Just wondering if this exists, or if it can be made.

I have a Storm as a business phone. I want to be able to have an answering machine I turn on while it's after hours, so customers don't ring me at all hours of the night.

So, I need to be able to divert all calls to a message with the operating hours. But I don't want to do it via V/Fone, because I need to message that tells them to leave a message as I didn't make it to the phone.

Eg. 6pm - 7am. All calls are answered with "Thanks for calling [name], we are currently closed. Please call back between the hours of [hours]. It you are a current customer, please call the 24 hour help line outlined in your paperwork"
    02-26-09 06:59 AM
    I believe you can set this up by calling your voicemail and going into the advanced options.

You may need to call customer service to make sure that enhanced voicemail is active on your account. (Using the old activation system it was easy to leave it off an account. There is no charge for it.)
    02-26-09 07:24 AM
    Vodafone said there is nothing they can do.
    02-26-09 07:35 AM
    Are there any other options available?

I'm sick of getting woken up at 3 in the morning.
    02-26-09 08:49 AM
    why cant you just turn the phone off at night
    02-26-09 08:57 AM
    Because I need the current message for when I miss a call. And a second message at night to state that I'm not picking up because I'm closed.
    02-26-09 09:00 AM
    Have you tried YouMail? Http://www.youmail.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 09:01 AM
    Because I need the current message for when I miss a call. And a second message at night to state that I'm not picking up because I'm closed.
    Why not just state in the voicemail, "if you are calling between the hours of 10pm - 7am we are currently closed....."
    02-26-09 09:02 AM
    talk to your local phone company about adding virtual voice mail... they will assign you a number (probably less than $10 per month)... then just enable call forwarding on your phone after hours to forward all calls to the v-mail.... wake up in the mornings and disable call forwarding...
    02-26-09 09:03 AM
    Sounds like you need a 2nd line- one business the other personal. I dont think what you're looking for is possible. If worst comes to worst, change the current message that you do have. If it's not a business calls, those callers will know the message doesnt apply to them.

On another note, I'm lost about needing the current message when the whole objective is not to be woken up in the middle of the night. If you're trying to sleep, wouldnt that apply to all callers?
    Last edited by ScandaLeX; 02-26-09 at 09:07 AM.
    02-26-09 09:04 AM
    I have a personal phone.

This is for business customers only.

Thanks for the suggestions, I wish youmail worked here in Australia though!
    02-26-09 09:05 AM
    So I just decided to to what any good BB lover would do.

I bought a new one. Pearl is in the post.
    02-27-09 01:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD