Delete the vendor.xml file. Located in c- program files- common files- rim- app loader and scroll to the bottom.

Hello I downloaded and installed and the dm will not recognize .132 any help would be greatly appreciated
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 06:37 PM
    Go thru app loader not dm. Also turn the internet connections off on pc then try again.

VZW Storm going to Telus version .122 from .75, this is my first upgrade. Followed the steps of deleting the .xml file and whatnot but can't get DM to recognize the update. Here's what happens:

Attachment 23248

Then I click "Next", It searches for updates again, but shows me this and nothing happens:

Attachment 23249

FML! Whats going on here?

Thank you for any advise.
    04-29-09 06:39 PM
    Go thru app loader not dm. Also turn the internet connections off on pc then try again.

Thanks!!!!!
    04-29-09 06:49 PM
    Just installed 132 notice that it is a wHole lot better.... Camera lag is not a issue. Thanks CB

Last edited by slw281; 04-29-09 at 08:10 PM.
    04-29-09 08:02 PM
    Went offline and worked great! Thanks!
    04-29-09 11:47 PM
    Just installed .122 for Telus storm and works much better, the only thing i do not like is the full keyboard in portrait mode...the letters are way too small to type with any kind of speed.
    04-30-09 02:10 PM
    Just installed .122 for Telus storm and works much better, the only thing i do not like is the full keyboard in portrait mode...the letters are way too small to type with any kind of speed.
    Yea, I gotta agree with you on that issue with the keyboard. How small do they think our fingers are anyways?
    04-30-09 06:07 PM
    Still No Official Os!!! Dayuuuuum Lol
    04-30-09 07:22 PM
    this is probably answered elsewhere but if i install an official os from another carrier, will it void my verizon warranty?
    04-30-09 08:10 PM
    hey all,
    just thought id let you know i just got back from the Verizon store (not my normal store a different one) I was talking to one of the managers about the storm because he owns it also. He told me that he had word of the next update coming on the 15th of january. Now i know most of the verizon employees will say anything to make you believe what theyre telling you is true. However i tend to believe this guy for two reasons:
    1.) he is an owner of the storm and has had similar issues as all the rest of us
    2.) he was actually very knowledgeable not like most of the idiots that work there
    I find unbelievable (but possible) that VZW will push the next update to the limit of the trial period for Storm owners...not fair
    You know, I am beginning to seriously wonder two things. 1. Is it possible that VZW is going to release an "official 5.0.xxx" and that is the reason they are stalling this stuff out and pacifying us with Leaked Oss'?

2. After reading lots and lots of posts including my own I am starting to have a real concern of the possibility that it may truly be the phone's hardware as opposed to software that is causing all of the problems. Other posts have also suggested this as well. This is based on the observation that so many people, even after clean installs, seem to have an OS that is stable or not stable. However, it doesn't seem that very many, if any, of the OSs work on all phones. They all seem to have problems, not because of the OS but because of the phone.
    Lets say 2 people download the same software OS. One works but the other has problems. Then a week later an OS version comes out and those same 2 people download again. This time the person whose Storm didn't work with the previous OS version, works now but the person whose Storm's OS worked the first time doesn't on the new version. They are with the same model of phone and the same carrier, installing the same OS version.
    Last edited by peike; 04-30-09 at 10:30 PM.
    04-30-09 08:30 PM
    Just got a callback from VZW after I sent a letter through planet feedback. The only info I got was they are still testing the OS update (no I don't know which one) and it will be out in the next 2 months. (May-June). Glad I could help.
    05-01-09 01:50 PM
    sitting here wondering when the new OFFICIAL os will come out.
    btw...i have been following up on this thread and most of it or even all of it is about leaked os....like how to install them or downgrade and all that...this is a thread for official...not leaked...am i right?
    05-01-09 05:42 PM
    3 days into the new update and i said i didnt like the portrait keyboard but im starting to get the hang of it, its alot more forgiving than i thought but still cuts down the speed.
    05-01-09 07:25 PM
    This might be a silly question, but what is OS?
    05-02-09 04:07 AM
    This might be a silly question, but what is OS?
    Operating System= OS
    05-02-09 04:12 AM
    Just got a callback from VZW after I sent a letter through planet feedback. The only info I got was they are still testing the OS update (no I don't know which one) and it will be out in the next 2 months. (May-June). Glad I could help.
    Around the end of June or early July, they will say the update will be out in the next 2 months, (July-August). Do I need tell you what they will say around the end of August or early September?

Why do we have to go with buggy slow software for 6 months or more, just so their software can go from bug infested, to God-like perfection in one great leap?
    05-02-09 06:38 PM
    You're assuming it will be "God-like perfection"! LOL
    05-03-09 07:41 AM
    Yes I highly doubt it will be perfect but I feel like they almost have to release a new OS before the next Blackberry (Tour) comes out because I know a lot of people who are going to switch if a new one BB comes out before a new OS so although it seems VZW feels no pressure to please it's customers they may not want to deal with a bunch of used Storms that are given back
    05-03-09 09:04 AM
    Hi

Long time listener first time caller...

I have an unlocked 9530 from Verizon and am using it on Fido Canada!... Now I want the latest and best of things and since proprietry OS doesnt matter in my case if I installed the Bell OS 4.7.0.122 would it matter and would the phone be setup as a Bell phone and not a verizon phone after it was complete.
    (I know it will still work and operate on Fido but right now it has the Verizon logos etc)

2nd Question: Is there a breaddown of the differences between 4.7.0.122 and 4.7.0.75 like is one better then the other?
    05-04-09 12:09 AM
    i downloaded the file. delated the vender file and when i go into bbry desktop manager it does not prompt me for auto download. so i go into app loader and click for software upgrade i see .122 in there. and i click install but then it reads my device info and just says there is no update available for my device. what do i do?
    05-04-09 12:42 AM
    i downloaded the file. delated the vender file and when i go into bbry desktop manager it does not prompt me for auto download. so i go into app loader and click for software upgrade i see .122 in there. and i click install but then it reads my device info and just says there is no update available for my device. what do i do?

For install instruction to load any carriers 95XX OS on your BB:

1. Download desired OS to your PC
    2. Install/run OS to PC
    3. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader (If your not on Orange UK)
    4. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
    5. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.
    05-04-09 07:32 AM
    Under the same Common file folder you deleted the vendor file, launch the exe file and it should load from there.
    05-04-09 07:34 AM

how do you like 141 it seems to have mixed revues
    05-04-09 07:35 AM
    Was at a Verizon store in my local mall. Asked the nice tech if had had heard anything on the new Official Os. He said, "why are you waiting, just go on Crackberry and download one of the leaked Os". Pretty funny.
    05-04-09 08:07 AM
    it works aweome thank you so much!
    05-04-09 10:40 AM
638 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD