Hey guys,
    About a month ago I applied the full body coverage version of the invisibleSHIELD to my storm and I decided to review it.

Ease of Application: 6/10
    Don't get me wrong, the invisibleSHIELD can be applied to your device within about 15 minutes if you so desire. However, if you are really a stickler for perfection, it is going to take you much longer. The pieces fit on pretty much perfectly but areas of high concern (such as the screen) can take 10 minutes by themselves to fit perfectly. Perhaps I am a bit too much of a perfectionist, but that is how it went for me. Also bear in mind, if you are reading this to decide between protectors (invisibleSHIELD, Ghost Armor, etc.), this section shouldn't make the decision for you because the process to apply all of these protectors is the same.

Appearance: 10/10
    After application and drying, the IS looks fantastic. Many reviews that I have read complain about the orange-peel effect, but that does not affect the image quality of your screen. The only time that I ever notice the orange-peel texture of the IS is when the device is off and I can see my reflection. Once again, the image quality of the storm is not affected at all by the IS. I would also like to note that contrary to other reviews, I have noticed no yellowing of the skin.

Protection: 9/10
    The IS is extremely durable. I have thrown my phone in my backpack with keys, etc and there is not a scratch on it. Other reviews that I have read have said that the IS is the thickest and most durable of the skins. I can attest to the durability of the skin itself, but I do not have experience with others, such as Ghost Armor, so I can not compare. The only reason that I gave the IS a 9/10 is because the corners of your device are not covered. The metallic corners (an example of which is from the headphone jack to the mute symbol) are uncovered on all sides which leaves them vulnerable to scratching. I will note however that I have not had any scratches on the corners anyway, but they are still unprotected.

Hope this helps some people. Feel free to reply with any questions.
    01-05-09 07:54 PM
    Ive applied IS to my 9530 as well and i concur. For those people who's IS were affected with "yellowing", i recommend more than one hand washing sessions per day. =P
    01-05-09 10:23 PM
    I have used Invisible Shield and am very happy with its appearance and usefulness. It does take time to apply to the phone so be patient.
    01-05-09 10:59 PM
    How long did it take you all to get your IS?
    I ordered 3 sets (Storm, PSP, Nikon S60 Camera) over a week ago and have not heard a word about them yet!
    01-05-09 11:15 PM
    Just got mine today.. Was not aware the full body coverage does not cover the metal parts .. Will be applying it tomorrow..
    01-05-09 11:19 PM
    How about any impact on the usability of the screen? Does it make the screen easier to slide your finger around on, or is it more sticky than the factory installed protector? Any other impact on usability? I'm considering a purchase so this type of info would be extremely useful for me. Thanks!
    01-05-09 11:25 PM
    How about Cradle or Holster ?
    01-05-09 11:29 PM
    I use IS but don't think its necessary for the Storm- it dulls the touchscreen IMO. Remember the screen is scratch proof so it really isn't needed and if the smudges annoy you, you can get a cling protector from Verizon which is cheaper.
    01-06-09 12:11 AM
    one major note dont forget to take off the little circle near the menu key so when you talk into the phone people can actually hear you =(

Yeah i forgot to take it off.......
    01-06-09 01:19 AM
    One very, very, very, very important precaution one should pay very, very, very, very close attention to when applying the invisibleSHIELD is.........BE VERY CAREFUL how much of the included solution you apply when placing the invisibleSHIELD on your Storm. Like cpels7, I too am a perfectionist and applied and reapplied the invisibleSHIELD like 3 times until I got mine perfect. Now the bad part.......................because I did this 3 times and applied the solution 3 times....water creped into the exposed corners of the Storm and low and behold...........touchscreen was useless afterwards. One thing the invisibleSHIELD has you do to make sure there are no bubbles is squeegee the shield from the middle out. Well, as we all know from the "dust in my phone" posts, the storm has gaps on the whole screen. Luckily when I brought my Storm back, I had no problem exchanging my phone as they thought it was a lemon and the liquid had already dried. I got my new Storm and believe it or not, applied the invisibleSHIELD again, but paid close attention to the amount solution I applied. The phone works great and the invisibleSHIELD is super clear and totally durable. No yellow color on mine nor does it affect the touchscreen. I do highly recommend it, but just beware of the solution.
    01-06-09 01:44 AM
    @Jmack98
    It took about 10 days to get my IS. Did you not receive a tracking number?

@JjcampNR
    I noticed no real difference regarding the sensitivity of the screen. I my opinion, it does not dull the screen at all. In fact, I don't even notice it anymore when I use my phone (feel and appearance wise).

@xxfire
    Unfortunately, I do not use a cradle and cannot comment on its fit.
    01-06-09 01:34 PM
    Just dont like the orange peel
    01-06-09 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD