I've gone from average 11 hours max. battery life to 32-35 hours with the following changes - each one contributing around a third of the increase:

1. Switched off Global Roaming to just CDMA. Biggest change - almost doubled current bat. life.
    2. .90 release - added about 6 hours increase alone.
    3. Seido 1600 extended battery. This was the smallest but still added about 4-5 hours.

Also, I'm down to about 1 crash every 3-4 days instead of more frequent. Did not do a clean wipe from .86 to .90 though I did for all previous upgrades. I have lots of apps like Weatherbug and launchers. Seeing average 38 MB memory.

This is all based on moderate business use - 10 calls per day, push email, lots of web use on WSJ, NYT, etc. Almost no use of video/mp3, etc.
    01-28-09 03:14 PM
    i didn't get the extended battery, and I use my phone, text, messaging FREQUENTLY..like 1 of the above is going off on avg of a minute a day from 9AM - 2AM...and i'm on the 4th day without charging. is the back a lot bigger with the extended battery?
    01-28-09 03:22 PM
    where is global roaming?
    01-28-09 03:23 PM
    I've gone from average 11 hours max. battery life to 32-35 hours with the following changes - each one contributing around a third of the increase:

1. Switched off Global Roaming to just CDMA. Biggest change - almost doubled current bat. life.
    2. .90 release - added about 6 hours increase alone.
    3. Seido 1600 extended battery. This was the smallest but still added about 4-5 hours.

Also, I'm down to about 1 crash every 3-4 days instead of more frequent. Did not do a clean wipe from .86 to .90 though I did for all previous upgrades. I have lots of apps like Weatherbug and launchers. Seeing average 38 MB memory.

This is all based on moderate business use - 10 calls per day, push email, lots of web use on WSJ, NYT, etc. Almost no use of video/mp3, etc.
    Where do I change Global Roaming to just CDMA?
    01-28-09 03:38 PM
    The extended battery is not bigger than the standard battery, just lasts longer.

i didn't get the extended battery, and I use my phone, text, messaging FREQUENTLY..like 1 of the above is going off on avg of a minute a day from 9AM - 2AM...and i'm on the 4th day without charging. is the back a lot bigger with the extended battery?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 03:39 PM
    options/mobile network/network technology/select 1XEV

Where do I change Global Roaming to just CDMA?
    01-28-09 03:41 PM
    The roaming changes cam be made under Options > Mobile network.

Also if you are in the USA then you don't need to have the global roaming turned on unless you plan on traveling over seas most generally to europe and parts of asia.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD