"Essentially, the Verizon Storm was set to launch with an OS higher than 4.7.0.65. The boxes handed out at the Verizon media event on Tuesday in NYC (where all those reviewers picked theirs up) actually have stickers on them that show 4.7.0.82. Yet the devices were actually loaded with the .65 OS. Did you purchase a Storm yesturda? Take a look at the sticker on your box. If you peel it off, you'll see one beneath for 4.7.0.82. Right before the Storm was set to ship en mass, a security glitch was caught in the OS that prompted a hault of shipment. With no time to release a newer, updated OS, the Storm's that made the stores for yesturday's launch were simply a limited number of units that were reprovisioned with an older OS, version 4.7.0.65. Yada, yada, yada.. that explains shortages and the revised December 5th availability date along with the not quite silky smooth OS. Suffice to say, you can expect an OS update to storm into town soon. "
    11-22-08 12:17 PM
    mines not broke
    11-22-08 12:19 PM
    "Essentially, the Verizon Storm was set to launch with an OS higher than 4.7.0.65. The boxes handed out at the Verizon media event on Tuesday in NYC (where all those reviewers picked theirs up) actually have stickers on them that show 4.7.0.82. Yet the devices were actually loaded with the .65 OS. Did you purchase a Storm yesturda? Take a look at the sticker on your box. If you peel it off, you'll see one beneath for 4.7.0.82. Right before the Storm was set to ship en mass, a security glitch was caught in the OS that prompted a hault of shipment. With no time to release a newer, updated OS, the Storm's that made the stores for yesturday's launch were simply a limited number of units that were reprovisioned with an older OS, version 4.7.0.65. Yada, yada, yada.. that explains shortages and the revised December 5th availability date along with the not quite silky smooth OS. Suffice to say, you can expect an OS update to storm into town soon. "
    Both of mine box say .65.

But I look forward to the OS update.
    11-22-08 12:22 PM
    Old news.... "Search" is your friend.

HH
    11-22-08 12:27 PM
    yea.. it is old news. But yea, my box didnt have two stickers. nor is my phone broken, but there are obviously things that need to be taken care of.
    11-22-08 12:29 PM
    someone dropped theirs down the stairs. now THEIRS is broken hahaha
    11-22-08 12:32 PM
    Okay, so wait... what OS VErsion # should we be wanting to appear on the box?

I looked at mine and have 4.7.0.65 Is that good or bad? And how if it is bad how do I remedy it or upgrade it?

Thanks in advance- I"m a Crackberry virgin so your patience is appreciated!
    11-22-08 12:40 PM
    Okay, so wait... what OS VErsion # should we be wanting to appear on the box?

I looked at mine and have 4.7.0.65 Is that good or bad? And how if it is bad how do I remedy it or upgrade it?

Thanks in advance- I"m a Crackberry virgin so your patience is appreciated!
    thats what everyone has
    11-22-08 12:42 PM
    All of them have 0.65. It is neither good nor bad, it just is. The units were set to ship with the better 0.82, but a serious bug was discovered. What can you do? Wait for the Almighty Verizon and rIm to release a newer OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD