Did the OS update help this issue for anyone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 05:10 PM
    Happens to me all the time, or when I press SEND, I have to press it a few times for it to answer...
    11-30-08 05:13 PM
    @PMurray663

Have you updated your OS? Does it respond that way after you've updated?

11-30-08 05:30 PM
    Did the OS update help this issue for anyone?

I came over to this thread to chime in to let everyone know that I am another person that this was having this problem..
    Having said that, was is the key word because after I installed the new OS
    ALL is WELL..Seems to react alot quicker now..and no more "cat and mouse" just to answer the phone..
    Last edited by Reality; 11-30-08 at 05:43 PM.
    11-30-08 05:38 PM
    @Reality

Thanks for the update!

11-30-08 05:41 PM
    Sometimes I have to stare at the darned phone to figure out how to answer it as the ringer goes off. I guess I am just a little slower than the phone.
    11-30-08 05:43 PM
    Your comment is flat out STUPID... SO genius, why did RIM put a big FAT GREEN button to answer the phone with on the touchscreen when a call comes in? Explain that to me??

I swear RIM employees must lurk on this board! For every FAULT and boy there are a lot of them, there is response like yours that attempts to JUSTIFY it.
    I am not a 17 yr old twit texting his stinky finger sweetheart 100 times a day.. MY Phone is a TOOL for work, having to press the hard button four times or flip the phone around so it comes back to portrait mode is NOT cool.
    There is NO FRIGGIN way ANYONE beta tested this phone.
    Thank you!!!!!
    You just saved me from typing the same thing.
    11-30-08 05:55 PM
    The update did not fix this issue for me, but the camera works well now. I probably have one of the bad ones. I will see tomorrow when the new one gets here.
    11-30-08 05:59 PM
    I am waiting for people to throw virtual poo!! LOL wow . . some of these 'business' folks sound like 15 year olds
    11-30-08 06:01 PM
    Your comment is flat out STUPID... SO genius, why did RIM put a big FAT GREEN button to answer the phone with on the touchscreen when a call comes in? Explain that to me??

I swear RIM employees must lurk on this board! For every FAULT and boy there are a lot of them, there is response like yours that attempts to JUSTIFY it.
    I am not a 17 yr old twit texting his stinky finger sweetheart 100 times a day.. MY Phone is a TOOL for work, having to press the hard button four times or flip the phone around so it comes back to portrait mode is NOT cool.
    There is NO FRIGGIN way ANYONE beta tested this phone.
    You must be ridiculously dumb... Why on earth would you buy a phone the 1st day it's out from a company not known to have EVER made a touch screen device ever before... Seems to me, if my phone was a business TOOL that I depended on and would throw a child-like fit over minor flaws, I would wait to buy it...

And maybe you should be texting a sweetheart 100 times a day... You won't come off as a **** so much...

11-30-08 06:13 PM
    You must be ridiculously dumb... Why on earth would you buy a phone the 1st day it's out from a company not known to have EVER made a touch screen device ever before... Seems to me, if my phone was a business TOOL that I depended on and would throw a child-like fit over minor flaws, I would wait to buy it...

And maybe you should be texting a sweetheart 100 times a day... You won't come off as a **** so much...

Yes its DUMB to buy a product from a company that makes reliable products and EXPECT it to work.. yes I see your point.... hows that SPRINT working out for ya sporto? can you hear me.. can you he... r me... me..
    11-30-08 06:34 PM
    Look when you don't have a product that works as it should of course
    you have a right to be upset but then again there is a certain price you
    pay for early adoption. Chill out everyone my goodness.
    Also for the record when I hit my physical green button after updating
    to75 it answers instantly. Even though it dosent always update orientation instantly, by the time I get the phone up to my ear the caller is on the line

11-30-08 06:34 PM
    Women are the most confusing thing I have ever done. Period.
    Pictures, or it never happened.
    11-30-08 06:38 PM
    Pictures, or it never happened.
    haha that's your guys' answer to everything now

I'd post some pics, but I'd think I'd get in trouble. Last time I shared pics of my exgirlfriend with someone on CB, he had a sticky accident in his pants. lol

Take my word for it

11-30-08 06:42 PM
    Now truly---pics or it didn't happen.
    11-30-08 06:47 PM
    Now truly---pics or it didn't happen.
    If you really don't believe me, request me on BBM.

The lack of faith, it hurts lol

And she's a crazy bi*ch so I really could care less

11-30-08 06:50 PM
    I didn't even know you COULD answer it with the touch screen. Does a little icon pop up or is it just a "push the screen anywhere" thing, or what? I guess I should pay more attention...I just push the little green phone button since it's so obvious and what I'm used to.
    12-01-08 12:27 AM
    I think this must be an issue that doesn't affect all phones. I haven't had this problem at all... Never been any issue. I have pulled it out of my pocket.. Picked it up off my desk... Pulled it out of my holster.. Answered it off my nightstand laying in bed.. No problems. I am sorry a lot of you are having this problem but... I don't think its happening to all devices.. SO that being said.. is this really such a big deal that we are yelling at each other over the internet??
    12-01-08 12:39 AM
    ive had this problem as well
    12-01-08 12:44 AM
    update fix this?
    12-01-08 12:46 AM
    My electromagnetic fields 2 final exam was definitely the most confusing thing i've ever done.

answering my storm is err... easy?
    lol em2 is a *****. electrical engineer i presume? im a mech- e myself.
    12-01-08 12:49 AM
    Incase you haven't looked at the polls, over 85% of the people who have it are very happy with it.
    I'm sorry but given how rabid the community is here, RIM could ship a turd in a box, call it the "BlackBerry Scat" and it wold still garner at least 30% postive support on a forum poll.

You sound like RIM should of had commercials saying their phone's new and buggy and will frustrate you for a few months before a lot of fixes get ironed out.
    In thinking about that quote, you really hit it on the nail - As sad as it sounds, that's a pretty accurate summation of the 1st generation Storm. Though I don't necessarily expect them to come out and say that, I do expect them to (in private) be capable of judging the quality of their product and determining an appropriate release date to consumers based on it's maturity

The mantra on this forum that "Your an early adopter", "It's First Generation Hardware", and "RIM has never done a touchscreen" is complete nonsense; Why should anyone going into a Verizon store to purchase a new Storm not be able to walk out with the belief that the device their purchasing was well-tested and will work with only minor defects, if any?

To think anything else is just low expectations...
    Last edited by IAmTheWalrus; 12-01-08 at 01:31 AM.
    12-01-08 12:58 AM
    Yes its DUMB to buy a product from a company that makes reliable products and EXPECT it to work.. yes I see your point.... hows that SPRINT working out for ya sporto? can you hear me.. can you he... r me... me..
    Wow. You are truly a dumb SoB. Let me go slow, so you can follow...

1. RIM does NOT have a history of making reliable touch screen products... This would in fact be the company's 1st one.
    2. RIM has also been know to release 1st generation products with multiple MAJOR glitches and bugs... And they've been known to RELIABLY try to fix them. That's what you missed.
    3. Expecting a new product to work perfectly 2 weeks of having it (especially after my #2 point) shows your just another ignorant consumer.
    4. Sprint works wonderfully for me ****. Thanks for your concern. I'm sure my reception is higher than yours and my cell phone bill is lower... I'd truly like to see.
    5. Don't be stupid, it's unbecoming of anyone.

Catch that all?

12-01-08 01:59 AM
    Never had a problem. its been great and easy
    12-01-08 09:38 AM
    iphone early adopters went through the same growing pains, iamthewalrus. there is nothing wrong with people being realistic.

fwiw, the phone hasn't had any problems for me, .75 fixed the screen orientation problem which was my only gripe.
    12-01-08 09:47 AM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD