We are working on a baseball scoring app for the Storm something similar to the iPhone iScore.

Just want to get a sense if there are any interest in this kind of app.

please let us know what you think.
    04-13-10 12:21 PM
    Baseball dad here. Sweet!
    04-13-10 07:11 PM
    Baseball dad here. Sweet!
    Isn't it? I've been looking for an app like this since I got my Storm 9530 a year ago. Now I want this app now that I know it is in development.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-10 08:36 PM
    Isn't it? I've been looking for an app like this since I got my Storm 9530 a year ago. Now I want this app now that I know it is in development.

ok. will try to post a preview version for anyone who is interested.
    04-13-10 09:49 PM
    Die hard Phillies fan here with a son due in 5 weeks. I would be happy to beta test and pay when it's finished if it's functional.

04-14-10 02:29 AM
    Please make it happen! Son plays select ball and this would benefit the entire team knowing and having stats on hand.
    04-14-10 05:17 AM
    would love this app if you made it able to keep track of softball....
    04-14-10 05:22 AM
    Would be very interested in this App., coach my Grandson!
    04-14-10 10:58 AM
    So where are the baseballfans out there that would usean app like this to keep boxscore? I know that there is more than those that have posted.
    04-16-10 03:03 PM
    here is the preview version

1 install ota http://www.toysoft.ca/homerun/HomeRun.jad

2 you need a sd card

3 run HomeRun

4 add some teams

5 add players

6 add players to the roster

7 goto the Game Day and select the Home and Away teams and start the game

8 during the game you view the Box score and Play by play in the menu

Notes during play

1 when a player is out select the Out button and select the outplay selection

2 when a player hits a ball or walk select the InPlay button and select inplay selection

3 anytime the player hits the ball it MUST be marked where it is hit. you will see the baseball move the ball around the diamond where the ball is hit to and click on the screen to save the location

4 for infield out you MUST mark the hit and then the TOUCHES. touches is basically all the players touched the ball. to do this you just TOUCH the player location on the field. when you are done CLICK on the screen. do not be confused with TOUCH and CLICK. CLICK is to save.

5 when the player is at bat if you touch the player it will show all the hits for the player

6 to sub a player touch the player on field and select the action.

7 during player to advance or call a player out touch the player on the base select Advance or Out and then select an action

Feel free to post your comments and suggestions here. This is a work in progress app so there will be alot of changes as we refine the app.
    04-17-10 12:34 PM
    Baseball dad here. Thanks for this
    04-19-10 04:11 PM
    Alright! have wanted this app since I got my Blackberry...I haven't even opened it yet, but will start playing with it at lunch and put it into practice at tonight's game.

Have been keeping manual book and transferring data to StatWiz 2000 for years...son, plays high school varsity and showcase...WILL BE HAPPY TO BE CONSIDERED A BETA TESTER IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN DIRECT FEEDBACK.

Greg
    04-20-10 09:50 AM
    Alright! have wanted this app since I got my Blackberry...I haven't even opened it yet, but will start playing with it at lunch and put it into practice at tonight's game.

Have been keeping manual book and transferring data to StatWiz 2000 for years...son, plays high school varsity and showcase...WILL BE HAPPY TO BE CONSIDERED A BETA TESTER IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN DIRECT FEEDBACK.

Greg
    the app is just a preview and you can not save the data yet. the preview just gives you an idea how the app works and see if there are interest in app. if there are no interest then we will not continue development.
    04-20-10 11:15 AM
    know and appreciate this is a preview version ...some ideas. How about adding MLB? memory leaks are big? ...just some suggestions
    04-21-10 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD