...but they are taking up the app room, which is our ram room, which makes are devices slower!

rim, this is the one thing I do not understand. you give us the sd card slot, but we cant store apps on there? I dont care if it takes longer to load up, as long as my limit is the size of the sd card, i wouldnt care!

wish it was possible to make an app that does that... sigh

what bout the rest of you guys?
    02-11-09 07:26 PM
    App "room" is not RAM. It's flash memory... Applications only load to RAM when you run them.
    02-11-09 08:39 PM
    How about themes? Some themese are almost 1MB now. I believe once people get a hang of plazmic and themes get more complicated, they will be larger .
    02-11-09 10:47 PM
    I don't foresee this being a problem. App memory is only holds what is currently running...similar to ram in a computer. Now I am assuming it only runs one theme at a time, so your app memory shouldn't really be affected. Also even with 1mb themes you should have some wiggle room.

This is all a guess, I could be wrong but this only seems logical.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 12:27 AM
    You have a gig pf space to store your apps

02-12-09 02:31 AM
    How about themes? Some themese are almost 1MB now. I believe once people get a hang of plazmic and themes get more complicated, they will be larger .
    I wish people weren't bundling in background images with their themes. 99.99% of the time, I am going to use my own background anyway.
    02-12-09 08:19 AM
    I do believe that we do have a 1gigabyte on board device memory for a reason an

d that is for whatever apps or themes. Correct? How many apps and themes does it take to fill up 1gigabyte?

02-13-09 01:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD