I've done everything listed in every thread. It always hangs up when it is "locating". It never locates. If I hit the menu button, it takes SEVERAL seconds before the menu pops up, but then I can exit. All my settings are as described in all the threads, but I still can't get this thing to run. Anybody else?
    01-05-09 05:52 PM
    Don't have that issue....have it freezing my phone up...no logo or anything....just freezes and wont release....guess I will just have to wait til it's compatible with a new update.
    01-05-09 05:54 PM
    I've done everything listed in every thread. It always hangs up when it is "locating". It never locates. If I hit the menu button, it takes SEVERAL seconds before the menu pops up, but then I can exit. All my settings are as described in all the threads, but I still can't get this thing to run. Anybody else?
    Turn off location based setting...that's what I did. It is much faster when you use your zip code.
    01-05-09 05:55 PM
    You have to manually locate by putting on your zip code.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 06:10 PM
    Open BB Maps and see if it can get a GPS fix.
    01-05-09 06:56 PM
    Mine freezes up also. Running .214

01-05-09 06:58 PM
    They told me it won't work if bbmaps is not installed. That's my case.

01-05-09 07:00 PM
    i'm able to be found by gps on my phone. I checked at work and it found my location and now at home.
    01-05-09 07:03 PM
    I've already uninstalled it for the 5th time, but I'll re-install and try that. Thanks
    01-05-09 07:38 PM
    Mine freezes up also. Running .214

Well, there's your problem...get .274
    01-05-09 07:45 PM
    How do I do this? I don't see it in the options anywhere.
    01-05-09 07:48 PM
    Be sure nothing else is trying to use your GPS, like BBMaps or VZnav or Garmin. For some reason if those apps are using your GPS, WeatherBug has trouble accessing it...
    01-05-09 09:28 PM
    How do I do this? I don't see it in the options anywhere.
    You don't have "Start GPS Navigation" in BB Maps? If not, just click on the little satellite icon in the lower left corner.
    01-06-09 09:25 AM
    You don't have "Start GPS Navigation" in BB Maps? If not, just click on the little satellite icon in the lower left corner.
    Or maybe you don't have your GPS activated.

Go to BB>Setup>Options>Advanced Options>GPS and set "GPS Services" to "Location On".
    01-06-09 09:37 AM
    I tried several times and couldn't get it to work. I ended up trying Weathereye and I'm liking it. It's not as slick looking but the icon gives you the current conditions and it works for me so I'm happy.
    01-06-09 09:52 AM
    Or maybe you don't have your GPS activated.

Go to BB>Setup>Options>Advanced Options>GPS and set "GPS Services" to "Location On".

This appears to have solved my problem. I didn't notice any change in Weatherbug but BB Maps was able to GPS locate me, so I assume i'm good.
    01-06-09 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD