or is there a MAJOR flaw with this phone?

I can't seem to find a way to delete all my text or emails or the call log at once. It seems to want me to click X then yes, then X then yes, then X then yes, 10,000 times.

I get 100 calls a day. I don't want to delete all of them one at a time, and I get 200 texts a day and there's no way in **** I'm going to jack with that.

Is there not a way to wipe a folder clean when you're done with the contents? Surely nobody in 2009 designs a phone that requires 200 clicks to delete 100 text messages, or even 20 clicks if the 200 texts are from 10 different people.

Help!!
    11-11-09 01:59 PM
    two ways:

one, is to use multi touch, basically use one finger to tap the first text message or call, and then tap any message on the screen with another finger, now you can select multiple messages or call's and delete them.

two, for text messages you can highlight the section separator (which is the part that shows the date for a list of messages) and click the bb button and click "delete prior"
    11-11-09 02:03 PM
    When you're in your SMS or email box just touch the top message with a finger, scroll down and touch the last one you want to delete, BB button, delete.
    Whoa calm down. All you have to do is place one finger on the message and hold it then scroll with the other finger. It will highlight them. Now you can delete

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Have you tried to use "Delete Prior" menu option? Select date, full menu - > "Delete Prior" ... Did it do what you wanted to?

George
    11-11-09 02:05 PM
    Sweeeeeettt.... Thanks everybody. Thank man for Blackberry, thank God for Crackberry.com.
    11-11-09 02:05 PM
    u can delete multiple emails at once by highlighting with 2 fingers, but I'm waiting for someone else with more knowledge to chime in on how to delete more than 1 screen's worth of emails at once.
    11-11-09 02:06 PM
    Where is the "delete prior" function gmichelson? Thanks.
    11-11-09 02:09 PM
    okay found it. I'm still stuck deleting one full screen at a time on the phone calls though. :-(
    11-11-09 02:10 PM
    For emails and texts, highlight the date in blue, then blackberry click, then scroll to "Delete Prior". That will wipe out everything for you.

I wiped out the phone log once, but can't figure out how I did it.
    11-11-09 02:24 PM
    Have you tried to use "Delete Prior" menu option? Select date, full menu - > "Delete Prior" ... Did it do what you wanted to?

George
    You can do that for your call log but when you do that and go directly back to your call log, all the calls are still there.
    11-11-09 02:51 PM
    You can also take the call log messages out of your messages folder so they arent there at all.
    11-11-09 04:27 PM
    You can also take the call log messages out of your messages folder so they arent there at all.
    care to explain to an ***** newbie how to do so?
    11-11-09 05:52 PM
    go to the phone app

go to the call log screen

choose options, call logging, choose "none"

save
    11-11-09 06:18 PM
    Sweeeeeettt.... Thanks everybody. Thank man for Blackberry, thank God for Crackberry.com.
    amen!

10char
    11-11-09 07:39 PM
    okay found it. I'm still stuck deleting one full screen at a time on the phone calls though. :-(
    Once you click multiple messages with multi-touch, you can just "flick scroll" to keep selecting more messages.
    11-11-09 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD