Hi All,

On bbm I keep getting an incoming bbm instant message alert/sound while im typing a message. The alert/sound only appears for incoming bbm messages when I'm typing on bbm. the alert/sound is different than the sound that I set on the profile menu and the volume is much bigger.

Can I deactivate this alert/sound?it is preety annoying, can somebody give me answer?

Thank you very much...
    08-21-10 05:31 PM
    Options, advanced options, accessibility. Make sure event sounds are off.
    08-21-10 05:50 PM
    Happens all the time whether I am using gtalk or bbm. I assumed it was just a bug with the OS. This existed with previous builds. I typically replace all of my bbm/instant messaging sounds but when I am typing between friends in both programs and messages are coming there is some sort of conflict and I get the really loud chime. Btw, my event sounds are turned off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-10 06:18 PM
    My event sound are off man, and it still chimming like before and no change at all...but thank you very much for your answer dkingsf it is much appreciated...

Any other folks got a fix for this issue?
    08-22-10 02:22 AM
    No fix here, just another user with the same issue I read somewhere creating a custom profile and setting your sounds again fixes it but it does nothing for me.
    08-22-10 09:58 AM
    its part of the sound profile. the sound should be different when you are actively typing and a message requiring an alert comes in. I cant if you can disable it or not
    08-22-10 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD