o dam .. ok how do i even see what stuff i got on my phone now as far as free memory and what os i got and all that?
    04-20-09 11:32 AM
    I'm sure Telus released .109 officially some weeks back, cheers!
    No Telus did not and has not released .109. They have only released .76. Now .76's package version is .109, but the package version does not mean anything. It's the application version that matters.
    04-20-09 11:35 AM
    This is my first blackberry purchase, and I have been patiently waiting for Verizon to upgrade the OS from .75, but the battery pulls were too much to bear any longer. Coupled with the great blog posted about upgrading the OS, I took the plunge and decided to upgrade. My biggest issue was with the blackberry download site, it took me ten times to finally get the file fully downloaded. Since I have installed the OS, I have not pulled the battery yet, and it is running fast! I had only one crash, immediately after upgrading the OS, and I think it was due to competing resources from my installed apps trying to set permissions for the first time. At this point the only things left on my wish list are:

- Better browser
    - Updated Facebook
    - Sirius Satellite App

I now have the experience I was looking for when I first got the phone. Here's to hoping the OS updates keep coming and the apps community continues to grow! I'm an addict!
    04-20-09 11:43 AM
    [QUOTE=Crucial_Xtreme;1266925]9500

Vodafone: 4.7.0.78
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...05D7C424EBAE5F

I am a Vodafone Australia customer. Will this still work ok even though it says Vodafone UK when I download it?
    04-20-09 09:47 PM
    ok i understand the files are at the top of this page. but im using verizon on my phone so can i use any of those os files? And if i can which one is working the best. Im not seeing how those are leaked os files to me it looks like the os out for that carrier at the current time. Im just not quite getting it yet. I do know my phone has went 2 days over the month and they wont let me return the piece of ****. so im stuck with it. The verizon guy told me to try this. Any help would be appreciated.
    04-20-09 10:12 PM
    Can I update a second Storm to .122 on the same PC and DM that I updated the first Storm on?
    04-20-09 10:35 PM
    err, i got a msg saying cannot dl because it cannot read the source file (straight from the site).
    04-20-09 10:42 PM
    With no disrespect to Fantom, the fact that someone else in a forum conforms something means very little to me unless it is a moderator.

Consensus is no arbiter of reality.
    That's fine, I couldn't care less if you believe Fantom or me. You asked a question, I gave you a correct answer, Fantom backed it up, and whether you decide to believe it or not is your call.

I honestly don't think this is an important enough question for a mod to jump in on, I'd be surprised to see a response from one so you may want to start searching elsewhere for an answer you can believe. Just keep in mind that simply because you get an answer that backs up YOUR belief on what a build number signifies, that doesn't make it right.

Feel free to read the following posts and decide for yourself:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/wh...os-mean-177449

FAQ: Can Someone Please Explain to Me BlackBerry OS Versioning? - Blackberry Storm ROCKS!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/os-...tml#post666458

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/os-...tml#post697311
    04-20-09 10:47 PM
    Can I update a second Storm to .122 on the same PC and DM that I updated the first Storm on?
    Yes, you can update as many as you want from that PC.
    04-20-09 10:48 PM
    thanks love the new os
    04-21-09 03:08 AM
    Got an email response from Verizon yesterday saying that the release of the OS is completely up to RIM. So, either RIM is dragging their feet, or Verizon is lying to me. I tend to think its the latter. I would really like to see the new OS, but I am still happy with my storm.
    04-21-09 10:26 AM
    I know that this question is going to sound dumb and is probably answered elsewhere in the forums but what are my options for upgrading to an unofficial os using a mac. I was using my PC at work to do all of this type of stuff but I'm no longer at that job and just have a mac at home. Any help would be great! Thanks
    04-21-09 10:34 AM
    thanks for the update
    04-21-09 10:37 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys!

I have an unlocked Verizon Storm 9530 using it with ATT.
    I am planning to do my 1st upgrade and need help qith some questions.
    If you guys can help me out and have lil patience as I have never done an upgrade. Mine came with the .85 OS.

1. I know when I download the OS .122 I will have to delete the vendor file and then one goes to do the next step which is the update. My question is what will this do to the ATT files.
    2. Will this cuz the phone to go back to the verizon settings and I will have to use crack util to delete the verizon vendor file. And then have to add the ATT service books?
    3. Or will this stay with the ATT service books?
    4. I also read in the net that the OS has CDMA and Java files which have to be copied and pasted when doing the loader exe? Or will that do that step?
    5. Has any one experienced any bugs with the Bell OS .122?

Thank you guys for your help and patience
    04-21-09 10:49 AM
    I got an update for App World (.26 to .28), not a new OS for Storm
    04-21-09 11:22 AM
    I just went from .75 (VZW) to .122. I had an issue with the first try and the phone acting very clunky. I tried it again using crackmem first and the 2nd try looks to work fine. (though some of the stuff I tried to remove through crackmem is still there)

I do have a few questions from what I seen in .75 vs what is on .122.

1st: I noticed that when I lock the phone, any taps on the screen does not wake it up like in .75 (which then tell you the phone is locked) and this I like, but when I put the locked phone in the holster and then pull it out, it is unlocked. Any way to keep it locked or will the screen stay off while in the holster?

2nd: when I go into sounds - set Tones/Alerts - Messages - Emails - Volume - I notice that "profile" is no longer an option.

3rd (part of 2nd) I chose "silent" for my volume on Emails. But whenever I get a new email, the sound still goes off. I would assume Volume would override profile. Any ideas on this one? If not, does anyone have a 'blank' sound file?

All in all, I like .122 over .75. But I've only had the phone about a week, so I can't really complain about the .75.

It does seem to start with a bit more memory after a battery pull, but that doesn't seem to last long (or is that because Im playing too much with my new toy?). I do like that added full keyboard in portrait mode and the OS does seem to be a bit more snappy (expecially going from portrait to landscape). I think the speaker is more clear during a phone call now too (I haven't had too many calls).

I would still like to see SMS messages have an option to catagorized by each recepient that you click on the see the conversation thread, rather than listed out by time stamp order (yet when you click on the newest, it shows the conversation thread anyways).

I came over to the Storm after having a VZW crippled HTC Touch Pro (before that a VX8600 and a Samsung i760, Palms before that). After playing on this for just a few days, I want to kick myself for not going to a BB sooner. After 6 months of hair pulling issues with the HTC, the Storm feels like a dream!
    Why haven't they fixed the custom contact/vibrate porblems. If I try and set the vibrate to custom, or set up a custom contact, the ohone will vibrate, then ring while in the holster, in sleep mode. WTF??? Why can't they get this problem resolved? I was running .113 which the issue was supposed to eb corrected, NOT and last night upgraded to .122 and thought this bug was fixed, but apparently NOT. This is very disturbing as the Pearl I had before this worked without flaw.

Please, someone help me on this.... Thanks
    04-21-09 11:54 AM
    Verizon just updated me to .114 2 minutes ago through DM.
    04-21-09 12:31 PM
    I just checked, and they still have .75 on the verizon webpage for download.

Verizon just updated me to .114 2 minutes ago through DM.
    04-21-09 12:34 PM
    I have .122 on my phone. Does anyone elses phone randomly restart?
    04-21-09 02:30 PM
    I just checked, and they still have .75 on the verizon webpage for download.
    the verizon store told me it would be a few weeks before I got an update also (I was there yesterday getting the wife a curve). I was backing up my storm when I plugged it in and it updated me....

v4.7.0.114 (platform 4.0.0.143)
    04-21-09 04:58 PM
    glad u could figure this out i sure the **** cant.. ill prolly ruin my phone! lol
    04-22-09 08:17 AM

3. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader (If your not on Orange UK)

[/I]
    why is it necessary to delete the vendor file. may be a stupid question but just wondering
    04-22-09 10:26 AM
    why is it necessary to delete the vendor file. may be a stupid question but just wondering
    Think of it, as the carriers signature approval for there customers only! You can't install another carriers signature into your phone without deleting the vender file.
    04-22-09 10:36 AM
    I'm sorry guys, I had somehow forgotten to delete .114 off of my desktop like i thought i did and it updated it when I restarted. Sorry for the false alarm, I went back to .75 cause the in phone keyboard didn't work.
    04-22-09 01:40 PM
    the verizon store told me it would be a few weeks before I got an update also (I was there yesterday getting the wife a curve). I was backing up my storm when I plugged it in and it updated me....

v4.7.0.114 (platform 4.0.0.143)
    I also went on to DM and there is no update? I have always been happy with Verizon but the lag with this O.S. update is B.S. I have watched for months while all these leaked version's floated around and decided to wait for a official release from Verizon but I am losing my patiences!
    04-22-09 02:53 PM
638 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD