Was at a Verizon store in my local mall. Asked the nice tech if had had heard anything on the new Official Os. He said, "why are you waiting, just go on Crackberry and download one of the leaked Os". Pretty funny.
    Pretty similar experience here - getting a minor hardware issue resolved, asked the tech when the new OS might appear, she just shrugged and rolled her eyes - at which point the guy behind me in line says, just go to Crackberry!
    05-04-09 02:31 PM
    i downloaded .122. and now whenever my screen dims it wont come back. or if i lock the phone i have to hit buttons for a good minute or two before it lights back up ideas?
    05-04-09 03:53 PM
    another download (official for .122 ) from Telefonica Venezuela : https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...CACC2C2F2F26C7
    05-04-09 05:07 PM
    how do you like 141 it seems to have mixed revues

I think it's gotten better over a few days for me....Data/connection is much better, way less loss than first day. Battery life still pretty slim. Speed is really good....Otherwise just the regular bugs that people said: lock/unlock, flickering QuickLaunch, etc.
    05-04-09 08:23 PM
    BTW, CX, great job combining the threads...now really all in one place.

Thanks.
    05-04-09 08:24 PM
    thank you so much ...i finally was able to upgrade and everything seemed to be working , the speed has improved the camera is faster the keyboard in portrait solved a VERY frustrating task, BUT my e/mail didn't work.
    going back to the forum someone else had that problem and suggested restoring the data files....THAT WAS IT
    i'm now enjoying the storm ....thanks to all

\Damn i spoke too soon everything WAS working fine except now the phone doesn't work. i can call out the it's dead on my end but the phone rings on the other end but i can't talk and people on the other end hear nothing.
    also if someone calls me it rings but is dead when i answer.
    i'm going to try restoring again when i get home....

NO LUCK....EVERTHING WORKS GREAT except i can't hear them and they can't hear me, when i dial it doesn't ring at my end but it does on the other end. any suggestions before i call blackberry or vzw ? will i have a problem having loaded bell .122 OS on the phone?....HELP A BRAVE NEWBE

i broke down and reloaded .75 thinking i was going to vzw
    for a new phone, the phone now worked! but the e/m didn't
    so i called vzw he said i need to load the "service books"
    he e/md them to me and that fixed problem now i have a perfectly functioning phone using .75
    i wonder if i had done that when .122 was loaded it may have fixed everything

maybe tonight i should start all over..................

i reloaded .122 again, sent the service books,restored the data but my phone still reacts the same as mentioned previously, everthing elso worked better than ever with .122 except the phone! am i missing something...

i'm back on .75 AGAIN and resolved to wait for vzn to update.....
    can anyone help....
    Thanks
    05-05-09 03:10 PM
    When you are done with loading any new OS, this is what is recommended:

>>Do a battery pull at least 30 seconds

>>Resend service books (Options> advanced options>host routing table>hit bb key> register now, wait a few minutes)
    05-05-09 03:17 PM
    WOW! the best post that I found on this forum! Very helpful for me, I always search for the last leaked OS!
    05-05-09 03:44 PM
    just connect my 9500 (voda)... DM asking me to upgrade to .141
    05-06-09 10:29 AM
    Hi,

if You check this link, You will find the official .141 release for the Storm 9500 by Vodafone UK:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...05D7C424EBAE5F

Choose the "Storm" option.

It is the official download page for the carrier branded FW.
    05-06-09 04:11 PM
    When you are done with loading any new OS, this is what is recommended:

>>Do a battery pull at least 30 seconds

>>Resend service books (Options> advanced options>host routing table>hit bb key> register now, wait a few minutes)
    i'm game thanks i'll try again this weekend and let you know elliotra
    05-06-09 08:06 PM
    Is anyone having a problem when connecting to the DM and its asking for an update to the 4.7.0.122 os software?
    No problem with the DM. Updated from .75 to .122 and DM is showing updated software available. I've said no until I hear from others on this forum what version it is and feedback as to whether to update.
    05-06-09 10:42 PM
    Hi,

if You check this link, You will find the official .141 release for the Storm 9500 by Vodafone UK:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...05D7C424EBAE5F

Choose the "Storm" option.

It is the official download page for the carrier branded FW.
    How funny is that! I must have checked that link everyday for the past 3 months! What do I do now Pilotcap? Will I be able to change going from an unofficial? What are you going to do as you are on .141?
    05-07-09 06:33 AM
    May I point that other Vodafone carriers have also .141 update available officially :

Spain -> https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BFCBB00C48F133
    Greece -> https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...5F3C4923CE901B
    Netherlands -> https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...9F6436D01E9EB0
    Italy -> https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...855005BB8B67BF

Perhaps the initial post should be modifyed to point that most Vodafone carriers have .144 available, not just UK
    Last edited by nitu; 05-09-09 at 07:46 PM.
    05-09-09 01:32 PM
    May I point that other Vodafone carriers have also .144 update available officially :

Spain -> https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BFCBB00C48F133
    Greece -> https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...5F3C4923CE901B
    Netherlands -> https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...9F6436D01E9EB0
    Italy -> https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...855005BB8B67BF

Perhaps the initial post should be modifyed to point that most Vodafone carriers have .144 available, not just UK
    Hi,
    please edit Your message, it is .141, NOT .144. Maybe people get messed up a bit...
    05-09-09 02:40 PM
    Hi,
    please edit Your message, it is .141, NOT .144. Maybe people get messed up a bit...
    true
    thanks
    05-09-09 07:47 PM
    i am new to the blackberry experience, and i down loaded the uk vodafone .141 to my 9530. is there diff types of the .141? im not positive what is thread is and what is the /5.0?

also after i loaded it i compared it to my g/friends 9530 which we got as a free one with the purchase of mine. it seemed to respond and switch programs quicker, but the internet still loaded at the same speed as hers which has the .75. i did two battery pulls and have had it about 24 hrs so far. also i noticed that i seem to not be getting the 1xev as much and not a great signal from the 1x. im new to this but want to learn.
    05-10-09 03:48 PM
    See my answers in red

i am new to the blackberry experience, and i down loaded the uk vodafone .141 to my 9530. is there diff types of the .141? .141 is .141, whether its leaked or official, it is same im not positive what is thread is and what is the /5.0? The 5.0 are the files taken from the bold 9000 and intermixed with java for 9500/9530 to make a hybrid

also after i loaded it i compared it to my g/friends 9530 which we got as a free one with the purchase of mine. it seemed to respond and switch programs quicker, but the internet still loaded at the same speed as hers which has the .75. i did two battery pulls and have had it about 24 hrs so far. also i noticed that i seem to not be getting the 1xev as much and not a great signal from the 1x. im new to this but want to learn. .141 has an issue with data/connectivity, but not for all people and not for all devices. It didn't work for me, so I downgraded to .132 and it's been solid for me. You might want to try that or may be try a wipe with JL-Cmdr and start over. Make sure you back up first (phone and 3rd party apps). You can find all links in the first post of this thread.
    05-10-09 09:01 PM
    Hello Gurus,

Need your advice.I am black berry newbie.I have got my unlocked storm just a week back with OS 4.7.0.78 from Singapore. It is damn slow and battery sucks. Can any one advice to which OS version I should upgarde to.I dont know which download to choose from thread ** ALL Storm Software Links- Official & Betas**.Please help me.

Thanks & Regards,
    Sam.
    05-11-09 10:27 AM
    There are lots and lots posts on this topic and polls as well. Make yourself familiar with the process as well. Check out stickied threads. Make sure you read and read before attempting so you know what exactly to do. Also check out tips and tricks thread in how to subforum. I would suggest any OS .113+. Anyways good luck.

Hello Gurus,

Need your advice.I am black berry newbie.I have got my unlocked storm just a week back with OS 4.7.0.78 from Singapore. It is damn slow and battery sucks. Can any one advice to which OS version I should upgarde to.I dont know which download to choose from thread ** ALL Storm Software Links- Official & Betas**.Please help me.

Thanks & Regards,
    Sam.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 11:49 AM
    Thanks a lot Olta.Thank you very much for the quick advice.

regards,
    Sam.
    05-12-09 04:00 AM
    i'm a glutton for punishment...i reloaded . 122 again and did everything ..resent the books, restored the backup, pulled the battery ...once again EVERY WORKED except the phone, it sent the rings, (but NO sound when it did) and i recieved rings but the phone was dead when i answered......i give up i'll wait for VZW updates??? thanks for the help.
    05-12-09 10:40 AM
    OMG this is pathetic.

Every day since it came out I've being trying to download this bloody update but after downloading for 8 hours - the download stops.

Can someone PLEASE upload it to a decent server rather than the ****-house Vodafone UK one?

Thanks
    05-12-09 03:34 PM
    Just tried AGAIN - downloaded 40MB and thinks its finished.

Bored now....
    05-12-09 06:09 PM
    Just tried AGAIN - downloaded 40MB and thinks its finished.

Bored now....
    Which one are you looking for? .141? for 9500?
    05-13-09 12:27 AM
638 ... 2223242526
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD