After upgrading to .109 the night it was leaked i twas in heaven. everything just worked and not even one battery pull or restart till today. but that is when everything went to ****!!!! uncaught.exception errors when i reboot, memory leaks, speed dials sometimes decides not to work, etc. after going 12.5 days with NO battery pulls or restarts the fun ended. today i have restarted 5 times. this sucks

someone finally please leak another update so i can be happy again!
    03-06-09 01:51 AM
    After upgrading to .109 the night it was leaked i twas in heaven. everything just worked and not even one battery pull or restart till today. but that is when everything went to ****!!!! uncaught.exception errors when i reboot, memory leaks, speed dials sometimes decides not to work, etc. after going 12.5 days with NO battery pulls or restarts the fun ended. today i have restarted 5 times. this sucks

someone finally please leak another update so i can be happy again!
    u said what i said just nice lol
    03-06-09 02:15 AM
    Agreed.....
    03-06-09 02:34 AM
    Yep, it's been headed downhill for me too. Not as bad as yours though...WOW!
    03-06-09 03:44 AM
    did you install any new apps? i would think this is being caused by a new app that runs in the background.
    03-06-09 04:32 AM
    I get that same error occasionally from Appleberry8

Im still to chicken to upgrade, sitting on .78 waiting for an official release....
    03-06-09 04:41 AM
    There will be no leak. The leaks have dried up. I'm sorry to say. I don't mean to make anyone upset. No use in hoping for a leak. Its not going to happen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 04:48 AM
    There's always more than one avenue for a leak. Hold tight everyone, I'm sure our knight to the rescue won't be far off ..... Lol.
    03-06-09 04:58 AM
    There will be no leak. The leaks have dried up. I'm sorry to say. I don't mean to make anyone upset. No use in hoping for a leak. Its not going to happen.

and you know this because... o thats right you don't. unless your the source of the leak thats decided to stop I would say just sit tight
    03-06-09 07:31 AM
    I was informed by Verizon yesturday afternoon, that the leaked versions do not contain all the fixes and new upgrades. I was going to go ahead and upgrade until I started having problems with voice dialing freezing up while connected to BT. This fix is apparently not in the leaked version, so I am in no hurry and will wait for the release.
    03-06-09 07:59 AM
    I was informed by Verizon yesturday afternoon, that the leaked versions do not contain all the fixes and new upgrades. I was going to go ahead and upgrade until I started having problems with voice dialing freezing up while connected to BT. This fix is apparently not in the leaked version, so I am in no hurry and will wait for the release.
    verizon reps know less then you. I wouldn't take what they say as fact or even rumor
    03-06-09 08:03 AM
    Memory Leaks for the win. On restart I have 40. 2 hours, 23. *prays for new leak*
    03-06-09 08:08 AM
    Yes, after about 2 days this OS has been nothing but a down hill slide. I have restarted my phone about 4 times today already. There will be more leaks, just be patient. Or hopefully an official would be nice. And Verizon reps no nothing.
    03-06-09 08:10 AM
    My experience with .109 is the opposite as far as memory leaks. The first couple weeks I would start around 40 and rapidly drop into the twenties then to the teens and below. Just over the past few days though its been sitting in the mid to low thirties. No changes in Themes or apps.

Last edited by jelp2; 03-06-09 at 08:20 AM.
    03-06-09 08:17 AM
    Memory leak became my big problem as well. Phone performed fine for about a week, but then, when the memory drop finally reached zero and nothing would work, forcing me to pull the battery, things suddenly changed. Now my memory drops to zero every day, after about 20-24 hours. Performance is generally OK until the memory gets close to zero. But when it does, not even QuickPull works. And I hate rebooting and having my music disappear from the library indexing.
    03-06-09 08:33 AM
    So, those of you having problems, what 3rd party Apps and/or themes have you installed in the last 1 - 2 weeks?

03-06-09 08:38 AM
    I've had this update since it came out, but now I'm experiencing all of the issues that everyone has listed. Typing has really become a problem. The keyboard freezes, cant capitalize letters, sentences are being entered before I complete the actual sentence. It really gotten worse in the last 3 days. Obviously, I don't mind too much. Thats what happens with leaked versions. I've been pretty luck with most of my leaked updates. Unfortunately this one is getting under my skin.

I'm confident that an update will be coming soon. Our "Leakers have been pretty good to us since the release of the Storm.

Piece!!

palladino72
    03-06-09 08:42 AM
    I have not installed any new application since I have .109. The ones I had already were Weatherbug, Poynt, Google Maps, ScreenLock, WSJ, QuickPull and Google Sync (which I use to sync manually, not automatically).
    03-06-09 08:52 AM
    verizon reps know less then you. I wouldn't take what they say as fact or even rumor
    I see your point, however at this time, they know more than I do But, like I said, I'm in no hurry to upgrade now. It come out next week anyway. This is my first BB so I'm still a grasshopper
    03-06-09 09:05 AM
    I never took notice of memory leakage because I tend to do a battery pull once a day. But I havent for the past few days and...

My current uptime is 170142 seconds (47.3 hours) and my File Free is at 9.5 mb

HORRIBLE. I think it should be no less then 14-15 mb
    03-06-09 09:10 AM
    Damn I thought I would start a thread on this and its already here. I guess I should be happy I'm not the only one. I thought I was just my phone, I was ready to wipe and re install, crap now what. Iy doesn't took like there's going to be a leak anytime soon. I'm just wondering why did it take so long to start acting up. Weird.

Ps as I'm typing the blue highlight has completely disappeared from the keyboard noy been lagging just gone.

03-06-09 09:17 AM
    I was running 109 with no problems until a couple days ago, when it froze on me and I had to do a physical battery pull 3 or 4 times in one day. But yesterday it was fine and it's been fine today too. I guess it was just having a bad day, lol.
    03-06-09 09:33 AM
    Damn I thought I would start a thread on this and its already here. I guess I should be happy I'm not the only one. I thought I was just my phone, I was ready to wipe and re install, crap now what. Iy doesn't took like there's going to be a leak anytime soon. I'm just wondering why did it take so long to start acting up. Weird.

Ps as I'm typing the blue highlight has completely disappeared from the keyboard noy been lagging just gone.

Go with your first instinct: wipe and reinstall.

I've been running .109 for a bit. Have gone 8 days 4 hrs and 14 min without a battery pull / soft reset / random reset. I normally run my phone 36+ hrs without a charge listening to music, phone calls, web surfing, facebook, aim, myspace, where, google maps and the usual gamut of txt / 4 email boxes.

The OS is stable. Something on your phone changed to make it unstable. Not necessarily a new app. But data is being written and erased on the phone constantly.
    03-06-09 09:48 AM
    I use QuickPull on my Storm and schedule it to run at 3 am everyday. It has close to the same effect as doing a battery pull. So if your memory drains during the day, it will reset at night automatically with QuickPull. Just a suggestion.
    03-06-09 10:24 AM
    Has anyone tried reloading their 109 in hopes of 2 more weeks of freedom.

03-06-09 10:30 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD