Anybody else run into this?

13 Storms available for customer purchase at my store, yet all the employees in the store had one....
    11-21-08 02:15 PM
    One of the benefits for working at Verizon. Not much you can do about it.
    11-21-08 02:18 PM
    I went to Best Buy last night and talked to them about the Storm.

I made a joke about them buying one. The admitted to me that they're barred from buying any new phone for 30 days from launch.

Which is how it should be...especially on the phone that's been hyped more than any other and SEVERELY limited supplies on launch day (which is completely and utterly inexcusable but, that's another thread).
    11-21-08 02:23 PM
    When i worked for a retailer during the PS2 launch, the retailer ordered that all the first wave PS2's were for customers...not employees.
    11-21-08 02:23 PM

I made a joke about them buying one. The admitted to me that they're barred from buying any new phone for 30 days from launch.

Which is how it should be...especially on the phone that's been hyped more than any other and SEVERELY limited supplies on launch day (which is completely and utterly inexcusable but, that's another thread).
    Doesnt that only apply to their specific store location?
    11-21-08 02:24 PM

13 Storms available for customer purchase at my store, yet all the employees in the store had one....
    One of the benefits for working at Verizon. Not much you can do about it.
    um.. VZW policy is that they rn't suppose to be able to have the phone for themselves until i believe at least 2 weeks (i feel like it's longer than that actually) call CS and complain like ****
    11-21-08 02:27 PM
    all the corporate verizon employees have to order there phones. they cannot buy the phones at a discounted price in the store.
    11-21-08 02:28 PM
    Is there some shortage of the phone? I went to BB today at lunch to check them out and they seemed to have plenty.
    11-21-08 02:35 PM
    Because they work for Verizon they are not entitled to the phone? I would be MORE concerned if they didn't want one...
    11-21-08 02:44 PM

NO Verizon employees are supposed to have them. When I got mine this morning the guys were drooling over the device. Furthermore, we had Verizon (corporate) in the office for an RFI discussion. NONE of them had the Storm nor were they going to be OKed for one for a while. This seems really strange ... or unethical.
    11-21-08 02:44 PM
    Is there some shortage of the phone? I went to BB today at lunch to check them out and they seemed to have plenty.
    I believe this thread is in reference to shortage of phones is VZW stores specifically.
    11-21-08 02:49 PM
    None of the employees at the store i went to had one. The guy that was helping me said he ordered his earlier. I figure they weren't allowed to take any of the first few shipments.
    11-21-08 02:49 PM
    My Verizon CSR that i speak to said she not only is not allowed to get the new phones for a while, but she doesnt get our pricing, ie: NE2, 2 yr pricing, etc. I believe she said they have totally different pricing brackets.
    11-21-08 03:12 PM

I guess I am not going to work at best buy.
    11-21-08 03:14 PM
    My Verizon CSR that i speak to said she not only is not allowed to get the new phones for a while, but she doesnt get our pricing, ie: NE2, 2 yr pricing, etc. I believe she said they have totally different pricing brackets.
    our pricing is about the same as the prices you pay for 2 year contracts but we only have 1 year contracts and pay about 50 dollars less for phones then customers do.
    11-21-08 03:15 PM
    I didn't see any employees have one, but most of them have BB, like the Curve.
    Here are some pic of my new toy, just don't get jealous, it took me 6 hours, no breakfast, no lunch and my sotry of getting the Storm in Verizon store

11-21-08 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD