I wanted to thank everyone on here for all of the help and information that this board has provided.

As a hardcore BB user the speed of the storm just can't work for me. The slow OS, the eratic screen rotation, dust accumulation, slow typing speed (for me), constant memory leaks, overall instability of the software has caused me to get rid of it again.

I have used blackberry's for about 4 years now and I have never had any problems with them before until now. I frequently visit this board but have never posted because I haven't had a reason to. The 8700, Curve, and Bold have worked very well for me. For a light user I think the storm is a great option but for me I just can't seem to make it work for me.

The information supplied here for the storm is extremely helpful and I do appreciate the hardwork that everyone does to make the storm a great phone. I think it will be one day, but until then I am going to have to stick with a more reliable option.
    01-23-09 03:16 PM
    have you used .90 ? its fast as ****.. click and your there no more fade effect.
    01-23-09 03:31 PM
    have you used .90 ? its fast as ****.. click and your there no more fade effect.
    .90 is faster, **** definitely not "fast", the OS is still sluggish and not ready for prime time. Maybe by OS 4.8.x.x the Storm will not be such a joke.
    01-23-09 05:22 PM
    i feel you man, i cant type on the storm at all. whenever i start moving fast i "catch the rebound" of the screen, causing an error.

i type 100WPM on a regular keyboard. I estimate i can type 75WPM on the bold keyboard in my tests.

i estimate that i type 10-20WPM with lots of errors on the storm. that is bad.

its the one thing i hate about the device and praying storm 2 has a slider or some kind qwerty option.

but i decided to keep the storm because my options on verizon are all garbage except the storm.

i just dont write messages on the storm at all. read only.
    01-23-09 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD