ok ive had .109 installed for the better part of 2 weeks now. dont know where alot of you are getting your problems from but .109 has been great.again havent seen anything that anyone has written about on my phone other than the memory draining over a period of a few days.usally when i quickpull or do a batt pull my memory is at around 45 MB. after a few days it dips into the 20's. now if i was having a performance problem then ok its a big deal,im not phone works great. fast, responsive no lag, types well. i mean more i read these forums the more it makes me wonder if most of the problems are user orientated just based on everyone trying to supercharge their phone. im a gadget freak too,when i buy something i wanna break it down and build it back bigger stronger and faster but i know when it screws up its generally my fault. to hear alot of whats written seems like everyone is pushing the blame on one thing or another instead of accepting their own faults.im not saying there isnt probs with the phone ,im sure theres tons of quirks but for the most part alot sounds self induced. IMHO.
    03-06-09 10:55 AM
    I've been running .109 since it came out and I wasn't having any problems until i started installing a bunch of third-party apps. From my experience with these Beta's is that the more third party apps you put on the more problems it has. Just my two cents.

I would go with what was said before, try a wipe and reinstall.
    03-06-09 11:01 AM
    After upgrading to .109 the night it was leaked i twas in heaven. everything just worked and not even one battery pull or restart till today. but that is when everything went to ****!!!! uncaught.exception errors when i reboot, memory leaks, speed dials sometimes decides not to work, etc. after going 12.5 days with NO battery pulls or restarts the fun ended. today i have restarted 5 times. this sucks

someone finally please leak another update so i can be happy again!
    ddarvish - This has to be a recent app install or a theme. I noticed problems with .109 and quickpull, WSJ online & the Storm Black theme. I removed all these new apps, did a bat pull & by BB is back to fast as ****. Memory is also steadily above 30mg and around 40+ mg after a battery pull.

Be carefull of random themes. You don't know what's in the background & 'some' seem to be very slugish.

I have the Appleberry8 today and BB Pro Blue and they are awesome. Very fast!
    03-06-09 11:09 AM
    As new to the BB system and specifically, new to storm. I downloaded .109 last week. No probs so far. My memory hangs right around 42MB. However, I don't have any third pry apps. I just use as telephone and e-mail. From my limited view.109 was a vast improvement.
    03-06-09 11:49 AM
    236 hrs 31 minutes, 4.05 Mb free. No issues. Free memory is not a performance metric.
    03-06-09 12:26 PM
    I was having the little black clock issue every so often and it was very disappointing. Yesterday i did the .109 hybrid fix to get the larger keyboard from .90 and it has been very smooth so far. I know its been less hen 24 hours but Im really enjoying so far.

As far as the leaks drying up...We have heard that before.
    Hopefully we will have a good weekend....The novelty of loading a new OS will never ware off. Ive even wiped my phone and reloaded .109 a few times just for s/giiggles
    03-06-09 12:44 PM
    I was having the little black clock issue every so often and it was very disappointing. Yesterday i did the .109 hybrid fix to get the larger keyboard from .90 and it has been very smooth so far. I know its been less hen 24 hours but Im really enjoying so far.

As far as the leaks drying up...We have heard that before.
    Hopefully we will have a good weekend....The novelty of loading a new OS will never ware off. Ive even wiped my phone and reloaded .109 a few times just for s/giiggles
    Get ready. I did this update last Sunday. Things were great until about Thursday. Last night I was trying to make a call and each number I pressed the tone played until I pushed the next number / tone until I hit the green send button. This morning I plugged in my blackberry earphones and the phone rebooted. I may have to put .75 back on it very soon. I hate to but I am on call for work and have to get my pages. I am fearful that I may not be receiving everything as I should be.
    03-06-09 12:49 PM
    i am too lazy to do a wipe right now. i can live with the phone the way it is for now...it would suck to wipe and reinstall just to have a leak come out and do it all over again.. lol
    03-06-09 12:57 PM
    Get ready. I did this update last Sunday. Things were great until about Thursday. Last night I was trying to make a call and each number I pressed the tone played until I pushed the next number / tone until I hit the green send button. This morning I plugged in my blackberry earphones and the phone rebooted. I may have to put .75 back on it very soon. I hate to but I am on call for work and have to get my pages. I am fearful that I may not be receiving everything as I should be.
    Yeah I had the same problem this morning when I plugged in my head phones. I left them plugged in, after my device came back up, it worked just fine. I just hope this reboot problem doesnt happen EVERY time I plug them in.
    03-06-09 12:59 PM
    I have been running .109 for a while, I am having issues, but just don't have desire to downgrade, in hopes of a new leak soon

.109 usually is great at first, then little things start coming out....
    for me are:
    *random reboots
    *bad memory leak (phone is really slow)
    *phone is slow in general
    *freezes occasionally

So far, I am living with these, because I know there is greener pasture down the road....
    03-06-09 01:00 PM
    ok ive had .109 installed for the better part of 2 weeks now. dont know where alot of you are getting your problems from but .109 has been great.again havent seen anything that anyone has written about on my phone other than the memory draining over a period of a few days.usally when i quickpull or do a batt pull my memory is at around 45 MB. after a few days it dips into the 20's. now if i was having a performance problem then ok its a big deal,im not phone works great. fast, responsive no lag, types well. i mean more i read these forums the more it makes me wonder if most of the problems are user orientated just based on everyone trying to supercharge their phone. im a gadget freak too,when i buy something i wanna break it down and build it back bigger stronger and faster but i know when it screws up its generally my fault. to hear alot of whats written seems like everyone is pushing the blame on one thing or another instead of accepting their own faults.im not saying there isnt probs with the phone ,im sure theres tons of quirks but for the most part alot sounds self induced. IMHO.

I'm with you, Storm. I've read thru these posts and it just amazes me how many problems there are out there. Problems with phones crashing, missing apps, and the list goes on and on.

I was beginning to wonder if I got the only decent device out there, since I wasn't experiencing half the problems that others were reporting.

My guess is that there are some 3rd party programs that don't work well with some others, which, seeing as we're working with betas, isn't really surprising.

I have several apps running - some paid, some free - as well as the Appleberry theme. I generally have to charge my phone every nite, but that's not too far from normal, considering my usage. I've only had one freeze-up that required a battery pull since installing .109.

Maybe I'm just lucky !!??
    03-06-09 01:01 PM
    i do a battery pull every night even when my memory usage is good. i have had .109 since it came out and have noticed that my memory gos up now during the day. it use to stay at around 35 now it stays around 42 and gos up somnetimes throughout the day. still loving .109. only problem i have that is realy annoying is setting a custom ring tone to a message alert and when you get the message it freezes for a bit and you have to click on it 4 or more times to get the tone to stop playing. hope this is fixed in the next leak... with regular tones that came with the phone this problem doesnt happen.
    03-06-09 01:14 PM
    .109 since it leaked and no issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 01:17 PM
    So how's using the phone as it was meant to be used (email,text,phone calls, and my crackberry fix) cause "self induced problems. C'mon man we all know that since the beginning the OS's have worked great for some and its hit or kiss with others, .109 was great until yesterday night, I'm just wondering how it was all good til last night and now its starting to lag.

PS I also thought I jad a battery lose issue with109 but turns out its that I sign on to her looking for another GD leak or something.

03-06-09 02:10 PM
    My experience with .109 is the opposite as far as memory leaks. The first couple weeks I would start around 40 and rapidly drop into the twenties then to the teens and below. Just over the past few days though its been sitting in the mid to low thirties. No changes in Themes or apps.

Same here, the ride has only gotten better for me with .109. Only problem I had was the MMS problem, fixed it with the .86 file though, and now I'm good to go.
    03-06-09 02:19 PM
    I noticed that the restart with plugging in the headphones only happened when i had a BBM message don't know if thats the case for you guys but just my .02
    03-06-09 02:35 PM
    yep same thing happened here. im back at .75
    03-06-09 04:06 PM
    I get that same error occasionally from Appleberry8

Im still to chicken to upgrade, sitting on .78 waiting for an official release....
    Appleberry does that to mine too... its a shame. great looking, but its like a virus. I do a battery pull first thing in the morning as a preventative maint kind of thing anyway.
    03-06-09 05:16 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD