You have heard that you really don't know somebody until you have lived with them?

Well... You don't really know a gadget until you have used it... Or at least had close, frequent exposure to it. Example as follows...

My fianc� has an iphone (3gS). She expresses frequent jealousy that my storm has very good and simple ringtone selection/customization. When she is off work, she hates getting calls from clients or supervisors that do not respect boundries. While an app on my storm redirects all calls not on my contact list to my Voicemail, and all 8XX prefixes get hung up on (telemarketets), the iphone has no such apps.

So I offered a solution that would work... on her very phone that is not a blackberry.

I told her to download a silent ringer that she can manually switch on after hours, yet individual contacts can be assigned personal ringtones so those calls come through. Sucks to have to "work around a phones limits", but.... I digress.

So I send her via email attatchment a silent ringer. She can download it, but not assign it as a ringtone. (?!?!). She tells me she has to go through "itunes" to download a ringtone. So unlike me, who sees a soundfile I like and can grab it and have it as a ringer right off the internet, she apparently has to wait until she can get to her desktop, usb tether it so she can "sync with itunes" and get a silent ringer.

Something we wise bb owners can do with a click of a button is a royal pain in the a** to the iphone user.

So in conclusion... when the trolls are playing their fiddles and singing their tripe in here, remember......

....they don't have a clue what they are talking about, and be thankful you have the awesome device you do before you go and make a regretable decision leaving you stuck with a phone that is all fizz and bubbles but really lacks true substance.

Love my blackberry !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-10 02:40 PM
    Learn to jailbreak and then use iBlacklist.

No worse than having to use some Frankenstein OS on your BB to get it to work like it should.
    05-30-10 12:01 PM
    My fianc� has an iphone (3gS). She expresses frequent jealousy that my storm has very good and simple ringtone selection/customization. When she is off work, she hates getting calls from clients or supervisors that do not respect boundries. While an app on my storm redirects all calls not on my contact list to my Voicemail, and all 8XX prefixes get hung up on (telemarketets), the iphone has no such apps.
    getting calls from clients or supervisors...

AT&T is now supporting phone calls on the iPhone? I'm calling this a fake :P [haha] AT&T + Phone = Dropped Calls.
    06-05-10 02:04 AM

No worse than having to use some Frankenstein OS on your BB to get it to work like it should.
    I have to agree with this; The storm has been quite unpleasant for me. The call quality is a joke - my 8703e had a better speaker/microphone.
    06-05-10 02:07 AM

I use .328, an official OS and my 9530 works just fine. Don't need an unofficial, don't need a hybrid. In other words, it works just as it should just the way it is.

You fail.

06-05-10 09:59 PM
    LOL, sorry, but you got owned.

BTW, I didn't realize that trucated emails and attachments were features of a communication device that is working as it should.

Glad you enjoy your POS phone. You're one of the few.
    You wish.

Perhaps you are upset that I trashed somebody that had the same phone you do with the same problems. I don't know. Even less I don't care.

I am not one if the few but one of the silent majority. Its the few complainers that get the majority of attention; nobody calls the car dealership to rave about how awesome their new purchase is; its those dissatisfied customers that call in to gripe.

I don't have to jailbreak my storm to get it to do what I want. I don't use unofficial OS's either. .328 is just fine. right off the shelf I can use any sound file for a ringer, I can use any picture for wall paper, and better yet, I don't have to alter it to use unauthorized software on my smartphone. Appworld? Crackberry? Whatcha-ma-doodleplex.com? whichever, this phone was intended to use whatever apps I want on it. Call management apps? Yessir.

Now you have been totally b!tchslapped, take what's left of your pride and indignation and leave before you are humiliated further. Its looking kinda bad for you already.

Man your attempt was pathetic.

Last edited by kb5zht; 06-10-10 at 05:43 AM.
    06-10-10 05:38 AM
    All the time I saved from not having to run a cracked/hybrid/beta/jailbreak OS on my phone to get it to do what I want, I put into trolling on crackberry.com. It's really paid off; you can see how productive my Storm lets me be.
    06-10-10 08:29 AM
    Just because a phone rings doesn't mean you have to answer it..........
    06-15-10 09:26 AM
    LOL, sorry, but you got owned.

BTW, I didn't realize that trucated emails and attachments were features of a communication device that is working as it should.

Glad you enjoy your POS phone. You're one of the few.
    Why are you even here anyway. If your phone was that great you'd have better things to do then malinger where TRUE BB lovers lie. You're stepping into the lions' den and are about dat azz ate up. Take your iLoveSteveJobsBallz azz to your own forum and lick ur own ballz.
    06-15-10 02:58 PM
    06-15-10 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD