View Poll Results: Which typing mode do you prefer??

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Landscape/QWERTY.

7 14.89%
  • Portrait/SureType.

16 34.04%
  • I use both.

24 51.06%
    I could not wait to be able to type on my Storm using Landscape/QWERTY. However I found myself liking Portrait/SureType to the point I prefer it over QWERTY.

I just find the Storm awkward to hold and type on while using QWERTY. Speed-wise I can type almost just as fast.

Your thoughts??
    11-25-08 08:53 AM
    I hated it at first and was very frustrated.

NOW I love it!!! i can type 10 times faster!!!
    11-25-08 08:54 AM
    I really like SureType as well. I like having the choice though more than anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 08:56 AM
    I like typing in portrait, but I really haven't tried suretype. I couldn't stand it at first. But I'm going to give it a try. When in portrait I just use the multitap.
    11-25-08 08:58 AM
    I practiced with both last night for like an hour straight and found i am faster with he qwerty keyboard but more mistakes than the suretype. I do love the suretype as well.
    11-25-08 08:59 AM
    I like them both as well. I am faster on suretype but getting faster on qwerty

11-25-08 09:03 AM
    Right there with ya. SureType rules the one handed world.
    So much More accurate for me as well!

May go back to pearl though.

11-25-08 09:15 AM
    i love using the suretype method. seems more accurate for my fat fingers
    11-25-08 09:20 AM
    Anoter vote here for suretype! I thought I would hate it, but now I use it more than the landscape QWERTY.
    11-25-08 09:23 AM
    I hate sure type on my Pearl, but oddly enough I find I love it on the Storm. It's much easier to hit the big buttons, and it's easier to select the word you want when you can just tap it instead of having to use the scroll ball.
    11-25-08 09:26 AM
    I like the suretype for emails and general txting but when it comes to entering mixed letters and numbers or words that suretype doesn't recognize because of product labels then I switch to landscape. I wish they had more than just one button under the screen because the letters on the edges are a pain to get right for me. I can't imagine it would have been that hard to put more buttons under the screen so that it would register easier???
    11-25-08 09:34 AM
    Right there with ya. SureType rules the one handed world.
    So much More accurate for me as well!

May go back to pearl though.

I was really fast typing on my pearl in suretype...I'm getting faster at qwerty now...what I don't like about the sure type is editing...can be a pain in the rear

11-25-08 09:43 AM
    I find myself using sure-type a little more because the keys are bigger and I can do it one handed... but I love the qwerty option... missed that tremendously going from a Treo to a Pearl.
    11-25-08 11:31 AM
    I bought this thing for the qwerty but it is much easier to type via portrait. I guess the buttons are bigger.
    11-25-08 11:34 AM
    I love the landscape mode I don't make many mistakes, no more than I did on my curve. I can type just as fast too. I still don't have the editing down. I find myself deleting everything and starting over. Any tips or suggestions on editing. Thanks any help is appreciated.

11-25-08 11:38 AM
    The first day I typed only on the landscape mode but tried Sure Type and was typing more accurate on the it. But I have since switched back to landscape and have learned to type pretty fast with minimal errors. Will just take some getting use too.
    11-25-08 11:39 AM
    I prefer Suretype Hands Down.

I Just wish it was a bit more... predictive.

I only use landscape mode when I need custom words... Like Duck you
    11-25-08 11:42 AM
    I have a Pearl - hopefully my Storm comes today - but I love SureType. I hear others complaining about it, and it does take getting used to like trusting if you just keep typing the phone will figure out the word you want 95% of the time. However, I still have issues with words like 'are' and 'see'. And custom words or proper names.
    11-25-08 11:46 AM
    what does portrait mean?
    06-22-10 03:51 AM
    I prefer Suretype Hands Down.

I only use landscape mode when I need custom words... Like Duck you
    +1 Exactly

I just wish the spacebar was bitter in SureType. My number one typo is caused by missing the spacebar.

=X=
    06-22-10 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD