Twice per day I get a single annoying chime at approximately 4:30 to 5:15 AM and PM. It is never at exactly the same time of day but around 5 AM and PM. I do not use any instant messaging and have attempted to turn off all audio alerts except notification of an email and a call which do not use a chime sound. I do not have the alarm clock set or even in use. This occurs when there is no activity on phone and/or if I am doing something like web browsing. The worst one is early AM when I am sleeping and sometimes the single chime wakes me up. Any ideas what this annoying chime is or why it is being generated? How can I identify it and turn if OFF?
    10-30-10 07:34 PM
    Have you possibly got a recurring alarm set in your calendar? That is the only thing that I can think of that would go off daily at the same time. If it not exactly the same time, maybe the reminder is chiming every few minutes, and you have slept through the first one.
    10-30-10 09:12 PM
    Different yet similar annoying issue.

No matter what even if profile is set to ALL ALERTS OFF It still vibrates for a missed call alert.

Anyone else with this issue?

Thanks
    10-31-10 06:00 PM
    Is it in a holster when you this happens? If so, that'll happen depending on your holster viabration settings. Also, make sure you haven't changed up the profile settings to always vib and ring. If you did, this will always happen, even if you don't have it in a holster.
    10-31-10 07:58 PM
    This sounds like an alarm. These can be setup through your calendar even if you have your alarm off in the clock app. Like Civic said too, the holster settings can change all of your notifications.
    11-02-10 03:40 PM
    try turning off event sounds in the options menu? advanced options->accessibility-> event sounds: off
    11-02-10 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD