I was just comparing my screen to a friend and his is much brighter than mine. When I have mine on 100 his is just as bright on 40. His seems alot sharper and less dingy than mine. When next to his my whites have a yellow tint to them. Anyone else noticed this on theirs? Set aprt mine looks fine but now it bothers the heck out of me knowing his looks better.
    12-02-08 01:12 PM
    Sometimes my light looks dim but i think its saving battery when it does that because it can get bright too, I never compared mine to anyone elses...that wouyld bother the **** outta me though...
    12-02-08 01:16 PM
    I took auto dim off to take that out of the mix thinking my auto dim was different than his.
    12-02-08 01:24 PM
    we are comparing lighting now? lol
    12-02-08 01:44 PM
    I took auto dim off to take that out of the mix thinking my auto dim was different than his.
    So did that make the difference?
    12-02-08 02:07 PM
    No I guess I wasn't clear. I made sure auto dim was off and compared the to just adjusting the broghtness level. His is clearer/Brighter mine is kind of dingy/dimmer than his. Dont get me wrong if his is not next to mine then mine looks fine it just bugs me and I am wondering if they used some screens that might not be as bright maybe different manufacturers?
    12-02-08 02:58 PM
    Hey guys has anyone else had this problem? I just got my replacement storm yesterday and everything works great but my screen is a lot dimmer than my old one. When my new storm is on its brightest setting it is still not as bright as my old storm. I really hate to send it back but it really bothers me since the screen is one of my favorite features.

Does anyone have any solutions to this problem or should I just send it back? I have turned off my auto dim and this still doesn't help anything. Thanks in advance.
    12-24-08 11:46 AM
    I was thinking about starting a topic on this today. My replacement came last night and the difference in screen brightness is very noticeable. The replacement is much brighter.
    12-24-08 11:55 AM
    There have been other threads started about the Canada build vs Mexico build on phone brightness/sharpness.
    12-24-08 12:03 PM
    Maybe you were accidently covering your light sensor. It can auto adjust the brightness. If his was covered, it might of made his screen brighter.

or maybe it is just performing diffrently. We have seen the disparity between phone when it comes to memory and responsiveness. My friend's Storm's accelometer responded one second slower than mine when they were both right out of the box.
    12-24-08 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD