Hey Guys,

I just got my storm tonight and I have only 1 question so far. BTW, thanks to everyone who has been putting info on the site I think that is why I only have one question.
    So here goes, when I send an email from my gmail account on my PC to a friend or something, for some reason it sends a copy to my BB too. Did I miss a setting?

Thanks for the help
    Last edited by tmperez; 12-22-08 at 09:54 PM.
    12-22-08 09:49 PM
    Gmail automatically creates a copy of your sent messages so it shows up as a separate email on your phone.

Search "gmail setup" for directions on how to fix it on the Blackberry Internet Server.
    12-22-08 09:58 PM
    This only happens when you have Gmail set up in BIS using the default POP. If you want to stay with POP, then create a filter in BIS that blocks you from getting a copy. If you change to IMAP, then you won't have this problem.
    12-22-08 10:02 PM
    This is a setting in the Blackberry Internet Server. I think BIS is worth using - it automatically keeps your inbox up to date and you can set it to multiple accounts if you have them (e.g. I feed gmail and yahoo to my message center, but use gmail as my default for sending). To stop getting copies of your sent mail you have to access your BIS account to set a filter that blocks messages when the from is your address (i.e. if from= youraddress@gmail.com -- don't copy).

I went to the BIS site (BlackBerry Internet Service for Verizon) and tried to setup an account only to find that Verizon had already done so. They didn't tell me how to access it so I called technical support. They reset my username and password after which I was able to logon and set the filter - voila, no more copies from myself. I also noticed that, even though my mail was working, BIS showed my two accounts as not verified. I clicked on the verified button and entered my email account passwords and the accounts switched to verified. Not sure what this does but others have mentioned being pestered for their passwords -- verified may have something to do with that. There is a thread here somewhere that has more details on this including a list of BIS addresses for various providers.
    12-23-08 07:39 AM
    Look at this thread in the How-To forum--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/gmai...lackberry-853/
    12-23-08 07:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD