I really don't think there's any validity to the following story, but I thought I'd share, just so all of you can affirm that this guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

But I was at a party at my friend's house, and I heard someone mention that they work with Blackberry phones. So I included myself in the conversation and asked if he knew anything about the Storm. He said, "Yea, I was actually just playing with one." So I asked if he could give me a confirmed release date. That's when he said that it was still really buggy and probably wouldn't be out for another month and half (December)...
    I told him that I heard November 16th from a lot of Verizon reps.. and he told me that it was very unlikely to get it that soon.
    I kinda just nodded because I didn't want to be like, "But my friends on Crackberry said it would be out soon...."

..so yea.... please tell me this guy is wrong.... I can't wait until December... I need it NOW!!!!
    10-25-08 01:28 AM
    LOL!! I do love it here, however, I'd probably never say "..all my friends on a website.." at a party--at least if I was expecting to hook up anyway!
    10-25-08 01:31 AM
    LOL!! I do love it here, however, I'd probably never say "..all my friends on a website.." at a party--at least if I was expecting to hook up anyway!
    hahaha I know..which is why i didn't actually say that.... I added that into the story for a little bit of humor..
    10-25-08 01:34 AM
    Why don't we all just wait for it to be officially announced instead of people making a half dozen BS release date threads PER day.
    -Rik
    10-25-08 01:41 AM
    Why don't we all just wait for it to be officially announced instead of people making a half dozen BS release date threads PER day.
    -Rik
    I suppose we could do that... but then what else are we going to read as we check the board 100 times a day... I know I'm not the only one that does that...
    10-25-08 01:43 AM
    I suppose we could do that... but then what else are we going to read as we check the board 100 times a day... I know I'm not the only one that does that...

I agree, thats the whole point of these blogs.
    10-25-08 01:59 AM
    -Rik
    you don't like?, feel free to ignore
    10-25-08 02:10 AM
    How about this thread?
    10-25-08 02:11 AM
    I really don't think there's any validity to the following story, but I thought I'd share, just so all of you can affirm that this guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

But I was at a party at my friend's house, and I heard someone mention that they work with Blackberry phones. So I included myself in the conversation and asked if he knew anything about the Storm. He said, "Yea, I was actually just playing with one." So I asked if he could give me a confirmed release date. That's when he said that it was still really buggy and probably wouldn't be out for another month and half (December)...
    I told him that I heard November 16th from a lot of Verizon reps.. and he told me that it was very unlikely to get it that soon.
    I kinda just nodded because I didn't want to be like, "But my friends on Crackberry said it would be out soon...."

..so yea.... please tell me this guy is wrong.... I can't wait until December... I need it NOW!!!!

I heard December as well, and this i coming from a senior VP at verizon. I've told you guys this before but no one wants to believe this, which is understandable I'm pissed to. but i figure i'd keep telling everyone and eventually when november rolls through they might look back and be like, oh, this guy might be right. and then I'll just smile for the fact that i was right, but still be pissed that i dont have a storm in my hands yet.
    10-25-08 02:12 AM
    Verizon really doesn't give a **** as long as it comes out in time for the holiday season. the way i see it, the closer the phone releases to christmas the better chance they have of it selling more because the hype will be around christmas with the release date as well as other things
    10-25-08 02:19 AM
    Most Verizon CS phone people are now starting to tell people " a couple weeks". While it's true that no-one knows, I have to believe that if it were December, their supervisors would not be allowing them to say " a few weeks" or very soon.
    10-25-08 02:19 AM
    there just trying to build hype. its working isn't it?
    10-25-08 02:22 AM
    Yes and no I think if VZW waits to long they will lose interest in the storm. they have a large group that will not want to wait that long, And with the bold coming out people are going to just go with that rather than switch or wait for the Storm. IMHO So it would behoove VZW and BB to Hurry up with the Release of the Storm. I am sure as more reviews of the G1 come out even people wanting the touch screen will start thinking that android or iPhone is looking good right about now.
    10-25-08 06:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD