I just called tech support and they told me my "worry free guarentee" is up! Since I bought my Storm on Nov 21st I only had this "guarentee" til Dec 21st to return for a new device! This guy said that he is only having calls from people tryig to use this device, not from problems with hardware! This Tech guy had the balls to say, "The internet complaints are coming from people who have nothing better to do!" I mean seriously?? Why would anyone want to deal with problems on their smart device!

The next question is since this guy told me to go to the Verizon store and have them verify that there has been no damage what can I expect? I have some dust under the screen which means there is a bad seal! Now I bet they are going to charge me for a replacement!

Where can I find the info on "we have til Jan 15th for a worry free guarentee" in writing?
    Last edited by httrdd; 12-28-08 at 03:07 PM.
    12-28-08 03:01 PM
    Why were you thinking Jan 15th?
    I'm pretty sure it's only 30 days from date of purchase.
    12-28-08 03:03 PM
    On the back of your receipt. If you bought it online, log into your account on Verizon's website and go to Message Center. You'll have scanned in receipts from when they processed your CC.
    12-28-08 03:04 PM
    Why were you thinking Jan 15th?
    I'm pretty sure it's only 30 days from date of purchase.
    Jan 15 was a new thing they did for XMas. Call another CSR, that person was an *****.... next time ask for a manager on the spot to verify the info and then reprimand the ***** CSR.
    12-28-08 03:05 PM
    nothing better to do? that just makes me mad.
    12-28-08 03:06 PM
    Oh, really? Interesting. I was told I only had 30 days. Oh well, I don't plan on returning it anyways
    12-28-08 03:07 PM
    On the back of your receipt. If you bought it online, log into your account on Verizon's website and go to Message Center. You'll have scanned in receipts from when they processed your CC.
    Jan 15 was a new thing they did for XMas. Call another CSR, that person was an *****.... next time ask for a manager on the spot to verify the info and then reprimand the ***** CSR.
    Thanks for the response and I know that the 30 day refund is on there but where was the Jan 15th actually posted? Do you have a link?
    12-28-08 03:30 PM
    The only way to have it replaced is through data support. That worry free guarentee is only for 30 days. it is till january 15th but if there is any usage on the phone you can not after the 30 days. the only reason they said that was for4 christmas presents that were not opend till the 25th.
    12-28-08 03:36 PM
    Thanks for the response and I know that the 30 day refund is on there but where was the Jan 15th actually posted? Do you have a link?
    What the heck man, did you not read my first post you even Quoted. IT'S ON YOUR RECEIPT!!!
    12-28-08 03:37 PM
    Ok my bad I thought it was something that just came out and my reciept is from Nov 21st and bought in store. I will check that out.
    12-28-08 03:42 PM
    Oh, really? Interesting. I was told I only had 30 days. Oh well, I don't plan on returning it anyways
    Most sane companies have policies that extend the return policy for things bought within about 90 days of Christmas since so many purchases aren't going to even be seen by the user until the 25th.
    12-28-08 03:44 PM
    I bought mine Nov. 21 via phone and here is what my receipt says:

From my receipt:

"All purchases made between November 16 and December 15, 2008 may be returned or exchanged
    through January 15, 2009. All other provisions of the Verizon Wireless' Return
    and Exchange, and Verizon Wireless' Test Drive program, still apply."
    12-28-08 03:49 PM
    I bought mine Nov. 21 via phone and here is what my receipt says:

From my receipt:

"All purchases made between November 16 and December 15, 2008 may be returned or exchanged
    through January 15, 2009. All other provisions of the Verizon Wireless' Return
    and Exchange, and Verizon Wireless' Test Drive program, still apply."
    Thank you so much man! I am at work and I cannot look at my reciept til I get home. I am going to call back tomorrow when I am home.
    12-28-08 03:52 PM
    Internet orders: According to a rep I spoke with, 30 days starts ticking on the day you activate your phone. For me, the order was placed on 11/22, shipped on 11/29, and activated on 12/5. Normally I would have until 1/5 to return. The Jan 15 language on my receipt extends that by 10 days.
    Last edited by crackberryfan; 12-29-08 at 02:29 PM.
    12-29-08 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD