Just wondering if any of you stormer's are using the STOCK handsfree headset/headphones that come with the storm while riding your motorcycle?

How does it do with wind in a full face helmet? GPS direction etc.?

Do you use something better?
    05-28-09 11:19 AM
    I just used a regular set of headphones to listen to music..... I didn't want that much of a distraction ..... I know a few helmet makers have built in bluetooth helmets and I believe chatter box makes a bluetooth device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 11:27 AM
    [QUOTE=powera;2667116]Just wondering if any of you stormer's are using the STOCK handsfree headset/headphones that come with the storm while riding your motorcycle?

How does it do with wind in a full face helmet? GPS direction etc.?

I use an AutoCom integrated music/passenger intercom system where the music/phone is routed into a set of custom-molded ear phones. They keep wind noise out and the sound quality of music and calls is superb, even at, ahem, extra legal speeds...I've tried using stock earbuds such as the ones that come with phones, but they don't easily stay put in the ears, and wind noice is substantial.

That being said, I�ve moved beyond making cell phone conversations while actually operating the motorcycle. IMHO, and of course, YMMV, I believe talking on the cell and riding just adds another level of distraction/danger to the ride. If the call is that important, I should give it my full attention, which means stopping for a break and making the call.

Have fun, ride far.

Steve in So Cal
    BMWSportTouring.com
    05-28-09 11:39 AM
    @ R12Pilot I ride a small BMW called the F650, did not know we infected ever corner of the interwebs and the roads!! I could tell right away that you were actually a BMW rider by the equipment you carry and your aversion to distraction when riding. Us Beem-Dub-Yuhs think alike.

On Topic: I love to listen to music on long rides so I invested in a set of noise canceling ear buds that fit snugly in my ears and have not had a problem...except that I can't hear my engine. I use it to help me know when to shift...
    05-28-09 12:06 PM
    Another Beemer rider here (R1100GS) - I have tried a lot of solutions - BlueTooth in helmet system (don't like it) - Various earbuds (fair) - The best solution was a pair of $29 noise reducing headphone from HomeDepot. These are designed for construction sites and fit snugly, block out wind noise, etc and have a volume control.
    05-28-09 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD