Storm1, Storm2...and Storm3 when it comes out.
    04-23-10 11:49 PM
    How do we have two nearly identical threads going on side by side...
    04-24-10 12:09 AM
    I have the Storm 1 and was gonna get the Storm 2 but it didnt do much for me. I was waitin on the Storm 3 but its takin too long. So Incredible it is. I should have sometime next week.
    04-24-10 12:55 AM
    I have the Storm 1 and was gonna get the Storm 2 but it didnt do much for me. I was waitin on the Storm 3 but its takin too long. So Incredible it is. I should have sometime next week.
    I think I'll be doing the same in 9 days when my NE2 kicks in

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-10 03:26 PM
    Neither! I would never buy another Storm device. Im switching to the 9650 as soon as i can.
    04-24-10 03:28 PM
    I tried a Droid and was not happy with it at all. The battery life was horrendous. It wouldn't last through my 12 hours shift. I have gotten a Storm and am loving it. Battery life is very good, so I am going to see when the S3 is supposed to hit and either get a S2 or S3 for my next phone. The ONLY thing that might sway me away from my Storm at this point would be if Apple finally brings the iPhone to VZW.
    04-24-10 06:46 PM
    Waiting on S3. I have a NE2 to use but don't want to waste it on a S2. I considered a droid phone but haven't liked any of them so far. I'm really a blackberry girl.
    04-24-10 09:37 PM
    I'm waiting for the Storm 5, but fortunately it will be out next week! It's called the HTC Incredible.
    04-25-10 07:44 AM
    I'm waiting for the Storm 5, but fortunately it will be out next week! It's called the HTC Incredible.
    Exactly! I have two on the way for thursday!

Good riden RIM and BB. Storm - Slow, Too little memory, Old tech, Reboot daily, Miserable to live with for 17 months.

ANDROID OS and HTC Incredible for me now.
    Last edited by bbstorm4me; 04-25-10 at 09:47 AM.
    04-25-10 09:44 AM
    Years w/ Blackberry. Bleeding edge with the Storm since release day. Done with Blackberry. When mine and my wife's NE2 are due this summer, we're either going with the iPhone or an Android device. Blackberry has fallen so far behind the curve in combining consumer and work features. The thing iPhone has going for it is the limitless number of applications (and not just games to all you whiners about "iToy"), but applications that I can use the **** out of for my job. RIM is done...
    04-25-10 05:10 PM
    Unless you need a global phone Android is the way to go.Moto Droid or Incredible.
    04-25-10 06:27 PM
    yea i agree with the others who said that the storm 2 was not enough of an upgrade from the storm 1. so def the storm 3, tho i am EXTREMELY tempted by the Incredible. but i love bbm and all the other options that make a blackberry so customizable to its specific user.
    04-25-10 11:17 PM
    I have the original storm and I want the S3. I can't wait!! I just hope it comes out soon....
    04-27-10 03:56 AM
    oh yea..and i really hope that it doesn't have a stupid slider keyboard on it...that would be lame!!!!! In that case, I may get a S2...or just never use the slider...
    04-27-10 04:00 AM
    After doing some looking and seeing some of the "rumored" Storm 3 talk that it might be a slider, if that is the case, I am going to upgrade to the Storm 2.
    04-27-10 11:21 PM
    Storm 3. But I may look at the flip. some days, the brick is just too big.
    04-27-10 11:29 PM
    Has anyone switched from the Storm to an Android? If so how do you like it. I don't think I want to upgrade from a storm 1 to a storm 2 and my contract is up next month.
    06-29-10 08:27 AM
    I switched from the original Storm to the HTC Desire. Multimedia, internet, camera, general responsiveness, are much much better. What aren't so good are battery life, quality of basic functions and email/messaging. Battery life is short. It'll just about last one whole day's use, but with a lot of the email/facebook/flickr/calender sync off. The call quality, loudspeaker quality, loudspeaker volume aren't superb. They're acceptable, but the Storm was a touch better. As for messaging, only GMail (and calendar/contacts) is really pushed. I also use Yahoo and my university email account and neither is pushed. I miss Blackberry messenger too. That said, I don't regret making the switch.

The HTC Desire is so much quicker, so much more powerful and syncs very well with my social networks (Flickr, Facebook photos, contact information, photostream/status updates) as well as my organisers (Google Address Book, Calendar). I also like how powerful and clever the HTC keyboard is. The error correction/predictive texting is very good and doesn't offer non-existent words like my Storm does. I do miss the ultra-comprehensive medico-lego-financial Blackberry dictionary though. I can also see how for the business user a Blackberry is much more suitable as BES is a much more powerful business tool. Havnig instantaneous email/BBM is great too, something BB users pretty much take for granted!!

All in all, Android for play (it's much better at it), and Blackberry for work (it's much better at it). :P
    06-29-10 08:40 AM
    My official upgrade is Aug 1 and I want something new but it doesn't look like RIM is going to come thru.
    06-29-10 08:56 AM
    Storm3 will have to come out before July 15th
    06-29-10 12:58 PM
    July 15 of what year?
    06-29-10 01:11 PM
    My NE2 (early) is up on 7/15. I've had my S1 since opening day and all in all it's not too bad a phone. But I'm really hoping for more soon. If I don't hear about (not just a few oddball rumors) or see the S3 by the end of August then it's time to jump ship an Android device.
    06-29-10 01:13 PM
    i juz hope the S3 will look good.....
    06-29-10 01:17 PM
    I currently have the Storm 1 and can't wait for my Upgrade in May 2011. Have they talked about the Storm 3 at all or are we just assuming there will be one out???

Also, I have a question to go along with this, when I'm able to upgrade next May, I don't HAVE to upgrade right? I can keep my Storm 1 and just upgrade whenever I want? I'm very new to this because I came from MetroPCS where I did montly payments of what I wanted lol, and now have a Verizon Wireless Blackberry Storm and love it (in some ways lol)
    06-29-10 07:27 PM
    I currently have the Storm 1 and can't wait for my Upgrade in May 2011. Have they talked about the Storm 3 at all or are we just assuming there will be one out???

Also, I have a question to go along with this, when I'm able to upgrade next May, I don't HAVE to upgrade right? I can keep my Storm 1 and just upgrade whenever I want? I'm very new to this because I came from MetroPCS where I did montly payments of what I wanted lol, and now have a Verizon Wireless Blackberry Storm and love it (in some ways lol)
    Nope, no official word on the Storm3. Right now all we have are a few rumors and lots of speculation and hoping. There is a good chance that there will be a Storm3, but no one is talking about when that might actually be (other than the rumors and speculation of course).

As far as your upgrade goes...nope, you can use it anytime after it's up. It's not a use it or loose it type of deal.
    06-30-10 09:44 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD