Will this OS work on an unlocked Storm on the AT&T network?
    05-26-09 01:10 PM
    Does WeatherBug lock up anyone elses phone?
    05-26-09 02:33 PM
    Does WeatherBug lock up anyone elses phone?
    Weatherbug shouldn't be locking up.

If it is giving you a problem, uninstall and reinstall the program.

If you've been upgrading your OS, its possible the weatherbug app may have been corrupted somehow.
    05-26-09 03:16 PM
    Are the 9500 & 9530 OS interchangeable? Can I load 9500 OS on 9530 for GSM US carriers?

Thanks
    05-26-09 08:54 PM
    hmm perhaps this thread could get pruned and only the first post with relevant links in it should exist? (that would mean deleting this post as well). any comments on various OS's could be left in the threads that originated from those OS's.
    that would make this one quick and easy post to find the newest OS's and leaks.
    05-28-09 12:35 AM
    Are the 9500 & 9530 OS interchangeable? Can I load 9500 OS on 9530 for GSM US carriers?

Thanks
    As Slavex said...you shouldn't have posted this here.

To answer your question, I don't think you can interchange an OS with the 9500 and the 9530. The 9500 is only GSM and the 9530 is CDMA and GSM. It may be possible but i'm under the assumption you might experience some issues with the device. I'm not completely sure and if you do a search in the forums, you should be able to find a more precise answer.
    05-28-09 10:13 AM
    Can the thread starter add .148 to the list please
    05-28-09 10:33 AM
    Or maybe another mod will add 148. Better late than never, and maybe soon CX or I can move it to the official side.
    05-28-09 09:45 PM
    Anyone know where to find the latest OS version for someone who has a Verizon phone but not a verizon Phone number (I'm using a factory unlocked storm on ACS Alaska)? I'm wanting to update my OS since form what I've read it will help improve my 9530's performance (since I'm running 4.7.93). I checked the Verizon link posted at the beginning of this forum but it requires an active Verizon Phone number (which I don't have).

Silly me... I've checked all over the blackberry website looking for a place I can DL the most current OS. What am I thinking that the makers of the cell phone would provide the OS for it! :O

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Some strange Alaskan,
    Last edited by gerg.the.wanderer; 05-29-09 at 01:05 PM.
    05-29-09 01:01 PM
    I had .132, and loved it.
    "Upgraded" to .141 and it got kinda laggy.
    I downgraded to .132 and I'm keepin' it.

Average startup memory on .141- 35 mb

Average startup memory on .132- 51 mb

I know everyone has different results, but the choice was clear for me!
    I too was running .141 and, while it seemed to work well (only repeatable issue was the unreliable video functionality), EVERY attempt to restore software (from previous backups) resulted in a 523 error (nasty, "I am no longer responding to you" problem).

I went back to .132 and never saw the 523 error again. Loading .148 right now...
    05-30-09 06:55 AM
    Thank you very much! excellent
    05-30-09 07:50 AM
    Anyone know where to find the latest OS version for someone who has a Verizon phone but not a verizon Phone number (I'm using a factory unlocked storm on ACS Alaska)? I'm wanting to update my OS since form what I've read it will help improve my 9530's performance (since I'm running 4.7.93). I checked the Verizon link posted at the beginning of this forum but it requires an active Verizon Phone number (which I don't have).

Silly me... I've checked all over the blackberry website looking for a place I can DL the most current OS. What am I thinking that the makers of the cell phone would provide the OS for it! :O

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Some strange Alaskan,
    You're actually not even running the current official OS, which is 4.7.76 on Verizon; so it's already been upgraded once.

Here's a real good guide to the info that you're looking for, in addition to lots of other good stuff...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/n0...source-213706/

Make sure you back up your 3rd party apps and your data. Links to how to do that is also in the link above. The current "leaked" version is .148. I'm running it right now and it's pretty good. A good way to improve it even further is to install BBCrackman's v6 hybrid over the top of it. Not sure if there's a link to it here, but there is one at blackberryos.com. It's all good!
    05-30-09 03:25 PM
    Can somebody add the official link .148 Im on a mac and cant upgrade on neither firefox or safari.

Thank you very much.
    05-31-09 03:04 PM
638 ... 242526
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD