Okay, before you guys answer with a resounding yes, just hear me out.

I searched a bunch of gps threads, but couldn't really find what I was looking for.

Anyone having problems searching for pretty big locations?

For example, the other day I needed to take my friend to JFK international airport in NY. I've been there multiple times, but I figured it would be fun to try out the storm.

This is what I did:
    1. Enabled gps, to set present location
    2. Pressed Get directions
    3. Start location - used Where I am
    3. End Location - selected Enter address
    Now this is where it gets weird.
    4. I tried JFK airport, JFK airport NY, JFK international airport NY, I spelled it all out. I used every combo possible but it still came up as "Location not Found"

What irritates me even more is that my gf just got an iphone and she can do it through google maps in 2 seconds. arrghhghgh.

What am i doing wrong?

Oh, and I've also tried Laguardia without any success, however, Newark actually worked. I don't even use the gps very often, but it's the small things like this that make me want to throw my storm out the window and convert to the darkside...the iphone...noooooooooooooo.

So I hope I'm just being an *****, and there's a really easy way to go about searching. (I've tried the search function too)
    01-05-09 11:53 AM
    I've had a similar experience where it could not find the address I was looking for. When I did the "where am I" I did get a map that was about 40 years out of date. (No, I'm not kidding, I was getting street names that used to belong to an Army post that existed where there is now a residential development...)
    01-05-09 12:00 PM
    I've had similar problems too. Yesterday I searched for "Clerk of Court" because I had to go pay a ticket and this is what came back:

Chamber of Commerce
    Planned Parenthood
    Oviedo City Police Investigation
    Reiss Environmental Inc
    Thomas J Pilacek & Associates
    Holiday Inn Select

Also, I thought BB Maps did turn by turn (though not audibly). My maps track where I've been and where I currently am, but is there a setting that will show me on the map screen "Turn at SR 415?" for example?
    01-17-09 03:01 PM
    try google maps
    01-17-09 05:14 PM
    Yep, Google Maps is your friend. Works very well.

Type in I need an icecream and I need it now and it might still up with some help. No joke.
    01-17-09 07:02 PM
    BB Maps is stupid when looking up addresses ... I remember I tried Bw3 and got nothing lol.
    01-17-09 07:32 PM
    Wow, this thread came back from the dead. Well for all those that care, I started using the live search and it works quite well. Is google maps configured for the storm yet? I thought google maps didn't work well try with our phones.......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 08:09 PM
    Okay, before you guys answer with a resounding yes, just hear me out.

I searched a bunch of gps threads, but couldn't really find what I was looking for.

Anyone having problems searching for pretty big locations?

For example, the other day I needed to take my friend to JFK international airport in NY. I've been there multiple times, but I figured it would be fun to try out the storm.

This is what I did:
    1. Enabled gps, to set present location
    2. Pressed Get directions
    3. Start location - used Where I am
    3. End Location - selected Enter address
    Now this is where it gets weird.
    4. I tried JFK airport, JFK airport NY, JFK international airport NY, I spelled it all out. I used every combo possible but it still came up as "Location not Found"

What irritates me even more is that my gf just got an iphone and she can do it through google maps in 2 seconds. arrghhghgh.

What am i doing wrong?

Oh, and I've also tried Laguardia without any success, however, Newark actually worked. I don't even use the gps very often, but it's the small things like this that make me want to throw my storm out the window and convert to the darkside...the iphone...noooooooooooooo.

So I hope I'm just being an *****, and there's a really easy way to go about searching. (I've tried the search function too)
    Okay, I must be ******** because I didn't even know there was GPS feature for the map. How do i enable it?
    01-18-09 12:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD