Fellas I've been posting about my battery drainage the last couple of days after downloadin .148...I was averaging about 6 hours battery life...well I deleted weatherbug app finally and after 2 1/2 hrs I still have 85%...I'll keep u posted and ill Iet u know when my battery gives out... just felt like sharing this with everyone...enjoy your extended weekend
    05-24-09 07:28 PM
    It's not the app..... It's the way it was configured to
    automatically push for updates to keeps it display current.
    I'm running WB and I don't see drain. I bet it's been posted
    around before.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 08:03 PM
    honestly, 148 has terrific battery life for me.
    05-24-09 09:03 PM
    honestly, 148 has terrific battery life for me.
    Good for u...I beg to differ
    05-24-09 09:04 PM
    Good for u...I beg to differ
    the difference is either the physical hardware (phone charger port/wall charge/battery issues) or an app running that is leeching power...

hope the deletion of weatherbug helps you out.
    05-24-09 09:14 PM
    Fellas I've been posting about my battery drainage the last couple of days after downloadin .148...I was averaging about 6 hours battery life...well I deleted weatherbug app finally and after 2 1/2 hrs I still have 85%...I'll keep u posted and ill Iet u know when my battery gives out... just felt like sharing this with everyone...enjoy your extended weekend
    What does WB have to do with .148?

05-24-09 09:27 PM
    I would suggest you turn location capabilities off on Weatherbug and change update interval to 1 hour to get better battery life.
    05-24-09 09:29 PM
    What does WB have to do with .148?

the weatherbug app has an auto update option, and it will basically update every 15 mins, it creates a data connection and takes about 30 secs. to 1 min to update and retrieve (based on available bandwitdh, network coverage, network traffic, etc)

battery vampire!
    05-24-09 09:42 PM
    Its been 5 hours and I'm at 70%...this is after deleting weatherbug...thurs-this afternoon I was only getting 6 1/2 hours battery life MAX...with this being said weather bug had a lot to do with the drainage...I don't know why the draining started to happen once I downloaded .148...that is still a mystery
    05-24-09 09:49 PM
    Because most apps will default to their initial configuration when a new OS is installed. WB automatically changes to show alerts and auto update every time. The same way your network settings do from 1XEV to global. Remember to go back and update the little things or your battery will be crap. Reinstall WB and adjust the settings right or not, good luck.
    05-24-09 10:05 PM
    Because most apps will default to their initial configuration when a new OS is installed. WB automatically changes to show alerts and auto update every time. The same way your network settings do from 1XEV to global. Remember to go back and update the little things or your battery will be crap. Reinstall WB and adjust the settings right or not, good luck.
    Na I don't need that piece of crap app...ill just use weather.com from my browser
    05-24-09 10:24 PM
    if you change the settings, it works great. but like you said, wap version of the info is available. i prefer wap vs. app myself!
    05-24-09 10:26 PM
    Yet another person I'm going to point to my sig. $20 bucks says an app you have installed is holding your data connection open.
    05-25-09 01:02 AM
    At least you weren't posting from mobile this time.

05-25-09 01:06 AM
    Yet another person I'm going to point to my sig. $20 bucks says an app you have installed is holding your data connection open.
    You sure are proud of sig
    05-25-09 01:36 AM
    20 dollars? Screw that highway robbery. If you have half a brain you can tell what's running and if traffic is actively passing.

05-25-09 02:28 AM
    Just go into the Rant/Rave section and read the "Battery Drainage" thread. It will tell you whats wrong with your phone.

05-25-09 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD