I find that much of the time, my random restarts aren't very random. They almost always seem to happen when I am driving, even more specifically when I stick the phone in the cupholder that also has change in it. I'd say almost 80% of the time it happens when I go for a drive on the same road, and almost never any other time.

Could vibration or minor road bumps possibly cause the restarts? Perhaps overloading the accelerometer or causing conflicting signal returns that cause the Storm just to reboot?

I also notice that I lose about 1/2 to a full block of the battery reading per restart. Maybe that's why some people complain of a bad battery life...too many restarts. Without the restarts, I can usually go 2 normal days.
    03-09-09 04:33 PM
    Advice - dont put it in the cup holder if you feel that way
    03-09-09 04:41 PM
    before i removed apps i had a massive memory problem. my storm would go to under 1mb application memory. i think when it gets much lower then that it automatically restarts. this has been my experience at least. maybe it is designed this way so you dont have issues or are forced to remove the battery.
    03-09-09 05:00 PM
    i've always felt it is a power/surge issue...people have reported that in low signal areas it seems to happen more, cell phones boost their power in low service areas..I've had it happen a couple of times when I go to charge....just my thoughts..
    03-09-09 08:30 PM
    Advice - dont put it in the cup holder if you feel that way
    possibly one of the most pointless post ever. I never understood why people have to be smartasses on here, does it make you feel cool or something??

Anyways, Ever since I setup quickpull to reboot on a schedule, my random reboots have gone away. You could try that and see if it happens. I know you said it almost always happens when you're in your car, but that was also when my phone would reboot the most too. IDK, give it a try and see if it helps.
    03-09-09 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD