For Storm Owners. I have seen a lot of feedback dealing with positive and negative perspectives on the storm. A lot of your reactions have received flames, etc. I thought I should post this up and hopefully enlighten everyone who has commented thus are on the storm and put things in a bit of perspective. I don't mean for this comment to carry a negative tone, more of being informative. I think something people don't realize that everyone in the USA would DIE to use a storm right now. I can speak for myself and others when I say that I would be putting out long detailed descriptions about my experiences including videos/pictures (also pictures taken on the BB) etc.

It seems no one has done that yet (I saw one thread with a picture taken from the BB and it was from a user stateside in the store!). It is frustrating when all you hear is, "in my 1 day of playing with it, or 2 minutes, or 15 minutes" I dont like this and that. Good for you.

The problem is you haven't shown ANYONE anything here at crackberry. Ultimately, no one cares what your opinion is if that is all you give us... post some videos and pictures! I do not doubt your experience with the phone but the lack of initiative on anyone's part (storm owners who've said positive AND negative things) to put up a detailed review accompanying your opinion is annoying. No one cares what you think if you aren't going to take the time to really share your experience with the rest of us.

Ultimately people are going to left MORE unsatisfied because there is no proof. If you say its laggy / unresponsive and post a video of it. Bam! People will be happy. They can decide for themselves if laggy means the same thing to you as it does to them. You don't have to be Kevin Michaluk but if you aren't bringing new tangible information to the CB community and share a negative opinion on the device, of COURSE people WILL flame / be upset etc. People have been waiting a long time for the phone while many have it yet offer NO proof, only an opinion.... and that is what is aggravating.

hope this helps some understand where all these ppl are coming from
    11-15-08 04:37 AM
    I can agree with you I have been running around trying to help calm people down its just as frustrating for me as it is to them. Its just that calling these people names also isn't helpful if they signed up a account today this could be possibly the first time they have seen the site who knows and calling them names isn't going to make us look good or help them in returning information that helps the rest. It just pisses them off and they will walk away thinking that the people on these forums are rude.

So yes inform but don't have to be rude its not a police thing or what not its more the fact that if your starving and you see some guy sitting there eating hamburgers and he has like 30 of them you walk up and ask him hey how do they taste im so hungry and he states well in my opinion there not that great but there ok and you say HEY I WANT ONE U FREAKING AHOLE. he would probably take the burgers lick them all wipe them all over his body and laugh at you and walk away. (yes this is a extreme example don't take it literally)
    11-15-08 04:48 AM
    I can agree with you I have been running around trying to help calm people down its just as frustrating for me as it is to them. Its just that calling these people names also isn't helpful if they signed up a account today this could be possibly the first time they have seen the site who knows and calling them names isn't going to make us look good or help them in returning information that helps the rest. It just pisses them off and they will walk away thinking that the people on these forums are rude.

So yes inform but don't have to be rude its not a police thing or what not its more the fact that if your starving and you see some guy sitting there eating hamburgers and he has like 30 of them you walk up and ask him hey how do they taste im so hungry and he states well in my opinion there not that great but there ok and you say HEY I WANT ONE U FREAKING AHOLE. he would probably take the burgers lick them all wipe them all over his body and laugh at you and walk away. (yes this is a extreme example don't take it literally)
    Now thats funny
    11-15-08 04:51 AM
    Big man, sure we should have said nothing at all so you would be happy that nobody questions your mind about a piece of kit.
    My friend not everyone here in UK is a skilled reviewer I personaly just wanted to pass my experience, good or bad that's the best we could do.
    Either Take it and be a bit thankfull or ignore it my friend.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-08 05:49 AM
    I think you shouldn't get so upset that people don't publish page-long reviews.
    Not everyone has the opportunity to video their phones.
    Being a crackberry member does not oblige you to write huge reviews or whatnot.
    I would like to see some extensive reports too but flaming and cursing people does not help!
    Some people have got their phones for a day, some not even a day and hardly have had the time to discover all the options for themselves, and you expect them they have only bought the phone to feed your addiction? Come on... be nice... Just wait, people will come with reviews, pictures, video's, everything. It will come, try to be patient. Yes, you have waited for this phone for a long time, and you will have it in a week as well. Don't cry please?
    11-15-08 06:46 AM
    I personally used the phone in the US yes I only had an hour with it and I took some pics and did the best I could digging into the phone. My post has pics and some reviews. FWIW

11-15-08 06:50 AM
    I'm not an experienced reviewer and I am sorry if you think that everyone in the UK who has a Storm isnt getting on here to post minute details and pictures of everything that is good, bad and ugly. It is Saturday and we have been working all week, now we too want to relax and play with our new toys. Plus we also have shopping to do and cant be spending all day here writing a review. A touchscreen is something new for me to get used to and when I have got used to it a bit more, I will write a bit more if anyone cares to read it. In the meantime, have a nice weekend
    11-15-08 07:10 AM
    Indeed- rather than holding other forum members responsible for "lousy reviews & opinions", maybe you should yell at the people involved in RUNNING the site, why every mod and office staff person hasn't written a 5-page thesis on the Storm yet to share with us.

I'd imagine the information would be both more descriptive and accountable, than the 2 paragraph "reviews" written in the forums by people who are probably not professional reviewers. - I think most of these community members are just chiming in quickly on things they first had a chance to analize - they probably all have lives & limited time like the rest of us, nor do they get paid by CrackBerry to write reviews so beautiful, stunning and informative, It'd almost make you want to curl up on the couch and tenderly weep to youself while reading them.

Besides, I'm just slightly positive there exists a whole other level of depth to the internet beyond CrackBerry, where somebody, somewhere, has also written up comprehensive reviews on the Storm. Maybe even really long, really good ones.
    I think Kevin kindly posts most of them on the front page too. I'll go check - don't wait up.
    11-15-08 07:14 AM
    I'm deeply involved in other technology forums and in my experience only a small handful of people can be bothered to post up detailed reviews and photos (video being a real PITA). Most people just busy themselves with USING it.

That can be frustrating as **** sure but not something to get angry about.

I bet UK Storm owners are all tweaking this weekend, the when back at work on Monday they will probably hop on CB.com and post up more info!

The Bold forum is poppin' with user reports now...

Just a matter of time now...

11-15-08 07:51 AM
    I've got about 20 pictures to post so I'll get them online in a bit once I've spammed my post count up to 10
    11-15-08 09:06 AM
    nearly there..
    11-15-08 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD