hey guys,

have you noticed while using your keyboard in full qwerty landscape mode that the letters on the screen can appear in a larger font than other letters on the screen!

very frustrating. I thought i was going crazy but I showed my phone to several people and they all agreed with me that the letters on the keyboard were suddenly all different sizes.

this happens on my storm several times a day, and I never bothered complaining about it, but while on the phone w/ vzw tech support i told the guy about this, and he basically wanted to tell me that i was going crazy and the letters are all the same size.

so whats it like on your phone?
    01-12-09 09:28 PM
    No your not going crazy cause I've have noticed it too. Doesn't bother me in the least bit though. I'll have to wait and see if .86 resolves the problem.
    01-12-09 09:33 PM
    Just do a battery pull and it will fix it I read it on here

(leave the battery pulled out for 30 secs, than put it back in and turn the phone on)
    01-12-09 09:42 PM
    Yup...read it on here also...a battery pull fixed mine too!
    01-12-09 09:43 PM
    funny this post came out today. I never noticed it on my phone until this afternoon. I thought either I am just seeing things, or it must have always been that way and I never noticed. So thanks for confirming what I thought I was seeing.
    01-12-09 09:45 PM
    funny this post came out today. I never noticed it on my phone until this afternoon. I thought either I am just seeing things, or it must have always been that way and I never noticed. So thanks for confirming what I thought I was seeing.
    ya im actually on my second storm now (and my second one is brand new keep in mind)

and my old one did it too. but my old storm has the unofficial version of .75 on it so any problem i had with that storm i blamed on the unofficial OS

i say we start a poll on this and get a ton of people to agree and than show the poll to VZW tech support and say "explain how all these people say it happens on their phone".
    01-12-09 09:48 PM
    mine does it too
    01-12-09 09:49 PM
    Haha me too! Not just you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 09:50 PM
    I've had two and both have had the different letter sizes. I think I see it with both keyboards too.

Well at least I know I'm not going crazy.

01-12-09 09:53 PM
    I noticed this....it seems the letters alternate between normal and bold.
    01-12-09 10:06 PM
    me too. nothing like that YET in .86 but it used to happen in .85 a few times..
    01-12-09 10:10 PM
    I haven't seen that but what I do see is my font size changes. I'll be reading pages on the web browser in landscape mode and I take a break and the process I turn my phone to portrait mode and now when I go back to read in landscape again the text size is now larger.

01-12-09 10:35 PM
    well atleast im not going crazy!

this is a such an "i told you so" thread to VZW national tech support

the funny thing is,

A. VZW is completely unaware of this
    B. VZW is certain that the "keyboard letter sizes are one font"
    C. it seems like everyones does it which almost makes you want to think that the storm is suppose to do it for some weird feature, but its not! and its irritating!
    01-13-09 07:24 PM
    hey guys,

have you noticed while using your keyboard in full qwerty landscape mode that the letters on the screen can appear in a larger font than other letters on the screen!

very frustrating. I thought i was going crazy but I showed my phone to several people and they all agreed with me that the letters on the keyboard were suddenly all different sizes.

this happens on my storm several times a day, and I never bothered complaining about it, but while on the phone w/ vzw tech support i told the guy about this, and he basically wanted to tell me that i was going crazy and the letters are all the same size.

so whats it like on your phone?
    mine does it too. Who gives a **** if some are bigger.

01-13-09 07:29 PM
    I have the same issue, although it doesn't bother me too much.
    01-13-09 07:43 PM
    I haven't seen the issue. how odd!
    01-13-09 07:57 PM
    I've noticed that too...I actually assumed that it happened b/c those were the keys I was missing or something...kind of like a feedback system...but I guess I over-estimated the RIM thought processes.
    01-13-09 09:22 PM
    Yeah it happens to me all the time. Battery pull should work

01-13-09 09:28 PM
    This has been happening to me as well.

Also, tonight my messages have an extra "enter" space between messages. Anyone know what happened?
    01-13-09 09:33 PM
    I see this alot when im trying to unlock the phone.
    01-13-09 09:51 PM
    I've noticed that too...I actually assumed that it happened b/c those were the keys I was missing or something...kind of like a feedback system...but I guess I over-estimated the RIM thought processes.
    hmm thats interesting. as a feedback system to mean kind of similar to when you use a GPS and when your inputing an address as you input letters some letters become blank because theyre are no towns..

that would be cool, but unfortunately,

IT DOESNT DO THAT!
    01-14-09 12:11 PM
    I find a battery pull is not necessary to temporarily fix. When in landscape mode and some letters appear larger than others, if I show the number keyboard (!?123) and then go right back to ABC: the key sizes will be the same again.

Not a permanent fix; can still go back to mismatched key sizes after performing other operations. Weird that it changes letters too...it usually is the top row (QWERTY...) as well as a few other characters, but i've seen other combos too.
    Last edited by keeena; 02-06-09 at 01:41 PM.
    02-06-09 01:38 PM
    same thing happens to me...we should try to get blackberry to fix it in their next software upgrade...anyone know how we could do that?
    03-05-09 08:19 PM
    No they probably have fixed it in one of those newer betas.

03-05-09 08:46 PM
    no. i have .109 and it still does it from time to time. but .75 was the worst for me. it would even happen in suretype in portrait alot of times for some reasone
    03-05-09 08:52 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD