how can I get a copy of ver. .122 or .114
    04-16-09 07:57 AM
    I see we have the real .exe file now!

Downloading tonight!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 08:41 AM
    Frak!!!!! .122 will not download for me!!!! I wanted the installer as a precaution, even though I'm already running the uploaded files from earlier this week. It's running smooth, but this is for backup.
    04-16-09 08:58 AM
    I see we have the real .exe file now!

Downloading tonight!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes the first page has been updated with the link to the .122 .exe file. You can also find the a download thread HERE
    04-16-09 09:00 AM
    Guys, sorry if this is a stupid question but I am having troubles installing .122 on my VZW Storm which is on version 75 now (stock). I tried doing .113 first, deleted the xml file, started the loader manually but there is no OS update in the list that comes up in the loader... What am I doing wrong? PLS help!
    Hey Kev,
    I suggest sticking with .113 if you still have it. .122 seems to have some extra errors that are not 100%. I put .113 on my Storm from .75 last night and love it so far.
    04-16-09 09:29 AM
    Is it possible to use any of the versions even if you have a Vodafone 9500?
    04-16-09 10:52 AM
    This says it is for Bell phones, will it work on Verizon Storms as well?
    04-16-09 11:23 AM
    where can I download .113 from since .122 has some errors?
    04-16-09 11:24 AM
    It works! Thanks guys for your help!!!!
    04-16-09 11:24 AM
    There's an unofficial (created by a CB member) installed for 122....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...staller-202419
    Thanks for the info, but I've been there. In fact, that thread was the reason I posted the info for a .122 exe version of the upgrade, as I have been unable to find it on the internet.
    The .122 os on that thread is not .exe, it's just the 2 folders.
    04-16-09 11:27 AM
    Sorry if this is still harping on the same question, but I have Verizon as my SP. I've noticed there are other upgrades from other carriers and such. Am I only relagated to getting the Verizon or can I get the others. If I get a different one, will it ruin my OS/Phone?

Thanks!
    It won't wreck your phone if you follow the directions on CB!
    04-16-09 01:36 PM
    I tried to download.122 like crucial xtreme stated, but it didn't work. It said the software was downloaded, but in my application menu it still said I was running 109. Can anyone help?
    04-16-09 03:07 PM
    anyone having random reboots? About ten minutes after installing .122 my phone randomly shut off and restarted.

Actually, once I thought about it, that might have been normal. After it rebooted everything was exactly the same before I installed the OS, but it had the new OS on it. Anyways, thanks for the link and liking this OS a lot better than .75 and even a little more than .113.
    Last edited by amavit; 04-16-09 at 03:58 PM.
    04-16-09 03:40 PM
    I followed the instructions, but my update is not working. I'm running 75 on a VZW 9530. I installed the exe to my computer, restarted the computer, and then removed the vendor.xml file. I ran the BB DM. It didn't automatically detect my Storm needed an upgrade. I then clicked on the App Loader and then Update software. The update is listed as 4.7.0.122. I select it and click next. I then get the Update Summary window, which says "no software update is required for your device." Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.
    04-16-09 04:36 PM
    "Sorry, the file is temporarily unavailable, please try again later or contact the webmaster."

Can someone put it on megaupload or rapidshare please?
    04-16-09 05:01 PM
    I followed the instructions, but my update is not working. I'm running 75 on a VZW 9530. I installed the exe to my computer, restarted the computer, and then removed the vendor.xml file. I ran the BB DM. It didn't automatically detect my Storm needed an upgrade. I then clicked on the App Loader and then Update software. The update is listed as 4.7.0.122. I select it and click next. I then get the Update Summary window, which says "no software update is required for your device." Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.
    dont run the DM just stay in that same folder that you deleted the vendor file and run the loader.exe file. Without the vendor file the DM doesnt recognize the upgdate for some reason so you have to run the .exe file manually.
    04-16-09 05:54 PM
    Also I deleted all the caches as well. Browser and the "/"/ event log. I don't know if this helped, but after I did it my app loader recognized the upgrade.
    04-16-09 10:48 PM
    I notice that when you download it, it says "BellMobility"... If I am verizon, not bell, does it matter if i try to upgrade it or not?

Also, can someone send me the link on a step by step how to install? I found it before but now it seems to not exist when i look... :P

Thanks!!

~Cheech~
    04-16-09 11:00 PM
    Having .122 on my phone now for almost 24 hours I'm not so sure that I'm happy with it. It seems glitchy to me. Some things work better than my old .75 version but then there are other things that don't work as well.

Things I like:
    New scrolling highlighter to correct spelling or puncuation when writing.

Full keyboard option when typing in portrait (though tough).

Camera seems to work way better than it used to (couldn't get worse than it was).

Things just seem to move quicker with less lag... most of the time.

Things I don't like:
    When you lock the screen and the phone goes dark, you can't just touch the screen to light the phone back up and see things like the time, batt. power, etc. it just stays black. You will actually have to hit a button on the phone to get a visual now.

Suretype layout is different in portrait, I'm not sure if it will just take me adjusting to it again or what but I personally didn't see what was really wrong with the old version.

Haven't notice anything improved over phone call quality (some say it's improved).

So to sum things up I'm not as happy as I'd like to be with this release. I was really expecting more out of this since it had been so long in the works. Personally I think this is a slight improvement over all, and really, if you're running version .75 and happy with it, I'm not so sure I would update at this time. In hindsight I would have let this one go by and stuck with what seemed to be working very well for me before, except for the camera, that always needed major improvement.

** Anyone get similar e-mails like the below ones I just got? This seems to be in reference to the update I just did yesterday.

it was from what looks like a blackberry email account (can't post email address yet on this site)

Subject: RIM_bca28a80-e9c0-11d1-87fe-00600811c6a2

This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.

BEGINETP 9
    BQEAAAAAAAAA
    ENDETP -2042804783

It has an attachment of ETP.DAT (73 B) to it.

ANYONE???
    Last edited by SeattleReign; 04-17-09 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Update
    04-17-09 08:50 AM
    I don't understand how come everyone discusses beta updates on the official thread.

But I'm not a moderator, so carry on.
    04-17-09 11:06 AM
    I know this is offtopic but does anyone have a download mirror for blackberry o/s 4.7.0.76 for the storm? I can't seem to download it off blackberrys site as its still getting hit hard for the new download.
    04-17-09 11:09 AM
    Just a suggestion on the thread title. maybe instead of just UPDATED, it could read UPDATED as of 17/04/09 or something like that. Just a friendly suggestion
    04-17-09 11:16 AM
    I have been trying to DL the official .122 from the RIM site, but the download craps out at 26mb everytime... can anyone help out with a link to a complete file?
    04-17-09 03:09 PM
    Can anyone explain why Bell Mobility offers 4.7.0.122 for the 9530 and Hutchinson offers 4.7.0.122 for the 9500? (According to CX's post #1 on this thread) Everything I have seen on this forum and others has indicated that you cannot use 9530 software on the 9500 and 9500 software on the 9530. I find this confusing. 73
    04-17-09 07:19 PM
    Because one version is for the 9530 and one is for the 9500, as you just said. The build numbers are the same, but they're for different devices. There's no conflict here, just a misunderstanding that the build numbers are in someway meant to signify which device they're for.
    04-17-09 07:22 PM
638 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD