... So?? Fess up. I will be there with a friend.

Only thing that worries me is the line in the fine print that says limit to one entry per day per mtn.

So how are you supposed to be the first to enter 5 or 10 codes?!!!! Are you supposed to wait each day?!

I think i am gunna try for the full 45....

Hey... at least it's not another wifi or lag post.....
    11-05-08 11:18 AM
    no storm hunt in Oregon???
    11-05-08 12:19 PM
    i know it sucks i live in washington and there isnt one here either .... depressing ! lol .. where in oregon do you live?
    11-05-08 12:50 PM
    I live in the city with a car, so i am thinkin as soon as that map posts (hopefully 12:01am) I will hit the streets and drive to them with little traffic at 1am.
    11-05-08 01:05 PM
    i know it sucks i live in washington and there isnt one here either .... depressing ! lol .. where in oregon do you live?
    Portland
    11-05-08 01:35 PM
    lol nice i wish i wasnt on the west coast or i would be driving around as well lol.
    11-05-08 01:40 PM
    I live in the city with a car, so i am thinkin as soon as that map posts (hopefully 12:01am) I will hit the streets and drive to them with little traffic at 1am.

I was thinking that too. But one thing, you can only send in one per day.

Says so right in the fine print... that is S@#(Y... so maybe i will be taking a more laid back approach and wake up and go in.

I don't know yet.
    11-05-08 01:57 PM
    One per day, per Clue word. Meaning if i go to a spot....say Times Sq, and i enter the codeword in, i cannot enter the "same" codeword again that day. you then have to venture off to another location, say Flatiron and enter that codeword and have to move on to the next spot and so on and so on.......Get it?
    11-05-08 04:55 PM
    I'm doing the same thing. Jumping in my car and drinvin to them. Interesting note though:

I called VZW cs and asked for some info about the hunt. The girl I talked to explained that there would be manned kiosks with codes. The codes wouldn't change per day, and the kiosk location would not change per day either. Therefore, once you get all 45 codes, just text them all in each day!
    11-05-08 07:21 PM
    Yeah, but that means that there will only be people at the spots during "work hours." Not good for us.. I kinda hoped that it would be a simple stand/poster with the info on it.
    11-05-08 10:03 PM
    Where do you see you can enter different keywords all in one day? It doesn't read that way in the fine print. Also what would be the point to send in the same keyword more than once a day?

Also note the part I've copy and pasted here:

"Further, the first twenty (20) participants who enter at least ten (10) different *keywords obtained from a VZW Kiosk, regardless of method of entry, during the Sweepstakes Period will receive, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, two (2) complimentary tickets to either: (a) the *PEOPLE� 2008 Sexiest Man Alive Issue Celebration Party; or (b) the Sports Illustrated� 2008 Sportsman of the Year Award Celebration in New York, New York (dates for both events to be determined at a later date). *Approximate value of each ticket pair: $598."

Notice how it says that the first (20) who text in at least 10 keywords. If you can text in more than 1 a day and there's 45 keywords then wouldn't 10 keywords be way too easy? The contest only runs for 10 days. So I'm thinking that you can only enter 1 a day.
    Last edited by ushneb; 11-05-08 at 11:30 PM.
    11-05-08 11:24 PM
    FYI-Macy's on 34th St. The word is "hot". Saw the poster today.
    11-05-08 11:42 PM
    Screw it. We are on our way into the city, alreay got all the locations. We shall see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-08 11:55 PM
    Yeah. Im here and visiting the locations and there is only a sticker on the door. No keyword. I assume we have to wait until "store hours" and ask the store employees for the Keyword. DAMN!!!
    11-06-08 12:01 AM
    Really??? No one anywhere?

11-06-08 12:03 AM

It says you have to be 21 years old, but if you go to "official rules" it says 18 years old and older. Which one is right?
    11-06-08 12:04 AM
    Ok... Sooo there really are only pictures.

I will post one in when I gett back.

11-06-08 12:38 AM
    Oh, there have been people. My first spot (12:15am), 3 people were there trying to find the "keyword". slightly embarrassing. hahaha. Crackberry addicts.

On a side note; you CAN enter more then one entry a day.... just has to be different "keywords" each time. Meaning.....if you go to spot #1 and retrieve the "keyword" you can enter it, but only once each day. So in order to enter another entry, you have to go to spot #2 or #3, or #15..... each spot is a different keyword.

Saying its easy to be the first 20 to find and text in 10 different keywords is crazy. You obviously do not live in NYC. That�s going to be quite the feat.
    11-06-08 12:57 AM
    so are the keywords only available during store hours?
    11-06-08 12:58 AM
    @Redman12

if you read it says 18+ to play, but you need to be at least 21+ to enjoy the Peoples Sexy Man, or Sportsman of the Year Party. I assume it might have something to do with "adult beverages" at the party.
    11-06-08 01:02 AM
    Just found mostly all the locations throughout the city. Am junping on my bike @ 9AM tomorrow. Agreed, only stickers on the doors/windows. look like little storms.
    11-06-08 01:13 AM
    Here they are...

And the one store had a display of a storm sitting within view...

fwiw...
    11-06-08 01:47 AM
    FYI-Macy's on 34th St. The word is "hot". Saw the poster today.
    tried it online and "hot" is wrong.
    11-06-08 05:31 AM
    anyone wanna buddy up? PM me...im in the city...

11-06-08 09:26 AM
    I'm in the city too. Just so eveyone knows.. They take your name and number down. You can't enter and win without hunting.

11-06-08 09:29 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD