So I was bored during lunch and found this video. I don't know how it is on the Storm (got a Bold) but the guy said when you hit the "back" or the "end" button on the Storm, it doesn't close the apps. I.e. the apps still run in the background, hence slowing the device down alot if there are many of them running at the same time.

So if you have the Storm you might wanna try closing the apps when you dont need them and see if they will run faster? The phone isn't eprfect, ok, we know but some errors might be caused by misinformed users. This guy really likes it

11-24-08 03:14 PM
    So I was bored during lunch and found this video. I don't know how it is on the Storm (got a Bold) but the guy said when you hit the "back" or the "end" button on the Storm, it doesn't close the apps. I.e. the apps still run in the background, hence slowing the device down alot if there are many of them running at the same time.

So if you have the Storm you might wanna try closing the apps when you dont need them and see if they will run faster? The phone isn't eprfect, ok, we know but some errors might be caused by misinformed users. This guy really likes it

The only issues I've had with lag were because I had too many apps running. You must not forget to close the app when you are done!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 03:33 PM
    This has always been the case with Blackberry's. Its a complex OS. If you don't shut things down, it not gonna assume that you wanted it closed. So therefore, if you have a multitude of programs open of course things are going to slow down. Just like any other decent OS.
    11-24-08 04:01 PM
    I noticed this when my Navigation was yelling at me when I thought I turned it off.. now I always close out of everything I open to reduce drag on the battery and lag.
    11-24-08 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD