07-01-10 01:48 PM
58 123
  1. bmwmpower's Avatar
    I'm assuming with Apple's launch of the all new 4G iPhone, BB will follow suit with a Storm 3. Are you guys going to wait for the Storm 3, or just get a Storm 2? My GF has a Storm 1 and is wondering the same thing too.
    04-20-10 05:56 PM
  2. _X_'s Avatar
    I've been planning to upgrade to the storm 2 as soon as the price drops considerably. And it has recently but during my wait the DROID phones have just become absolutly mouth watering.

    The more I play with my wive's DROID Eris the more I like the Droid.

    At this point i'm seriously thinking of defecting to the droid.

    Since I have no clue what the Storm 3 has to offer, or even if there is one in the works I don't think it's worth the wait

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-10 06:29 PM
  3. sgtmilstack's Avatar
    I'm waiting for the S3 (but Droid has gotten my attention, so...). The S3 will be more worthy of an upgrade, imo.
    04-20-10 06:44 PM
  4. yogi's Avatar
    I am waiting for Storm 3.
    04-21-10 06:10 AM
  5. icesteve's Avatar
    Storm 3 or android, I wanna test out 6.0 before I go for android though.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 06:42 AM
  6. CherryFairy's Avatar
    I'm not sure what I wanna do yet I think prolly the droid

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 10:32 AM
  7. rltilley's Avatar
    I'm waiting on the S3. The S2 doesn't have enough different that makes me really need to have it. The S3 should be a real upgrade so I'm holding out. I'm elegible for an upgrade now so let's go RIM!
    04-21-10 10:49 AM
  8. BBerry2ADroid's Avatar
    I am thinking S3, 6.0 is intriguing. I have the S1 and have had no issues to date so no need other than the tech-geek in me needing a new toy. Speaking of toys, droids are cool, but are toys.
    04-21-10 11:11 AM
  9. jtstorm's Avatar
    I would like to see what the s3 and the 6.0 os has to offer. I would also like to see if there will be sure press or something similar. I like the sure press and have gotten use to it.

    I wonder what are the possibilities of the s3 running on the 4g vzw network that is suppose to be in alot of the major cities by the end of this year? About the same time we would probably see the s3 That would be awsome. That along with flash.
    That may be a nice device.
    04-21-10 11:46 AM
  10. laker_hockey's Avatar
    As of today I am thinking about the Droid Incredible, have to say that I have been thinking about upgrading since I had the Storm for about 3 months though.
    04-21-10 11:57 AM
  11. rltilley's Avatar
    I wonder what are the possibilities of the s3 running on the 4g vzw network that is suppose to be in alot of the major cities by the end of this year? About the same time we would probably see the s3 That would be awsome. That along with flash.
    That may be a nice device.
    According to this:

    Hands on/initial impression of Storm 3

    the S3 will be 4G ready & also have Flash.
    04-21-10 12:05 PM
  12. DUKDIKz's Avatar
    i keeping ma S1 until they com out with sumth new next yr
    04-21-10 12:20 PM
  13. Mister Xiado's Avatar
    There is no "iPhone 4G", just the 4th generation iPhone (now with features Nokia phones had six years ago, I guess). Propagating misinformation is a sin.

    On topic, I'll buy a Storm 2 if and when the opportunity arises. I only got the current Storm to determine if it would work WELL on AT&T. It does, but you have to come to these forums to perform the procedure, so this information cannot be relayed to people calling AT&T for support with them.
    04-21-10 12:39 PM
  14. kb5zht's Avatar
    Storm 3 here, but subject to change. I was about to jump to s2 until I read some of the specs of the s3.... And figured I was better off waiting.

    I will first see what is announced at WES 2010; if nothing regarding s3 is announced then I will get the s2.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 01:29 PM
  15. snork's Avatar
    By now, there is no point in upgrading to the Storm2. It's a pretty wimpy upgrade to the 9530. With so many other more capable devices, unless your requirements are that your phone must be RIM, must be a touchscreen, must have Wi-Fi and you need it ASAP.. there is no point in getting the Storm2.

    Then again, that's just my 2cents.
    04-21-10 01:47 PM
  16. tech_head's Avatar

    As someone who owned a S1 and now S2.
    It is a big upgrade.
    1. Double the memory
    2. 3D Games not available on S1.
    3. Wifi
    4. A screen that really locks
    04-21-10 04:01 PM
  17. srvac's Avatar
    I am waiting to see what develops with the Incredible, iPhone (maybe on VZW), and the S3. I'm eligible to upgrade (NE2) in two weeks, so I've been watching the S2's on Craigslist and here and may bite if I see one around $200. If not, I'll hold onto my S1 until I see the new devices this summer.
    04-21-10 05:09 PM
  18. haris163's Avatar
    I am going to wait for S3. If about a month after its release there are no major complains/bugs and compares favorably to whatever else is in the market, I will probably get it. The Storm series is a great idea, however, they need to get their OS in order.
    04-21-10 08:10 PM
  19. BigJav209's Avatar
    Storm 3 all the way...
    04-22-10 06:16 PM
  20. Jacks Dad's Avatar
    Storm 3 all the way...
    AMEN! Can't wait!

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-10 06:43 PM
  21. noodle15's Avatar
    I have went from the S1 to the S2 to the tour and back to the S1, I am wondering how good the S3 will really be? Will verizon even get this device? I am thinking of going back to the S2.
    04-22-10 07:32 PM
  22. ljay's Avatar
    sticking with the storm 2 for a while
    04-22-10 08:50 PM
  23. tmgmnw's Avatar
    I have a few friends that got the Storm 2 and wished that they still had their Storm due to the amount of problems that the Storm 2 was giving them. Iím really interested in seeing what 6.0 has to offer and which prototype RIM plans on going with for the Storm 3 release. Honestly, if they go with the slider version, I might just get a Storm 2.
    04-23-10 11:18 AM
  24. milkpowder's Avatar
    Still using my Storm 1 with various hybrid flavours. The Storm 2, as good as it is, is still not a big enough upgrade for me, especially if I am to be stuck with it for another 18 months. I say wait for WES.
    04-23-10 10:01 PM
  25. PhiPsi32's Avatar
    I would go with the Storm 2 now . . . if I didn't have to extend my contract and shell out $500 . . . since the S1 is adequate (but not great) I, personally, don't have a compelling reason to upgrade. I like the Storm concept (including Surepress). And I'm very curious about S3. I bought the S1 on release day, but, as mentioned by a previous poster, I'll wait a few months after S3 to see what develops. Then decide.
    04-23-10 11:43 PM
58 123