Just like all of you i am tired of this we all paid for what was supposed to be a sweet touch screen phone. It is touch screen but this is like paying full price for a ferrari that has a 4 cylinder engine I think when the storm 2 comes out if we are all not happy with storm 1 we all should go to are local verizon store the same day the new one comes out and complain and fill the stores up until they give us new storm 2. some might think that this is crazy but honestly we didn't get our money worth and now they have the nerve to come out with a new one and put us on the back burner.... What do you all think...... i am serious
    05-14-09 08:36 PM
    It would be nice if Verizon gave us some sort of discounted upgrade option, but I doubt they will.
    05-14-09 08:38 PM
    I agree with you that they didn't fully develop the storm 1 before ANTICIPATING releasing a storm 2, but truly they are almost the same device. I am sure they will both run the same OS at the same time. So seeing so much progress on a storm 2 gives me hope. And to be honest, I don't like the new button configurations enough to switch over. I am sure they will work something out, but the storm 1 should still see a lot of love yet. Its not even a full year old, and blackberries that are 5+ years old are still getting love. A new version doesn't mean support will be cut.

As a side note, this is posted in the wrong section. Moderators, please move to Storm Rants and Raves. thanks.
    Last edited by decentfreak; 05-14-09 at 08:47 PM.
    05-14-09 08:39 PM
    for all of those people who are unhappy there are probably plenty who are happy with their phones...there ahve been significant improvements in the leaks and with what some of the very knowledgeable people have said about OS's to come it sounds as if we are going to be in for some good sh!t to come in the future as either leaks or the highly unlikely officials get released...yes there will always be people who are unhappy but i know all my friends who have the storm, many dont even know about crackberry or are running .75 still are very satisfied with the phone
    05-14-09 08:40 PM
    What does this have to do with OS?

Good luck with your uprising.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 08:42 PM
    First of why does everyone assume the Storm 2 is coming out for VZW?

I think everyone is over reacting. Honestly I have run .109 flawlessly since the 2nd day it came out. All of the people who went and got the storm as their first BB, or the ones who think it should be PERFECT, they are the ones having problems. And all the people who had a functional OS, and then a new one came out and they upgraded and then now they have problems, well thats your own fault.

Sorry to sound rude but honestly its just super annoying to read all these lets bug verizon, they stink, blah blah blah posts. if ya dont like it, feel free to hit up AT&T or Tmobile
    Last edited by dreamtobelieve; 05-14-09 at 08:46 PM.
    I really hope so, i'm still running the .75 because last time i downloaded a leak it was on my brother curve and man did it mess his phone up. i would love to upgrade a leak but i just dont want to mess up my phone. any advice because i would be able to wait alittle longer if my phone wasnt so crazy.
    05-14-09 08:43 PM
    I really hope so, i'm still running the .75 because last time i downloaded a leak it was on my brother curve and man did it mess his phone up. i would love to upgrade a leak but i just dont want to mess up my phone. any advice because i would be able to wait alittle longer if my phone wasnt so crazy.
    no wonder you feel the way you do.

try and do the upgrade, and then you will be happy.
    05-14-09 08:44 PM
    I agree with you that they didn't fully develop the storm 1 before releasing a storm 2,

As a side note, this is posted in the wrong section. Moderators, please move to Storm Rants and Raves. thanks.
    they haven't released the storm 2 yet, we still have almost a whole year, maybe 3/4ths of a year before its even a reality...

btwy i reported too
    05-14-09 08:45 PM
    for all of those people who are unhappy there are probably plenty who are happy with their phones...there ahve been significant improvements in the leaks and with what some of the very knowledgeable people have said about OS's to come it sounds as if we are going to be in for some good sh!t to come in the future as either leaks or the highly unlikely officials get released...yes there will always be people who are unhappy but i know all my friends who have the storm, many dont even know about crackberry or are running .75 still are very satisfied with the phone

Throw me in the happy pile. I am constantly finding new and wonderful things with this phone. Why am I supposed to hate it because someone else doesn't have the brain power how to figure it out on their own.

they haven't released the storm 2 yet, we still have almost a whole year, maybe 3/4ths of a year before its even a reality...

btwy i reported too

Fixed! My bad!
    05-14-09 08:47 PM
    Throw me in the happy pile. I am constantly finding new and wonderful things with this phone. Why am I supposed to hate it because someone else doesn't have the brain power how to figure it out on their own.

i am definitely in the happy pile...i downloaded a leak, messed around, made a hybrid, shrunk, ive been through the hard times and frustration with the storm and im sure i have more days to look forward to...nothing is perfect the question is can you live with the imperfections and maybe have a little patience?
    05-14-09 08:47 PM
    Thanks guys, but dont get me wrong I love the phone and it will be better then the iphone when fixed. its just the crazy os problem. I know once all is said and done and they get it right this is going to be a sick phone.
    05-14-09 08:48 PM
    Happy pile sounds good to me....I'm jumpin in.
    My storm has its hi cups and I'm still on .75 by the by, but I must say this is one of the greatest phones I've ever owned. Th OS needs to stop complaining and get on the whaaaaaaaa bus.
    Next stop...at&t......whoooooohooooo...

05-14-09 08:54 PM

I hope that it's fair game so VZW can get what they have coming to them, and that's a bunch of people jumpin ship!
    05-14-09 08:55 PM
    Fixed! My bad!
    kudos, my friend

btw, does the "Happy pile" remind anyone of the end of the "goo-backs" episode from south park?

EVERYONE BACK TO THE HOLE!!!
    05-14-09 08:57 PM

Hint, hint. He's right. Hint, hint.
    05-14-09 08:58 PM
    What does this have to do with OS?

Good luck with your uprising.

Hahahaha +1
    You guys are hopeless have fun with technology if you hate updated haardware cycles hahaha

Click click click..

05-14-09 09:03 PM
    kudos, my friend

btw, does the "Happy pile" remind anyone of the end of the "goo-backs" episode from south park?

EVERYONE BACK TO THE HOLE!!!
    Uh.m.patchea....let's get our mind out of the gutter.

05-14-09 09:12 PM
    It is just natural that RIM will develop Storm 2. It is just how the technology game is. When storm 1 came out, RIM most likely have a couple of storm 2 mock-up, beta devices on the works already.

What is key is how much resources (money/man power) is RIM focusing on Storm 1 and 2. If there is greater a number internal resources (RIM developers/testers/Business Analyst/GUI developers) working on Storm 1 then that means a OS is update is in the works (which likely is) and what we are fine.

Which makes sense RIM has to support current storm users or the carriers are going to have a fit. Plus there will be a number of vendor agreements that RIM will break which will give them a lot of problems. And I am talking about RIM forking over millions $$ to the carriers (Bell/Telus/Verizon-Vodaphone) that they pissed off.

Some time too much information can do a lot of harm. What see here are beta models, we don't know if and when storm 2 will come out in any form resembling the the pictures we see. **** for all we know the final version of Storm 2 has a trackball, sliding keyboard and has the 4.7.76 OS on it.

To me it is a good sign that the RIM is developing Storm 2 because if they are not then we are in trouble, because this means that RIM has given up on the storm and to them it is not worth their time supporting it.

Sorry for the long post; kinda got carried away
    Last edited by Ronindan; 05-14-09 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Huh??
    05-14-09 09:13 PM
    I got carried away too.........by the beauty f my favorite phone in the world..THE STORM.

05-14-09 10:40 PM
    WHO ever said this phone is coming to Verizon?
    05-14-09 11:29 PM
    in the end, its better to be original.... I am all about the STORM1!!!
    05-14-09 11:39 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD