Current storm one owner. Original device. NO hardware issues (lucky). Power user. Fast typer. Over 60words per min on pc.

Earlier posted my opinion of new storm 2 keyboard as mushy and feels like in quicksand.

(mind you this is meant towards storm 1 guys who are proficient with device. If I never had a storm if probably love the new keyboard. That is why many of the reviews are jaded. Many from non stormera claiming its great.

Anyway went back for anther try. Definately takes hARDER push and slower than s1.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 05:57 PM
    How hard are you pressing, mine barely takes any pressure at all and rebounds instantly? I came from a Storm 1 and I can blaze on this thing like nobodies business.
    10-28-09 06:59 PM
    It is a hard click, especially if you are like me, and made my Storm1 screen click so soft and smooth.
    10-28-09 07:03 PM
    yeah feels very hard , seems like it takes lots of pressure to actually make it click , hope future OS updates address this
    10-28-09 07:12 PM
    I've never been a storm user, but I went to the Verizon store today and tried the Storm 9530 and two different Storm 9550s. There is a definite different "feel" between the devices, but it is hard to explain. The 9530 has a "crisper" click to it, however, I didn't think the 9550 was hard to click at all. I personally was much faster and more accurate on the 9550. Matter of fact, I was much better on the 9550 than I have ever been on my 8330.

The screen on the 9550 does seem to have some flex to it though, which I didn't like. when the phone was off, and the screen was "fixed" I could still push it down some. It didn't click, and it definitely felt different. This is when I got the "mushy" impression.

Overall, I preferred the 9550 experience, but it wouldn't take long to get used to either one, honestly.

*note: 9530 was on 5.0.0.328 and 9550 was on 5.0.0.320, so they had comparable OSs. I played with the 9550 for probably an hour or more, but only played with the 9530 for a few minutes, only to compare the "feel" of the screens.

Hope this helps some other non-Stormers out there looking at the 9550!
    10-28-09 07:14 PM
    yeah feels very hard , seems like it takes lots of pressure to actually make it click , hope future OS updates address this
    I know they will because Sal's S2 was clicking so nice and fast, I believe he had 287 in it, then when 320 came it got harder, so it's definitely software based, but if there was a option to control the feel I would be in heaven
    10-28-09 07:18 PM
    I know they will because Sal's S2 was clicking so nice and fast, I believe he had 287 in it, then when 320 came it got harder, so it's definitely software based, but if there was a option to control the feel I would be in heaven
    I aggree with you. The store had a Storm1 and Storm2 side by side. I got a chance to try both. The screen travel of the S2 is very, very small compared to the S1. But to me, it required the same amount of effort. If they can somehow have an option to control the amount of effort for a click, that would really help.
    10-28-09 07:44 PM
    My S2 requires a hard press. Very frustrating at times. If I could adjust it, I may keep it...maybe.
    10-28-09 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD