Is there any app for the storm that can stream AM frequency radio? I live in NY and would love to get 660, 1050 and others for sports games. OR even an app that streams sports games without having to pay

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 01:15 PM
    1050 is on Moodio, that much I am sure. Don't know about 660, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Welcome to Moodio! | Moodio
    05-01-09 01:18 PM
    Just checked, 660 is available as well.
    05-01-09 01:19 PM
    And also if your favorite station isn't listed, you can add it if its being streamed.

05-01-09 01:25 PM
    If your looking for the Mets, they are only available thru MLB.com. And the same holds true for the Yankees.
    05-01-09 01:45 PM
    Mlb gameday audio is cool. I just purchased it. Wish it was an app and not embedded media player. It is like youtube. Go to the site, pick the game and it offers choice of team's radio broadcast. So I got to listen to the rays absolutely eat Beckett alive on Boston's radio channel! W00t! Its $15.00/year. Good deal for me. I live on the west coast and I'd rather have this than pay for the mlb package. Besides baseball is a radio sport. Always has been. TV rarely does it justice.

05-01-09 02:11 PM
    Ok cool i gotta check out moodio. I never heard of it.
    I would be looking for the yanks and rangers locally, but it would be cool to get other states games as well. thanks guys
    05-04-09 01:35 PM
    Moodio eats batteries for lunch, as the screen is "always on" rather than going dark while streaming (which iHeartRadio, Nobex, and FlyCast can do). I've been trying to find an alternative to Moodio myself.
    05-04-09 02:21 PM
    I listened to a station using Moodio for about an hour this morning and barely touched my battery, and I'm using a Storm. Moodio is great, happy to have found it recently!
    05-04-09 03:03 PM
    Moodio eats batteries for lunch, as the screen is "always on" rather than going dark while streaming (which iHeartRadio, Nobex, and FlyCast can do). I've been trying to find an alternative to Moodio myself.
    I've got moodio going now, my screen is blacked out, still getting audio
    05-04-09 03:18 PM
    mlb.com premium audio fails...it plays through the embedded media player for the web browser, not an app. and i got an error message the other night, missed two games so far and isn't looking good for sox yanks tonight. MLB C/S is worse than anyone i've ever dealt with.

i'm gonna try moodio.
    05-04-09 04:23 PM
    I've got moodio going now, my screen is blacked out, still getting audio
    Still, I have to agree, it does seem to eat battery

05-04-09 05:17 PM
    i pay the 14.99 a year for all mlb games streamed small price to pay for all the games all season.

Love it
    Worth it
    05-04-09 08:04 PM
    i just got the mlb.tv package, so far REALLY good video quality, and includes the gameday audio as well...so i'll get to watch in HD on my pc, or listen on my phone. btw i finally got the issue i had earlier resolved. only took 3 days!
    05-04-09 08:08 PM
    Wish I could listen to Team 1040 but there is only online streaming.
    05-04-09 08:16 PM
    I tried moodio and I like it however when I streamed both 660 and 880 when baseball games were on it didn't stream the game. It just streamed talk radio. Don't know why

05-04-09 11:19 PM
    if you go into the app world downlad nobex radio companion they had 660 but its only the talk part no games
    05-05-09 05:42 AM
    Yeah that is really almost pointless to me then lol
    I wanted AM radio mainly so I could hear sports games being broadcasted.. I wonder why they dont let you stream the broadcast.. weird..
    05-05-09 01:26 PM
    Yeah that is really almost pointless to me then lol
    I wanted AM radio mainly so I could hear sports games being broadcasted.. I wonder why they dont let you stream the broadcast.. weird..
    This is normal for any radio station. Because of copyright laws they're not allowed to broadcast sports through an online/internet source. It can only be broadcast over an OTA radio. Since moodio, or any other program for that matter is broadcasting it to your phone through the internet, you won't hear sports.

Either way, i've been looking for a something to hear 790 in south florida for a while and moodio is finally the one that works, great find
    05-05-09 01:34 PM
    I have a question dose moodio use your minutes or dose it work on your data plan
    05-05-09 02:03 PM
    This is normal for any radio station. Because of copyright laws they're not allowed to broadcast sports through an online/internet source. It can only be broadcast over an OTA radio. Since moodio, or any other program for that matter is broadcasting it to your phone through the internet, you won't hear sports.

Either way, i've been looking for a something to hear 790 in south florida for a while and moodio is finally the one that works, great find
    Oh I gotcha. Alright well thanks for the explanation.. Tho it sucks, atleast i wont wonder why any longer
    05-05-09 07:39 PM
    I have a question, does moodio use your minutes or does it work on your data plan?
    It uses your data plan
    05-05-09 07:45 PM
    I love moobio for streaming am640 and 680 news in toronto but i cannot pause the stream, then play it again cause it crashes my browser and the phone restarts. And lately whenever im listing and someone calls, naturally the calls comes through but once i hang up, the streaming should resume but instead the browser crashes once again and the phone restarts. It's really annoying and because of countless restarts, my battery ends up lasting for 2 hours.

Is there a way to not stream moobio through the browser cause obviously the browser is having major issues.

I've tries re-installing my Bolds OS but it keeps doing it regardless.

Thanx fellas
    05-17-09 02:09 AM
    I tried iHeart radio to tune into 1100 to hear the Indians games. Its weird because it worked for a few games, but lately its only been some comedy show during the games. I agree with the poster above that it probably has something to do with mlb blocking the games.

To the guy with the mlb package: does it work well for you now? Do you just go to the website on the phone, log-in and listen to it from there or is there more to it than that?
    05-17-09 10:22 AM
    Norbex rc - I have 660 -770- 1010
    05-17-09 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD