They better add it...the way it is now is pure garbage. I hate scrolling through contacts....again...its probably tough to implement when the whole OS is compatibility mode.
    02-02-09 05:07 AM
    i feel like a gesture such as this shouldn't be patentable.

its just like saying "i patented pushing a rotating door in circles"

like, ok patent that rotary door design, but patenting the turning of it is silly

just like patenting a touch screen design should be ok, but gestures... i think are just a bit much
    02-02-09 08:26 AM
    i feel like a gesture such as this shouldn't be patentable.

its just like saying "i patented pushing a rotating door in circles"

like, ok patent that rotary door design, but patenting the turning of it is silly

just like patenting a touch screen design should be ok, but gestures... i think are just a bit much
    True but if LG phones have it and the Pre purportedly has it, I'm sure Apple doesn't own the patent to that finger motion.
    02-02-09 09:35 AM
    Inertial scrolling is actually in some apps. Word To Go has it, although to nowhere near the extent allowed by the iPhone (whilst the Storm normally will do about a page, in Word To Go it'll go a page and a half to two pages), and it's also in Opera, but it's a swine to use since Opera makes selections if a gnat farts on the screen.
    02-02-09 10:02 AM
    Is it possible for an app that can actually work in the os?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 10:24 AM
    Count me in. WSJ app has sweet flick scrolling. I want it everywhere.

02-02-09 10:32 AM
    Can someone throw me the ota to that I want to try it

02-02-09 10:33 AM
    Can someone throw me the ota to that I want to try it

Lots of app links here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/blackberry-storm-ota-apps-thread-107305

02-02-09 10:37 AM
    I; I agree too many people want it. What is the easiest way to download the newest os? I am a newbie when comes to understanding the easiest way to download third party apps. Can someone help please. And should I trust the the leaked os's?
    02-02-09 10:43 AM
    I would be very pleased with this being added.
    02-02-09 10:56 AM
    I just downloaded that app yeah its got decent scroll Its not as smooth has the iphone app I don't think any app will be able to be as good as the iphone

02-02-09 11:15 AM
    I'm on my Curve right now but if you do a search for "No multitouch on the Storm....ever" you will find it there.

We just had a discussion about this very thing.

I would think anything that was developed and introduced (Palm Pre) before the patent should be fine. I'm not a lawyer though : )

He's referring to inertia scrolling, not MultiTouch.
    02-02-09 11:37 AM
    It seems as though time is an irrelevance - Immersion nailed both Sony and Microsoft over rumble in joypads - Sony has been making dualshocks since about '97, and Immersion used patents from 2002-2004 to squeeze money out of them. Odd how they didn't go after Nintendo though - not enough money in it perhaps?
    02-02-09 11:50 AM
    yep i would say we need it...not sure if RIM was thinking straight on this. @ times i feel like RIM doesn't wants to be called a copy cat of the *JESUS PHONE* and didnt implement some stuff which would make storm cool just because guys at apple are doing it that way...
    02-02-09 03:02 PM

Someone who can effectively use logic! It'll be on the Storm before you know it.
    Who knew logic could prevail in a legal battle:-)......"If the scroll is not legit you must flickit"....thank you Johnny Cochran:-)....it might have been something about a glove but that is beside the point

I totally agree with buddy above me here....really that would be about the only reason they would not have it in there. "Sure go and reinvent the touch screen but lets not be like apple and make scrolling easy.....besides these computer kids have strong fingers from those lonely nights on the computer....**** while we are at it lets screw up the OS so they can be up till 2 am downloading new ones once a week"....I am not sure but I am sure some RIM said that.
    Last edited by tscheidt; 02-02-09 at 09:43 PM. Reason: because I wanted to
    02-02-09 09:36 PM
    This thread would have worked better if the OP created a poll from the jump...

Oh...and yes...flicking inertial iphone like scrolling would be clutch
    02-02-09 10:36 PM
    I I I I and more I
    02-02-09 11:21 PM
    This thread would have worked better if the OP created a poll from the jump...

Oh...and yes...flicking inertial iphone like scrolling would be clutch
    Is there a way to start a poll after the fact or do I have to do a new thread?.....I do agree stupid of me not to make a poll.......(you get one....everyone gets one):-)
    02-02-09 11:51 PM
    I suggested this since day one....I was completely ridiculed for even suggesting it by CX and other's....oh and they hated that I called it Kinetic Scrolling...but anyone who has been through WinMo and used PocketCM knows that is the term those guys use for that type of scrolling.

I have said it since day one...having that type of scrolling alone would make it appear that the OS is much more smooth than it actually is.
    02-03-09 05:23 AM
    Yes it should be implemented in the next OS build. AP new WSJ Apps all have it and it works great.
    02-12-09 07:23 PM
    Correct me if im wrong, but doesnt Windows 7 have plenty of multi-touch features implemented into that are identical to that of the iPhone? Ive seen demos where in order to zoom into pictures the finger pinch was used. I believe it had flick scrolling also but Im not sure. As a matter of fact heres the vid...

02-12-09 08:32 PM
    Correct me if im wrong, but doesnt Windows 7 have plenty of multi-touch features implemented into that are identical to that of the iPhone? Ive seen demos where in order to zoom into pictures the finger pinch was used. I believe it had flick scrolling also but Im not sure. As a matter of fact heres the vid...

I think Apple's patent was only for handheld devices. To hold a gesture patent on any and all touch devices would be a monopoly. Not sure though.
    02-12-09 08:37 PM
    I think Apple's patent was only for handheld devices. To hold a gesture patent on any and all touch devices would be a monopoly. Not sure though.
    Oh ok I see. Damn, I hope this isnt true. Im stuck with Verizon. Sometimes I wish that iPhone Verizon deal wouldve never fell through.
    02-12-09 08:45 PM
    I would really love this. It can't be a patent because youtube and other apps incorporate it on their mobile sites. Will have to wait and see.
    Last edited by BecerraC; 02-12-09 at 09:41 PM.
    02-12-09 09:38 PM
    Oh ok I see. Damn, I hope this isnt true. Im stuck with Verizon. Sometimes I wish that iPhone Verizon deal wouldve never fell through.
    I'm just not sure about the details. Does their patent cover gestures and rubberband scrolling BEFORE the patent? Zunes have rubberband scrolling. Idk? I hope that somehow Apple is forced to come off of it. I refuse to own Apple products.
    02-12-09 09:43 PM
82 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD