What has more influence on the speed of the browser? Hardware or software? I ask as I have had my storm since day one, and I just got my wife a storm. Her browser is just about twice as fast with side by side comparison, going to the same sites. we are both running.132, but i have a lot more 3rd party apps as I think she has downloaded one. anyone have an idea for this?
    05-25-09 01:41 AM
    I think it's a software issue. I hope RIM revamps the browser soon. Is javasript enabled or disabled? Disabling it Makes a huge difference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 02:20 AM
    Or you can just cheat and go to http://mini.opera.com and download the Opera Mobile browser. I have yet to see ANYTHING that is slower or less convenient than the BB Browser
    05-25-09 03:53 AM
    What has more influence on the speed of the browser? Hardware or software? I ask as I have had my storm since day one, and I just got my wife a storm. Her browser is just about twice as fast with side by side comparison, going to the same sites. we are both running.132, but i have a lot more 3rd party apps as I think she has downloaded one. anyone have an idea for this?
    As SilverLight eluded to, it may just be a matter of settings within the browser. Enabling JavaScript will have an affect, as well as "Browser Identification".

Opera Mini is usually much faster, but it does take a bit of getting used to since it is not exactly compatible with the Storm. There's also Bolt. Personally I use Opera most of the time, and occasionally BB Browser, didn't care much for Bolt. But... that's just me .
    05-25-09 08:47 AM
    Specifically, Browser > menu > options >

Browser configuration > uncheck support javascript & check prompt 2 enable js. Experiment w/browser id. I mostly use FF.

General properties > check enable js location support + image quality > low (faster).

Cache operations > regularly clear all 3.
    05-25-09 09:18 AM
    I was a long time WM user and used Opera Mini and Opera Mobile. In switching to the Storm, I was really disappointed with the browser like you were. I donwloaded Opera Mini and it was not very good initiallly. As Craterz stated, it takes getting used to. Here are the things that I learned that have helped a lot.

- When opening links in the browser, apply a "touch" to the link, not a "click".
    - "Touch" to zoom, not click. You can also double-click the Blackberry button to zoom without touching the screen.
    - Speed Dials and Favorites will make your experience go much fast.
    - Double clicking the Blackberry button has a lot of use in this browser.

The speed is MUCH better than the OEM browser. While it is still not up to par with Opera Mobile 9.65, Skyfire or Safari, it is a great improvement to the usability of this device.
    05-25-09 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD