I'm not at all happy. This is unacceptable. And now I can't even turn wifi on. I click it (box) and exit, but it won't turn on. Tried to turn it on via the wifi set up screen and I just get a message saying wifi can't be turned on. The screen doesn't seem any better than my original...I still get double clicks and dumped messages.

Seriously...now I'm just plain mad. I've spent the last 24 hours (half my weekend) trying to get this stupid device switched over and I'm not better off and can argue I'm WORSE off since wifi isn't working all of a sudden (on the new device).

Ridiculous and giving me serious 2nd thoughts on if I will stick around.
    05-23-10 12:53 PM
    i got my storm2 thru asurion today; after a couple of days of delay .. OMG this fone is amazing; the screem feels different, the fone booted up in what seemed like less than 30 seconds & i did the buyr & it a brand new fone .. new battery, memory card, usb everything

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-25-10 01:01 PM
    the phone boots up quick when you have no programs on it, lol. When I first rebooted my replacement, it took about 30 seconds. But now I'm back to 5-8 minutes with all my apps installed and 30 - 40mb file free

but the screen is definately different on new replacements. Its like the screen just floats on the device. Good stuff!
    05-25-10 08:10 PM
    Funny thread! I thought that the S2 was supposed to be an improvement over the S1. Sounds like the SOS to me.
    05-25-10 08:26 PM
    Funny thread! I thought that the S2 was supposed to be an improvement over the S1. Sounds like the SOS to me.
    its a work in progress just as iphone was and still is. The reengineered replacements are near flawless. Gives me confidence that storm 3 will be immaculate, especially with 6.0
    05-25-10 08:30 PM
    the phone boots up quick when you have no programs on it, lol. When I first rebooted my replacement, it took about 30 seconds.
    Absolutely no way that your s2 booted up in 30 seconds. EVER!
    05-25-10 08:31 PM
    I did not count. Point I was making is that it boots very fast when its brand new with no apps on it
    05-25-10 09:06 PM
    ===== QUOTE RicanMedic78 ====

the phone boots up quick when you have no programs on it, lol. When I first rebooted my replacement, it took about 30 seconds.

===== /QUOTE ====

dude u need to stfu .. we said it loaded in what seems like 30 seconds, do you really have nothing better to do then to troll around these forums ? sounds like someone is in some serious need for some punani, maybe it will make u less grouchy

@RicanMedic yeaa you're right after i loaded all my apps on the replacement the boot takes a lil longer, its still twice as fast as my old storm tho & it gets stuck in the middle for a lil while .. ii'm thinkin it has to do with one of my apps maybe

05-26-10 07:54 AM
    Wow, the Troll continues. Dragging his lonely **** around the BB forum.
    He has no friends (not even on the Android forum) so he tries to get attention by being annoying. Sad and pathetic, but that's the reality of TheOneTroll
    dude u need to stfu .. we said it loaded in what seems like 30 seconds, do you really have nothing better to do then to troll around these forums ? sounds like someone is in some serious need for some punani, maybe it will make u less grouchy

@RicanMedic yeaa you're right after i loaded all my apps on the replacement the boot takes a lil longer, its still twice as fast as my old storm tho & it gets stuck in the middle for a lil while .. ii'm thinkin it has to do with one of my apps maybe

Now I can feel the love! Guys, I'm really sorry that I chose to point out an obvious lie. 30 seconds indeed! You call me a troll, but I prefer to think of myself as the "Administrator of Truth"! I just enjoy pointing out the flaws in your sub-par devices. Am I so wrong?
    05-26-10 08:00 AM
    Now I can feel the love! Guys, I'm really sorry that I chose to point out an obvious lie. 30 seconds indeed! You call me a troll, but I prefer to think of myself as the "Administrator of Truth"! I just enjoy pointing out the flaws in your sub-par devices. Am I so wrong?
    this 30 second statement mean that much to you man???? Or are you just trying to boost your posting count to reach.... lets say....MINE!

the point is it boots super fast! 30 seconds, 45, a minute... IT BOOTS FAST!!!

Imagine the phrase, "strong as an ox!" You'd probably tear that appart if you had a chance!

I can hear it now... (Goffy voice): "NO NO! THATS A LIE!!!" DADERF!!!!
    05-26-10 10:37 AM
    Is it worth the headache to order a warranty replacement??
    My S2 is about 90%. It's better than my S1 but I know there is room for improvement.

I got my S2 when they first started shipping.
    Assembled in Mexico.
    No issues except the occasional bottom button issue, where they will become real stiff. This can be fixed with a battery pull.
    05-27-10 05:33 PM
    Is it worth the headache to order a warranty replacement??
    My S2 is about 90%. It's better than my S1 but I know there is room for improvement.

I got my S2 when they first started shipping.
    Assembled in Mexico.
    No issues except the occasional bottom button issue, where they will become real stiff. This can be fixed with a battery pull.
    It's not that difficult...really just a phone call away...BUT...you may not end up with a device any better. I was having issues with dumped BBMs due to double clicks or multiple clicks (when only trying to click once) so I decided to do a warranty swap. Supposedly I have the new hardware but I'm not noticing it being all THAT much better. It is a little better...just don't know that it was worth the hassle of spending the better part of the weekend getting everything switched over, access codes entered, logins and passwords updated, etc. And the overall typing on my new device seems stiffer to me which I'm not at all liking. So for me, I feel it was kind of a wash.

I'm not the only one...see this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/un...bootup-470229/
    05-28-10 09:18 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD