I was afraid of making the leap to a leaked OS too. But I updated to .99 and now to .103 and both have given me ZERO problems and are an amazing step above the .75 OS. You can always go back like others have said, but I really doubt you will
    02-13-09 01:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD