BTW, the version I loaded was the hybrid. After a few days with it, the OS does seem pretty stable. Yes, I can tell it's a little faster than .75 was, but not blazing, or super fast, like I've read from many posters.

Just a word of caution: there seems to be a little embellishment in some posts!
    Well, in my experience, scrolling thru a menu on .75 ALWAYS had a significant delay to it and lagged pretty bad. With the bbcrackman .114 hybrid, scrolling is INSTANT...... like the menu is a physical item under your finger and you're directly controlling it. I don't know what phone you've used in the past, but it's about the smoothest phone interface i've seen aside from the iPhone, and that doesn't run apps in the background, so it's not a good comparison. If you think the Storm on .114 hybrid is laggy (or even on .75 for that matter) i'd hate to see what you thought of my old LG Voyager.....
    03-23-09 03:53 PM
    anyone have an idea as to when the next official wireless upgrade will be out for VZW? ive heard alot of good about the leaked OS versions, however bad as well so im pretty cautious about it
    To be honest, like you I was waiting for the official upgrades for VZW but couldn't stand it any longer. I just UP'ed from .075 to .113 and so far so good, the phone reacts faster to almost everything I do with it, there is no keyboard lag, so if it is getting you down, like mine was (always lo9cking up or starting the camera for some unknown reason then locking me out forcing a battery pull) then I would upgrade to the leaked OS, otherwise, I hope you are patient....I'm not!
    03-24-09 04:54 AM
    For those of you who are wondering about the latest hybrid, it's called .114_v2. Here's a link to the official thread...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/bb...rid-v2-188089/
    03-24-09 08:43 AM
    For what it's worth...I called Verizon's 611 yesterday to ask what the current OS is, and the guy told me .75. He then said something about .115 coming out within the next couple weeks. He said early April most likely.

I know, it's all rumor until we have it on our phone, but I thought I'd pitch in.
    03-25-09 02:31 PM
    I talked to a buddy of mine today who works for Verizon and he expected the official update to come with a new application store release "near the beginning of April". Don't think I am going to wait; will probably upgrade from .109 to .113 tomorrow and hope that the official upgrade coming soon is a .115 that will "take the crack...er...cake".
    03-25-09 09:59 PM
    .113 is good but not perfect. You still get some typing lag and an odd "white screen" lag just before the keyboard pops up. I've also had two crashes when its done a "bat pull" all on its own.

i'm hoping the Official one will solve these issues soon.
    03-26-09 09:15 AM
    .113 is good but not perfect. You still get some typing lag and an odd "white screen" lag just before the keyboard pops up. I've also had two crashes when its done a "bat pull" all on its own.

i'm hoping the Official one will solve these issues soon.
    Sounds like official may be .113:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/s-o...-113-a-191592/

EDIT: Nevermind.
    Last edited by Midnight Q; 03-26-09 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Gullibility
    03-26-09 11:33 AM
    Thanks. I'm new to the BB world but have been in tech for years. I'm a bit wary of cleaning the device and putting leaked stuff on, so I may hold off for the official release (whenever that may be). Overall my phone (on .75 official) hasn't given any major problems. I've only had to do a battery pull once, and I'm sure thats because of a poorly written javascript embedded into a webpage caused the browser to hang.

I wish there was an event log or task manager that would show which processes are using what resources.
    There is an event log, but I don't know if it'll show much about memory...if you put it in landscape, and hit "/"/ (Shift lglg) it brings up the event log!
    03-26-09 08:50 PM
    can i install an update for UK vodafone if i have a Spain vodafone device?
    will it work?
    03-28-09 08:59 AM
    why is it that every time i try to set up a jad it ask's me to download then says download failed what am i doing wrong anyone know >???
    03-28-09 10:15 AM
    how do i upgrade any help?
    03-29-09 02:14 PM
    You're right, it's a minor enhancement. The rest is all bug fixes though.

I have noticed increased boot times and wake-ups. But the memory loss is still an issue. I thought it had to do with leaving apps running in the background, so I kept an eye on it for a few days. Unfortunately, memory continues to drain.

Folks, while this is an improvement, it's still far from perfect. And it's still behind the major competition, IMO. Hope it closes the gap fast.
    168 words in 1 sentence, and double-digit mis-spellings. Un-freaking-believable. How do you expect anyone to understand this jibberish?
    Really didn't take much time at all. Copied the text into TextPad and it gave me the word count. I figured the 168 words w/o any sort of punctuation must be some kind of record.

I only noticed the very large number of mis-spellings when replying to the post, since the message box even got confused by your reply.

Personally, I appreciate all the help I can get; just not when it's illegible. Not even worth the time to read it. Hope you don't write reports like that at work.

This just hurts my eyes and deterriate my mind; when I read something like this; bgunckel, you should never in your life slam another person, with all the mistakes you just made. I just hope everyone catch this and learn from it. We shall not slander, or commit embarrassment to another to look good. Stay with the thread heading and stop trying to exercise our disablilities... (punctuation).
    03-29-09 03:11 PM
    how do i upgrade any help?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...eta-os-122851/

thats basically it

bbcrackman's hybrid V3 that came out this morning is great
    you can download it and the instructions are here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/bb...rid-v3-192813/
    03-29-09 03:45 PM
    He all... new to these forums, so this might of been discussed before... does anyone know why they don't have a send button like they have a go button on the internet.??
    03-29-09 04:41 PM
    This just hurts my eyes and deterriate my mind; when I read something like this; bgunckel, you should never in your life slam another person, with all the mistakes you just made. I just hope everyone catch this and learn from it. We shall not slander, or commit embarrassment to another to look good. Stay with the thread heading and stop trying to exercise our disablilities... (punctuation).
    First of all, I apologized for this 6 days before you posted. Then you slam me. Maybe you should take a bit of your own advice, Mr. Better-than-thou.

Next, re-read that first quote. Nothing bad was meant by that post. It was just a statement that we still have a long way to go.

Now go trolling elsewhere.
    03-30-09 09:16 AM
    Engadget Mobile reports .113 will be official Verizon release

Sorry, I can't post links but you can read it at engadgetmobile.com
    03-30-09 01:57 PM
    I wonder if the 'official' 113 will be the same build release. They may repackage it with some more fixes, enhancements, etc. For example - the beta we have is 15 bit color (I think). The real release may be 16 bit.

Depending on how RIM develops their software / os, they may have version releases (133), then build release for each version. This allows the development to iterate through versions and applied builds to address specific problems.

Does anyone know if they use Agile or Code Method or something?
    03-30-09 03:08 PM
    I wonder if the 'official' 113 will be the same build release. They may repackage it with some more fixes, enhancements, etc. For example - the beta we have is 15 bit color (I think). The real release may be 16 bit.

Depending on how RIM develops their software / os, they may have version releases (113), then build release for each version. This allows the development to iterate through versions and applied builds to address specific problems.

Does anyone know if they use Agile or Code Method or something?
    It will be the exact same OS that we have had leaked for the past couple weeks.

Otherwise it would not be build .113, it would be .114, etc...
    03-30-09 03:09 PM
    Then I can't see the pushing it out with the mms problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 08:48 PM
    Well, I was in love with .113 until today. Had nothing but good luck with .113 until today, when it decided that EVERY time I get an SMS, the phone reboots. Oh, and it stopped receiving any messages while in the holster. Strange because I haven't made any changes or added any apps. Guess I'll try a reinstall and restore and hope this problem is limited to just me.
    03-30-09 09:36 PM
    So, are we thinking Tuesday? Wednesday?
    03-30-09 11:15 PM
    What if you are not comfortable installing the upgrades? Will someone in the store do it? I dont know too much about the phone yet, and messing with it by upgrading is a little scary. Will probably screw it up!!!
    I downloaded both the beta OS and the Official OS from here and gave them to my dealer (Mobile Choice) in Victorville, and even told them about the upgrades.

It really is easy, follow the instructions you can find on here, and do not unplug the phone until the computer tells you that you can.

Simple!
    03-31-09 01:08 AM
    Well, I was in love with .113 until today. Had nothing but good luck with .113 until today, when it decided that EVERY time I get an SMS, the phone reboots. Oh, and it stopped receiving any messages while in the holster. Strange because I haven't made any changes or added any apps. Guess I'll try a reinstall and restore and hope this problem is limited to just me.
    Started also having a problem with the random reboots since going to 113. I am going to give it another couple of weeks then go with the 76 OS.
    03-31-09 01:10 AM
    I am a new Storm owner coming from the LG Voyager and so far I have been very disappointed! It doesn't matter which OS I use, my storm suffers from random reboots.

I can only hope that BlackBerry comes out with a new storm all together here in the future, but with some sort of quality control......guess I will be taking this one back to Verizon and hope I get a reliable phone that wont just shut off for any reason.....wish me luck!
    03-31-09 09:32 AM
    He all... new to these forums, so this might of been discussed before... does anyone know why they don't have a send button like they have a go button on the internet.??
    the send button...if im understanding you correctly...if you hide the keyboard when your sending an SMS or an email or other message, it is at the bottom of the screen...or just hit the bb button twice when youre done typing
    03-31-09 03:49 PM
638 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD