So yesterday Slacker automatically asked me if i wanted to update to a newer version, to which of course I did. After the reboot i got notorious "VERIZON" freeze screen so i did a battery pull. It then goes into the "VERIZON" screen again and i have to hold down the end button to shutdown, I do this so that it displays the actual main screen. Then it says the usual "powering off, press any key to abort" which i do then I get two errors the first one is

Uncaught Exception: Java.Lang.nullpointer exception. from here i press the OK button on the screen and the 2nd error pops up

Uncaught Exception: Application registry.wait for (0xedae2c374e488c64)timeout

Soooo the problem I have is that my "message" icon and "email" icons are gone. Also gone is: setup email and BB messenger icon.

I've done at least 10 battery pulls and can duplicate the same problem with the same step every single time. Any ideas my fellow CB community?

Sorry for the long post....

forgot to add... im running .83
    Last edited by Spooey; 02-19-09 at 01:31 PM. Reason: fogot to ad
    02-19-09 01:29 PM
    anybody ???
    02-19-09 02:59 PM
    You can try upgrading to a different version of the OS and that should make the problem go away.
    02-19-09 03:44 PM
    did you also resend the service books? I lost an icon or 2 in swapping OS versions, and that always fixes my issues.
    02-19-09 04:26 PM
    It's odd that you lost all those, resend the service books and make sure they didn't become hidden. The only thing that happens when you opt to upgrade is it launches the slacker website.
    02-19-09 05:14 PM
    Ok so... I tried resending my service book and it brought back my "email" icons but not "message" icon and still trouble turning it off and on. So i tried to think what the last think i did before the Slacker D/L and it was my Appleberrry Theme. As soon as I erased the theme **BAM** everything works... All back to normal, back to the old storm that I loved....
    Thanks Guys
    02-19-09 07:29 PM
    Why doesn't anyone learn? 3P apps and themes will have a profound effect on your berry and make it less likely that any install will go as planned.

If it is something that you truly want, back it up, go back to a clean machine and install your app. Install your apps all at once and if you experience problems, start over. This time install your apps one at a time and see which one ganks your awesomeness.

Savvy?
    02-19-09 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD